Sponsored

2020 Bronco Front End

Erod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I haven’t purchased a new car in years. However, I may be a customer if the front end looks something like the the Bronco that came out on the movie “Rampage.” The front end depicted on the pic above does not get my purchasing fluids going. Thoughts?
Sponsored

F M L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
The Ford Bronco you saw in the movie was basically the 2004 Bronco Concept. Very forward looking design even if they brought it to market today just like that. I'm also hoping some elements of that design make it into the 2021 Bronco.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Like you I'm not very keen on that design. But as it goes, new car designs very seldom look like the concept design.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have never cared much for the styling of the Rampage concept. The overall shape is right, but the details are wrong. It is trying too hard to be some combination of modern and simple.

I don't expect the Bronco to be terribly different than the new Ranger -- perhaps a bit more squared along the fenders and hood line, and the perforated portion of the grill might be slightly more rectangular, less hexagonal, probably with a rounded headlight fixture.

Looking at recently updated ford models, the Expedition is very close in profile to what I'd expect from the Bronco -- with different shaped mirrors and headlights, minus the air dam:

_

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've hated that 2004 grill since day one......just yuck, nasty. The rest of it looks OK, though I tend to believe the 2020 will be much tougher and better looking once it is realized. Smoking the hope-ium I suppose...

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think it's going to look much like the Rangers front end at all. Especially seeing how the new baby Bronco's front end is looking like. Seeing as how Ford is going to make Bronco a brand line up I see them differentiating it from the Ranger. If anything I see it more resembling the front end of a Raptor. More straight up and square but looking like it will have round headlights. I hope this is the case as the Baby Bronco gives me even more hope for that.

Andrew Bynum

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry CE
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seeing as how Ford is going to make Bronco a brand line up I see them differentiating it from the Ranger.
I’m not sure why everyone keeps repeating that Ford is going to make an entire line of different Broncos. A few weeks ago, someone posted that idea in the comments here, then Admin created a thread about it saying the info came from a “tipster” and linking to that commment. Weird. That’s just not enough for me to call it gospel.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not sure why everyone keeps repeating that Ford is going to make an entire line of different Broncos. A few weeks ago, someone posted that idea in the comments here, then Admin created a thread about it saying the info came from a “tipster” and linking to that commment. Weird. That’s just not enough for me to call it gospel.

Well the fact that the "Baby" Bronco is being showcased with it as well as it looking a lot like an actual small Bronco leads me to believe it. I wouldn't have given it much thought until I saw the new pictures of it and it definitely looks like part of a Bronco line up. Plus it was shown in front of a Bronco shadow.
Of course it is still speculation though. None of this is gospel.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My understanding of it is this. It was rumored that Bronco6g is an "unofficial" sounding board for Ford. It's a way for them (Ford) to throw out some concept images and get a lot of feedback from potential customers, but still be able to be "officially" deny anything they choose to, like an ugly concept that tanks...etc etc.
As I recall, the rumor was fed by the fact that the Mustang 6G (?) site was started and gathered a lot of interest with it's "concept" images, which when the 6th Gen Mustang was revealed, by golly, it looked way too much like 6G's drawings to be a coincidence.
So, here we are, at a Bronco6G site, ran by the same folks who run Mustang6g AANNDD Ranger 5G, being fed some incredibly detailed concept images shortly before Ford officially announces that the Bronco is indeed coming back. Plus, Admin seems to be on top of any "releases" before anybody else??? You do the math.
Therefore , "admin" is thought to be somebody in the know, but they will probably never reveal themselves.
Kind of like EF Hutton. When Admin speaks, people (Bronco junkies in particular) listen.
Sponsored

Last edited: