2020 XL Ranger no central locking

markpedlow

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 NA Ranger
Hey, bought a 2020 at the Ranger. At the dealership and tell me if you don’t have a Lucky and make it out of the $300. Forget it had somewhere because I can’t unlock the car from my phone. Bought a central locking key and able to program it to start the car unlock what buttons do not work. Is this something that can be programmed? Or do I need to go pay the dealer $300?Hey, bought a 2020 XL Ranger. At the dealership and tell me if you don’t have a Lucky and make it out of the $300. Forget it had somewhere because I can’t unlock the car from my phone. Bought a central locking key and able to program it to start the car unlock what buttons do not work. Is this something that can be programmed? Or do I need to go pay the dealer $300
Sponsored

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, bought a 2020 at the Ranger. At the dealership and tell me if you don’t have a Lucky and make it out of the $300. Forget it had somewhere because I can’t unlock the car from my phone. Bought a central locking key and able to program it to start the car unlock what buttons do not work. Is this something that can be programmed? Or do I need to go pay the dealer $300?Hey, bought a 2020 XL Ranger. At the dealership and tell me if you don’t have a Lucky and make it out of the $300. Forget it had somewhere because I can’t unlock the car from my phone. Bought a central locking key and able to program it to start the car unlock what buttons do not work. Is this something that can be programmed? Or do I need to go pay the dealer $300
Lesson of the day, Don't try to post when you've been hitting the Sauce hard!

SN13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
LOL... WUT?

Reactions: Doc

JoeC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Yup, with the info you provided, you've got to pay the dealer $300.
Any other questions?

OP
OP

markpedlow

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 NA Ranger
Hey, bought a 2020 XL Ranger. At the dealership they told me it didn’t come with remote keyless entry. I figured it had it in someway because I can unlock the car from my phone. I Bought a remote fob and Was able to program it to start the car But it won’t unlock the car with the buttons on the fob. Is this something that can be programmed? Or do I need to go pay the dealer $300?

Sorry, did voice to text and didn’t re read it.

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
Hey, bought a 2020 XL Ranger. At the dealership they told me it didn’t come with remote keyless entry. I figured it had it in someway because I can unlock the car from my phone. I Bought a remote fob and Was able to program it to start the car But it won’t unlock the car with the buttons on the fob. Is this something that can be programmed? Or do I need to go pay the dealer $300?

what i think we have here is a failure to communicate...............cool hand luke

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
To answer the OP's question I think you may well have to pay the dealership to program the truck/fob to allow remote unlocking with the fob if this was not part of the XL pkg. There may be a Forscan solution but that will cost as well.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Maybe it's his accent that makes him hard to understand?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

Reading first post thought it was really bad auto correct, but voice to text explains it:shock:

People need to realize that remote start and lock/unlock from the fob and Fordpass are two entirely different systems. One uses a radio receiver in the truck, the other uses the cell modem in the truck. Just because you can access your vehicle from Fordpass doesn't mean you can do the same with a new fob without adding a new/different module/receiver to the truck. I think you may be in for the $300.

Davejb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL STX

Which specific fob did you purchase and how did you program it?

JoeC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat

I still think you're going to need to have a $300 dealer work this out for you, but:

I'm curious; exactly what were you doing, on what device, talk to text, that you didn't check, for that original post?
Jeeze, that didn't work very well.

I ask because I'm an 'ol timer, starting to use this phone more and more, and I don't ever want to do that!

Just kidding, I hope you find a solution that doesn't involve paying the dealer.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO

Thank God. I know I'm getting old, and sometimes things just don't work right. But, there for a minute I thought it was over for me for sure. :)

The thing that bothers me is that the dealer you bought the truck from wants to charge to 300 bucks to plug in a computer, and make a few key strokes. All I have is maybe try talking with your sales person, and see if they can't get you a little discount. Sales budgets, and Service Dept. budgets are separate and the service dept. is trying to squeeze you for their profits.
Sponsored