First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Xlt Sport 4x4
Occupation
Store Mgr
I think if I wanted an F-150, I would buy an F-150. One of the things we liked best about the Ranger is it didn't look like all the other "Kleenex Box" looking trucks.

Next they'll muck up the interior and make it look every other truck too.

All these changes folks are talking about makes me glad we bought our 2019.
Yep glad I got my 2020....I love it
Sponsored

azdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
System Administrator I
Judging by the look of things I'm glad I got my 2021. I don't like the look of the F-150s and like that the Ranger doesn't look anything like them. If I wanted a F-150 I would've bought a F-150.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
kinda like it BUT id really need to see it up close for real to judge.

side note im starting a new job with another residential builder..hopefully these guys prove to be more solvent. anyways im gettn a company vehicle from day one so my '19 ranger w 22k miles now will become even more of a garage princess.
im gonna wait a year and if all goes well either one of you guys or carvana is going to get a chance to buy it!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
that looks like some serious photoshop work..........no fender vents etc, but i am usually wrong just ask my wife.
Note that the video that this was taken from flashed "rendered" across the screen, meaning, "I made it up"! So, while I do not like this look, I would not worry about it actually coming to pass....

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Looks like a Chevy to me
And every other full size truck on the road. Big and flat with no style or aerodynamics. Let keep a little style and uniqueness.

DapperDean

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Besides liking the new front end, I'll buy it just because it's completely new underneath. The 2022 is based on the new Bronco platform which means a much better ride and probably Hybrid and EV options. I can't wait!

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Why try to imitate a bronco/f150 look? The ranger has it's own personality, let it be.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Besides liking the new front end, I'll buy it just because it's completely new underneath. The 2022 is based on the new Bronco platform which means a much better ride and probably Hybrid and EV options. I can't wait!
I'd go for a PHEV at a drop of a hat, even if it looked so hideous :puke:, probably, maybe......

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I don't like the new front end above, just my personal reaction, but since it is only a "rendering" on an internet video, not an official Ford announcement, I am not worried about it becoming reality. But if you are right about the 2022 being based on the new Bronco platform, meaning a better ride, and maybe hybrid and/or EV options, then I am all in as well. (Not quite ready for a full-EV, but I would love a Powerboost Hybrid or even PHEV Ranger, assuming that it will bring ever more power and torque to the table, as they do on other Ford vehicles....)

Marmite

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCab FX4
I’m afraid that based on the micro mini F150 look of the Maverick, we may unfortunately see a mini f150 look for the next gen Ranger. That would be a shame as I think the current Ranger is an attractive design that could be further improved/updated.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
You guys thinking the new Ranger will be available as 2022 MY are smoking crack.
Sponsored