2019 Ranger Buy Back

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
So currently in the process of having ford buy back or replace my 2019 ranger due to a long list of issues that have not been fixed in the 3 months I've owned the truck after 5 trips to the dealer and over 5 weeks without the vehicle. Has anyone gone through this process and if so, how did it go?

Main issues:

1. Constant on and off of the "check 4wd" light. When on, truck will not switch into 4WD.
2. Lane keep system simply does not work even though it is "on" in alert and assist mode
3. Drivers door is not aligned with body. Dealer has tried to fix four times and can't get it aligned.
4. Passenger window has been replaced twice for defects and needs to be replaced a third time.
5. Engine makes a loud rattle noise on acceleration. None of the three ranger loaner trucks I have had make this noise.
6. One of the center console USB ports does not work.
7. Trim between the doors is bubbling and uneven
8. Steering wheel is not aligned and has to be held about 30 degrees left to drive the truck straight. Dealer has tried to fix this 3 times and can't get it straight.

Waiting to hear back from Ford about next steps... Not very happy...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
So currently in the process of having ford buy back or replace my 2019 ranger due to a long list of issues that have not been fixed in the 3 months I've owned the truck after 5 trips to the deal and over 5 weeks without the vehicle. Has anyone gone through this process and if so, how did it go?

Main issues:

1. Constant on and off of the "check 4wd" light. When on, truck will not switch into 4WD.
2. Lane keep system simply does not work even though it is "on" in alert and assist mode
3. Drivers door is not aligned with body. Dealer has tried to fix four times and can't get it aligned.
4. Passenger window has been replaced twice for defects and needs to be replaced a third time.
5. Engine makes a loud rattle noise on acceleration. None of the three ranger loaner trucks I have had have this issue.
8. Steering wheel is not aligned and has to be held about 30 degrees left to drive the truck straight. Dealer has tried to fix this 3 times and can't get it straight.

check on the lemon laws. IIRC if it goes back for the same issues within 30 days it falls in this category.

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
From what I can tell, it qualifies for Utah Lemon Law. Trying to work with Ford first, as I heard decent things about their buyback/replacement program before having to file a lemon law claim with the state,

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I know there’s another member here who had it done but I can’t remember who it was. Hopefully they see this and respond!

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
So currently in the process of having ford buy back or replace my 2019 ranger due to a long list of issues that have not been fixed in the 3 months I've owned the truck after 5 trips to the dealer and over 5 weeks without the vehicle. Has anyone gone through this process and if so, how did it go?

Main issues:

5. Engine makes a loud rattle noise on acceleration. None of the three ranger loaner trucks I have had make this noise.

If you do get another Ranger, go to a different dealer.

Cant align a door or index a steering wheel?

That is basic stuff. If they cant do that, no wonder they cant fix anything else.

Inexcusable.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
If you do get another Ranger, go to a different dealer.

Cant align a door or index a steering wheel?

That is basic stuff. If they cant do that, no wonder they cant fix anything else.

Inexcusable.
That’s what I was thinking

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Sounds more like an incompetent dealer service staff than a faulty vehicle.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Sounds more like an incompetent dealer service staff than a faulty vehicle.
It's both, many of those issues are completely unrelated and the dealer hasn't be an able to fix any of them. I wouldn't want that Ranger even if the dealer fixed them all. What else is going to break after that?

OP
OP
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
It's both, many of those issues are completely unrelated and the dealer hasn't be an able to fix any of them. I wouldn't want that Ranger even if the dealer fixed them all. What else is going to break after that?

My thoughts exactly.

Will for sure be going to a different dealer.

OP
OP
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Well for anyone that is interested, Ford denied my buy buck request claiming the truck has only been in the dealer for 16 days when in fact service records from the dealer show 33 days and it needs to go back yet again... Unbelievable.

Dealer thinks I should "trade in" the truck and get a different one. Cause that seems fair... They would probably give me 10k less than what I paid 3 months ago...

Debating hiring a lemon law attorney at this point.

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
Well for anyone that is interested, Ford denied my buy buck request claiming the truck has only been in the dealer for 16 days when in fact service records from the dealer show 33 days and it needs to go back yet again... Unbelievable.

Dealer thinks I should "trade in" the truck and get a different one. Cause that seems fair... They would probably give me 10k less than what I paid 3 months ago...

Debating hiring a lemon law attorney at this point.
If it has been in the shop for that long, then look up a reputable lemon law attorney and give them a call. Every states lemon laws are different but usually there is a time frame in which you can submit your claims. OEMs do what they can to delay you out of that time frame.

Edit: Found this online about UT lemon law:
"The vehicle must have been to the manufacturer to have the same defect resolved at least four times OR out of service to the consumer a total of 30 days DURING the first year or the warranty period, whichever is less (if your problems occur AFTER this time period, you do NOT qualify for the Utah Lemon Law);"
Sponsored