Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electrician
Just an FYI
Started out as a random squeak every once in a while a couple months ago. Sounded like a wheel bearing. Then last week it started to get loud from about 20mph up to cruising speed. Since it's still under warranty I didn't bother crawling under it.
Made an appointment at the dealership last week and dropped it off Monday morning (4/5) and finally got it back today (4/9). Little excessive just for a carrier bearing IMO.
Now for my b*tching and complaining.
I stopped driving American branded vehicles over 20yrs ago because of poor service and quality. Took a chance on the new Ranger, and it looks like service and quality have remained the same. When I rolled in and the service advisor seen it had a level kit he said, "Well, we'll see if warranty covers it.". To which I laughed and reminded him that warranty will cover every single nut and bolt on that truck from the assembly line! Also, the Ford dealer doesn't even offer a free loaner car! WTF?! Then, on top of all that, the service advisor would not answer his phone or return messages until it was done today. No updates, no texts, nothing.
I got spoiled by Toyota, BMW and Subaru. Free loaners, even for oil changes. Constant text updates and communication, and NEVER once have they questioned anything when the vehicle had warranty! BMW doesn't give two sh!ts, turbo back exhaust, tune and coil overs, they will cover every single part that BMW put on the car. My parts, my problem, BMW parts, BMW's problem. Why is that such a hard concept for the Big 3?

In all, it's fixed. Hopefully nothing else.
Sponsored

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I always ask my dealers if they offer loaner cars before I get service done.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Who gets a loaner for an oil change?

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Porsche gives loaners for oil changes the dealer near me is the best one ever.
No, I asked who GETS one, not who GIVES one. I’m not bothering with a loaner for one hour max job.

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans
Did you go the the Fuccillo Ford in East Greenbush ? Same thing there.
If that is the same Fuccillo that owns the Ford dealership in Adams, NY I wish you luck.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
Ford replaced a part under warranty and you’re complaining that it didn’t include Grey Poupon and a live video feed of the progress. Have you been sent a service survey yet?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
My buddy has a taco that needed the frame replaced. Drove it in for inspection and they said he couldn’t take it back from that moment on. It wasn’t safe to drive. Then he asks how long for the repairs. No answers, nothing, nada, zilch, zip! Then he says well gonna need a loner then. We don’t have any they replied! Ok then now what? We can get you a rental if you can wait. Sure he says and 3 hours later in comes the rental. A Tayota RAV.

So the months start ticking by and I asked him if he heard anything on your truck yet? Nope! Nothing!!!. 6 months later, your truck is ready for pickup. If you don’t come within the next day to claim it rental charges will be on you from that point on. He left work early to get it.

Next morning never heard so much bitching in my life. Seems there were new issues to take up with the dealer! I laughed, that’s what you get for driving a taco bro!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Canadians are cucks. And you haven't had a decent hockey team in 30yrs.
:like:
I’m up early this morning, getting ready to head to work. Loading up my truck with a few more tools and some material - the truck I paid for by working hard - every day - sometimes on Sundays. I have a bit of framing to finish up because the electrician will be on-site tomorrow and it’s tough wiring walls that don’t exist.

No entitlements for most of us until retirement, when we collect our version of what I think you refer to as Social Security. We really aren’t that different - we work hard and hope to retire happy and healthy - we’re certainly not cucks.

And you’re wrong about our hockey teams - it’s been 40 years.

Last edited by a moderator: