First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Well, what should have been a simple alignment is turning into the biggest pain!!!

3/14 Monday morning, Got the Tremor 1" level kit installed by Robby himself of Ford Ranger Lifts, he was awesome to deal with and knocked it out super fast but being that I still needed to work and pick my kids up from school I figured I would get the alignment checked tomorrow. Drove straight and all but dont want any needless tire wear or weird issues while towing for example.

3/15 First shop I call said bring it in, so I did at about 8:30, waited about 30mins for the alignment tech to finish a balance job. They then warned me their rack has issues with trucks sometimes because their sensor is too close to the rack but assured they have 2021 vehicles in their Hunter system and see the Tremor in there. They do an alignment check and really was not bad at all, only caster on the left was out by 0.3* but wanted all the settings cleaned up so they proceeded. Turns out the problem on their rack surfaced once they lifted it up, they lost communication with some sensors.

Go down to tire manufacturer/tire shop that starts with an "F" next, too busy to get me in by this point before I need to get my kids so we set an appointment for Wed 8:30am. They assured me they have the right vehicle software.

3/16 Show up at 8:20am, told the guy please verify Tremor is in there as it has different specs from the FX4. He said no worries, it will be taken care of. Alignment gets done, All I see is 2019-2020 4x4 on the page....ugggg. I dont have time to deal with this, whatever, all the specs seemed good anyway. Get in the truck and no joke, steering wheel is a good 10-15* off center. Go back to complain, I now have to wait because he pulled another car on the rack. I told him about the Tremor not showing and he said its the newest software Hunter has....which is a lie, my buddy in CA has a Hunter and has the Tremor as well as the first shop. At that point due to being lied to I just politely ask for my money back.

I then go to my fav coffee shop to find another shop, next one says they got 2021, bring it in. Nope, they did not. Thankfully it was only 2miles of wasted fuel. I called darn near about 8 shops and none of them had 2021 vehicles in the system. A-Alignment which 2 shops actually recommended is almost 2 weeks booked. Two Ford dealers are booked till next week on alignments. Findlay Customs said they can do it but need the truck all day which could turn into a Plan C for me. I think with Findlay being a local dealer chain, they just take it to Ford and get bumped in line.

FINALLY find a shop that said they can do it so now I have an appointment tomorrow 3/17 8:30am and I am hoping the receptionist was right. A local speed shop did mention them too. I figure worst case they can enter the specs my buddy sent me a screenshot of off his Hunter. I mentioned that to some shops and they said either their tech did not feel comfortable with that or that they could not do it.

Plan B is to try another shop on the other side of town. Their location close to me said that shop has 2021 software which makes sense, it is a new location.

3/17.....TBD

Image attached is how it is now driving straight after that national chain did it.

PXL_20220316_174209349.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
awd.nv

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Are ‘21 specs supposed to be different than ‘20?
The Tremor has different specs. Has a little more caster and toe. Not like it is a drastic difference but Ford has it different for a reason.

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
Well, what should have been a simple alignment is turning into the biggest pain!!!

3/14 Monday morning, Got the Tremor 1" level kit installed by Robby himself of Ford Ranger Lifts, he was awesome to deal with and knocked it out super fast but being that I still needed to work and pick my kids up from school I figured I would get the alignment checked tomorrow. Drove straight and all but dont want any needless tire wear or weird issues while towing for example.

3/15 First shop I call said bring it in, so I did at about 8:30, waited about 30mins for the alignment tech to finish a balance job. They then warned me their rack has issues with trucks sometimes because their sensor is too close to the rack but assured they have 2021 vehicles in their Hunter system and see the Tremor in there. They do an alignment check and really was not bad at all, only caster on the left was out by 0.3* but wanted all the settings cleaned up so they proceeded. Turns out the problem on their rack surfaced once they lifted it up, they lost communication with some sensors.

Go down to tire manufacturer/tire shop that starts with an "F" next, too busy to get me in by this point before I need to get my kids so we set an appointment for Wed 8:30am. They assured me they have the right vehicle software.

