First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Scored some free tickets to the 2022 Cleveland area Auto show! Even parking was free. They did ask for a donation of canned goods for the food back which my dad and I were more than willing to help out with.
First show for 2 years and back at the IX Center which if you don't know the history, you can look it up here.
It was sparsely populated compared to the last time I was there probably 5 years ago. Lots of room between cars and not as many cars per manufacturer.

Classic bronco in the foreground with a new Bronco on the test track. We didn't ride along for the test track although the line really wasn't too long. We didn't do the Jeeps and Rams either and the line was longer but not as long as I've seen it in the past.
20220225_174549.jpg

I think I found where the Broncos are that aren't sitting in a lot waiting for parts. 4 pictured if you look hard enough and I think they had 5 circling the track which included dip in the water which isn't pictured here. There was even 1 hardtop!
20220225_180610.jpg

Not quite ready for prime time... Still needs an engine in there. And I thought it was just chips that were in short supply. :rolleyes:
20220225_175607.jpg

Yeah, not for me. too many door handles.
20220225_175814.jpg
20220225_175852.jpg

Not a real Mustang...
Anyone know why they slap a tablet on the dash of electric cars instead of integrating it into the dash? It appears all manufacturers do that. It would make sense if you could take it off the dash and use it like a tablet but it looks like someone just stuck it on there as an afterthought. Dumb design IMO. :facepalm:
20220225_180008.jpg

2 Mavrick's on display, the other had about 5 4x8 sheets of plywood in the back showing how it could haul them. I think the plywood was valued about the same as the vehicle. :giggle:
I didn't get any shots of the other but looked pretty nice inside for what it is. Not a bad choice if it fits your needs and lots of people checking it out. I think it will do well.
20220225_180441.jpg

And why do cars have these huge grills on them now?
Fugley. Another design fail IMO.
Of course I'm a chrome bumper guy so what do I know. :crazy:
1645851222253.png

Now to try to score some free tickets to the boat show in a few weeks...
Sponsored

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Scored some free tickets to the 2022 Cleveland area Auto show! Even parking was free. They did ask for a donation of canned goods for the food back which my dad and I were more than willing to help out with.
First show for 2 years and back at the IX Center which if you don't know the history, you can look it up here.
It was sparsely populated compared to the last time I was there probably 5 years ago. Lots of room between cars and not as many cars per manufacturer.

Classic bronco in the foreground with a new Bronco on the test track. We didn't ride along for the test track although the line really wasn't too long. We didn't do the Jeeps and Rams either and the line was longer but not as long as I've seen it in the past.
20220225_174549.jpg

I think I found where the Broncos are that aren't sitting in a lot waiting for parts. 4 pictured if you look hard enough and I think they had 5 circling the track which included dip in the water which isn't pictured here. There was even 1 hardtop!
20220225_180610.jpg

Not quite ready for prime time... Still needs an engine in there. And I thought it was just chips that were in short supply. :rolleyes:
20220225_175607.jpg

Yeah, not for me. too many door handles.
20220225_175814.jpg
20220225_175852.jpg

Not a real Mustang...
Anyone know why they slap a tablet on the dash of electric cars instead of integrating it into the dash? It appears all manufacturers do that. It would make sense if you could take it off the dash and use it like a tablet but it looks like someone just stuck it on there as an afterthought. Dumb design IMO. :facepalm:
20220225_180008.jpg

2 Mavrick's on display, the other had about 5 4x8 sheets of plywood in the back showing how it could haul them. I think the plywood was valued about the same as the vehicle. :giggle:
I didn't get any shots of the other but looked pretty nice inside for what it is. Not a bad choice if it fits your needs and lots of people checking it out. I think it will do well.
20220225_180441.jpg

And why do cars have these huge grills on them now?
Fugley. Another design fail IMO.
Of course I'm a chrome bumper guy so what do I know. :crazy:
1645851222253.png

Now to try to score some free tickets to the boat show in a few weeks...
I completely agree with the "tablet" screen. And it isn't just the electric cars. Certain trims of the Explorer and F150 both have the iPad glued to the dash as an afterthought look too. I loathe it personally. And it's interesting that they roped off the Maverick - all of them, including the plywood demo were accessible and people were crawling all over them. And we didn't get that vintage Bronco so I'm guessing it belongs to someone local to you.

Was Honda at your show? They were one of 7 or 8 makers that didn't do Chicago this year. Cadillac skipped it too.

OP
OP
KJRR

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I completely agree with the "tablet" screen. And it isn't just the electric cars. Certain trims of the Explorer and F150 both have the iPad glued to the dash as an afterthought look too. I loathe it personally. And it's interesting that they roped off the Maverick - all of them, including the plywood demo were accessible and people were crawling all over them. And we didn't get that vintage Bronco so I'm guessing it belongs to someone local to you.

Was Honda at your show? They were one of 7 or 8 makers that didn't do Chicago this year. Cadillac skipped it too.
There were some local classic cars at the show as there has been in the past. That's where the old Bronco was.
It's not just Ford slapping the the tablet on the dash, the VW id.4 had the same.
Honda was there. I remember seeing the Cadillac crest but don't recall if it was with the GM display or a local dealership. Thinking dealership, though gm had the most floorspace by far but a lot of versions of the same model. Dodge had 1 car and Chrysler just the Pacifica. Tons of Jeeps but they all look the same to me. Lots of Ram trucks.
The other Maverick wasn't roped off and people were going in and out of it. Just the one I took a shot of was limited.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

IIRC the pictures of the next gen Ranger (might have been the Raptor) had this iPad looking screen. I agree it's ugly and I hope they don't make this part of every model now as it looks like an afterthought stuck on there. They need to integrate it into the dash like the 12" screen on the Bronco, that one is sweet!
Sponsored