Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 301A
  • Banned
Hi all,

Sold my heavily modified F-150 and bought a 2020 Ranger XLT FX4 301A. Love the truck so far and have added auxito yellow fogs and high beams. I have some 2stroke 3.0 on the way for the low beams and will see if they fit. No one seems to have an answer if they will or not so I'm gonna be the test mule. Also added a CS Motorsports phone mount too.

120E6CFC-1778-4FCF-9DFF-D80F6946C2C7.jpeg
Sponsored

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Any plans for suspension, wheels, tires, etc. ?
One of the biggest complaints with the FX4 is the under dampened suspension. I have to say you get used to it somewhat but I miss the firm ride of my last vehicle. I am going to upgrade my FX4 to bilstein soon but everyone who does so seems to rave about the improvement. Enjoy the truck and welcome.

OP
OP

Sleipnir

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 301A
  • Banned
Any plans for suspension, wheels, tires, etc. ?
One of the biggest complaints with the FX4 is the under dampened suspension. I have to say you get used to it somewhat but I miss the firm ride of my last vehicle. I am going to upgrade my FX4 to bilstein soon but everyone who does so seems to rave about the improvement. Enjoy the truck and welcome.
Thought about suspension and if I did I'd do the Ford Performance Fox 2.0's because I'd prefer the softer ride. Not sure if that's true compared to the regular 2.0's but we'll see. Wheels I like and I'd do maybe a little bigger K02's but I don't want to cut crash bars.... For now.

My last truck I went way overboard so I'm learning my lesson on heavily modify stuff again ? I tend to not be happy with what I've got and want to improve it. That usually gets me into a lot of trouble

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Thought about suspension and if I did I'd do the Ford Performance Fox 2.0's because I'd prefer the softer ride. Not sure if that's true compared to the regular 2.0's but we'll see. Wheels I like and I'd do maybe a little bigger K02's but I don't want to cut crash bars.... For now.

My last truck I went way overboard so I'm learning my lesson on heavily modify stuff again ? I tend to not be happy with what I've got and want to improve it. That usually gets me into a lot of trouble
I agree about the wheels. As far as stock ranger wheels go the ones you have and the tremor ones are probably the nicest and don’t really “need” an upgrade.

I want to leave the crash bars intact as well as I drive my wife and kids around a lot. On the other hand I imagine the aftermarket ones probably do a similar job of keeping the wheels out of the cabin.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
The black looks great, but keeping it shiny will require a lot of work. What about that silver valance? Can those be painted to blend in with the rest of the truck?

OP
OP

Sleipnir

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 301A
  • Banned
I agree about the wheels. As far as stock ranger wheels go the ones you have and the tremor ones are probably the nicest and don’t really “need” an upgrade.

I want to leave the crash bars intact as well as I drive my wife and kids around a lot. On the other hand I imagine the aftermarket ones probably do a similar job of keeping the wheels out of the cabin.

I do like the wheels a lot and I don't want a huge tire that'll need a spacer for. Just don't really want to go that big. Probably after a while I'd think about but right now I want to keep it stock for a while.

Yea that's true. I'm just wondering if they're certified in whatever standard the Ford version are. If that's a thing. I'm not against them and thought about it but what am I gonna say to my insurance when they ask you know
The black looks great, but keeping it shiny will require a lot of work. What about that silver valance? Can those be painted to blend in with the rest of the truck?
Yea I'm ready to make it sparkle because that black is beautiful up close with the metallic in it. But really, did think how hard it be to keep black clean. Bought it Saturday, it rained and the truck was filthy! I didn't think about that but that's actually a good idea. I'll have to see if I want to paint it.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP

Sleipnir

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 301A
  • Banned
So I could fit the pwm modules and the LEDs inside the housing but the only problem is that the bulbs are too long for the dust covers to go on all the way. They bulge on one side

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Hi all,

Sold my heavily modified F-150 and bought a 2020 Ranger XLT FX4 301A. Love the truck so far and have added auxito yellow fogs and high beams. I have some 2stroke 3.0 on the way for the low beams and will see if they fit. No one seems to have an answer if they will or not so I'm gonna be the test mule. Also added a CS Motorsports phone mount too.

120E6CFC-1778-4FCF-9DFF-D80F6946C2C7.jpeg
Nice looking truck. Where are your tow hooks?

OP
OP

Sleipnir

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 301A
  • Banned
Nice looking truck. Where are your tow hooks?
I literally said the same thing after I got it home ? I haven't called the dealership and ask yet but I want Smitty built shackles anyway