3/16 Show up at 8:20am, told the guy please verify Tremor is in there as it has different specs from the FX4. He said no worries, it will be taken care of. Alignment gets done, All I see is 2019-2020 4x4 on the page....ugggg. I dont have time to deal with this, whatever, all the specs seemed good anyway. Get in the truck and no joke, steering wheel is a good 10-15* off center. Go back to complain, I now have to wait because he pulled another car on the rack. I told him about the Tremor not showing and he said its the newest software Hunter has....which is a lie, my buddy in CA has a Hunter and has the Tremor as well as the first shop. At that point due to being lied to I just politely ask for my money back.

I then go to my fav coffee shop to find another shop, next one says they got 2021, bring it in. Nope, they did not. Thankfully it was only 2miles of wasted fuel. I called darn near about 8 shops and none of them had 2021 vehicles in the system. A-Alignment which 2 shops actually recommended is almost 2 weeks booked. Two Ford dealers are booked till next week on alignments. Findlay Customs said they can do it but need the truck all day which could turn into a Plan C for me. I think with Findlay being a local dealer chain, they just take it to Ford and get bumped in line.

FINALLY find a shop that said they can do it so now I have an appointment tomorrow 3/17 8:30am and I am hoping the receptionist was right. A local speed shop did mention them too. I figure worst case they can enter the specs my buddy sent me a screenshot of off his Hunter. I mentioned that to some shops and they said either their tech did not feel comfortable with that or that they could not do it.

Plan B is to try another shop on the other side of town. Their location close to me said that shop has 2021 software which makes sense, it is a new location.

3/17.....TBD

Image attached is how it is now driving straight after that national chain did it.

PXL_20220316_174209349.jpg
It’s tough to find a good alignment tech. Mine was put through several warranties alignments before it was satisfactory. I’d make them redo it until it’s correct.

OP
OP
awd.nv

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
It’s tough to find a good alignment tech. Mine was put through several warranties alignments before it was satisfactory. I’d make them redo it until it’s correct.
Yeah, the industry does not reward great work, instead fast and good enough.

Russd

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw bus 4runner
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a shop Robby recommends around?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Honestly I'm a little surprised you didn't schedule it with a Ford dealer before getting the spacers installed. Part of this is kind of on you on that part. I understand the frustrations that you're getting because a new vehicle may not be in a computer system. At least not at all shocked because plenty of places are cheap.

McDeuce

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
The Tremor has different specs. Has a little more caster and toe. Not like it is a drastic difference but Ford has it different for a reason.
I took this with me to the alignment shop … I got it off the site from someone that shared it.
7BB1D24B-4A1B-426C-90A7-A1D65EE7C77B.jpeg

OP
OP
awd.nv

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I took this with me to the alignment shop … I got it off the site from someone that shared it.
7BB1D24B-4A1B-426C-90A7-A1D65EE7C77B.jpeg
Thanks, Yeah my buddy sent me a picture off his Hunter alignment machine, the shops that could take the truck in told me either they were not comfortable doing it or their machine doesn't let them do it (which is false).

It's just an alignment, not a motor swap. Don't believe the trouble this has become. Not to mention it is 2022.

IMG_20220316_121210.jpg

OP
OP
awd.nv

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Is there a shop Robby recommends around?
There is a shop around here that I believe was the one Robby and a couple others recommended but they were 2 weeks backed up.

I figured this is an easy alignment, not like I am taking my '66 Mustang in for alignment ya know. Boy did I over estimate their capabilities. My buddy mentioned it is about $600yr for updated Hunter software, you would think these shops would make the investment.

Honestly I'm a little surprised you didn't schedule it with a Ford dealer before getting the spacers installed. Part of this is kind of on you on that part. I understand the frustrations that you're getting because a new vehicle may not be in a computer system. At least not at all shocked because plenty of places are cheap.
Basically my response is the same as above. I clearly over estimated the abilities of the tire/alignment shops in my area.

The thing if, Ford would be no better other than they have the software. I have seen bad and good alignment techs when I worked at the dealer. I would have guessed by now, 2022 that they would all have the 2021 software.
Sponsored

Last edited: