2019 Ford Ranger Live Photos from NAIAS!

Discussion in 'General Ford Ranger Discussions' started by Administrator, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Administrator

Staff Member

Ford rolled the all-new 2019 Ford Ranger on stage at the North American International Auto Show today and we were there live to capture all the goodies for you!

2019-Ford Ranger-Revealed-1.jpg 2019-Ford Ranger-Revealed-2.jpg 2019-Ford Ranger-Revealed-3.jpg 2019-Ford Ranger-Revealed-4.jpg 2019-Ford Ranger-Revealed-5.jpg 2019-Ford Ranger-Revealed-6.jpg 2019-Ford Ranger-Revealed-7.jpg 2019-Ford Ranger-Revealed-8.jpg 2019-Ford Ranger-Revealed-9.jpg 2019-Ford Ranger-Revealed-10.jpg 2019-Ford Ranger-Revealed-11.jpg 2019-Ford Ranger-Revealed-12.jpg 2019-Ford Ranger-Revealed-13.jpg 2019-Ford Ranger-Revealed-14.jpg 2019-Ford Ranger-Revealed-15.jpg 2019-Ford Ranger-Revealed-16.jpg 2019-Ford Ranger-Revealed-17.jpg 2019-Ford Ranger-Revealed-18.jpg 2019-Ford Ranger-Revealed-19.jpg

Tra1969 likes this.
  2. Administrator

Staff Member

Updated with interior photos!

2019-Ford-Ranger-Interior1.jpg 2019-Ford-Ranger-Interior2.jpg 2019-Ford-Ranger-Interior3.jpg 2019-Ford-Ranger-Interior4.jpg 2019-Ford-Ranger-Interior5.jpg

Tra1969 and Paul Mitchell like this.
  3. Tra1969

Tra1969 Member

Vehicle(s):
    2014 Ford Escape Titanium
    #3 Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Very nice! Going to see it Friday! Update, looked Awesome. A little smaller then I expected but still a great looking truck. Here is a couple of pics from the show.

5516FD2E-9816-495A-BAA5-1F9CADEBE0B0.jpeg

4A015858-4A29-46B0-89BB-908F0E5BA2EF.jpeg

4. dano0726

dano0726 Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    2011 Jeep Wrangler
    I'm hoping for a couple more interior color selections and a price equal to/lower than the Chevy Colorado/Toyota Tacoma

Tra1969 likes this.
  5. MattyIce

MattyIce Member

Vehicle(s):
    Bronco II
    I heard a hot rumor that the base Ranger is going to be under 25k. I'm thinking a fully loaded Ranger (Lariat, FXII) is gonna come in between 35-40k. Less than the Tacoma TRD Pro and Colorado ZR2.

6. dano0726

dano0726 Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    2011 Jeep Wrangler
    Dumb Question for the Day: does the 2.3L Ecoboost require premium unleaded (in the real world...)?

7. BONESTOCK

BONESTOCK Member

Vehicle(s):
    94 Lightning, 04 Mach 1, 98 Expy
    Pretty sure it'll be like the ST where premium is preferred but the computer will detune to a lower grade octane automatically if needed.

rduvall likes this.
  8. TrackRider54

TrackRider54 Member

Vehicle(s):
    Ford Escape
    I'm so looking forward to this truck. I don't want a big F-150 size truck, but I need something big enough to hold my motorcycle in the bed.

9. Ugga Mugga

Ugga Mugga Active Member

First Name:
    Jack
    Vehicle(s):
    F-150
    Ditto. This thing is the perfect size for me too. F-150 is too big.

Curious, how are you planning to secure the motorcycle in the bed?

10. TrackRider54

TrackRider54 Member

Vehicle(s):
    Ford Escape
    Baxley sport chock, Ancra tie downs.

Works great. Ride up the ramp and into the chock. Hop off. Tie down.

11. dano0726

dano0726 Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    2011 Jeep Wrangler
    I'm really kinda diggin' (even more) the style of this new Ranger -- I can't get past the Chevy Colorado's front end (it looks goofy to me -- like their SUV or something) and I'm not paying $50K for the Jeep Scrambler (even though I currently roll with a 2011 Jeep Wrangler now...)

I test-drove the Tacoma and could NOT get comfortable in the driver's seat (I'm 5'10") -- it seemed like I was squatting on the floorboard with no height adjustment

12. Willij60

Willij60 New Member

Vehicle(s):
    07 tacoma
    I'm waiting for the MPG ratings on this little truck, I'm currently in a 07 regular cab tacoma 4cyl for my work vehicle. 100 miles a day round trip. I need more room but still need fuel economy. I hope they can beat all the competition in MPGs.

13. MNRaptor

MNRaptor Member

Vehicle(s):
    Ford F150
    Very excited about the Ranger coming to the US. We had an '86 and '95 in my family while growing up. Three years ago I bought a new 2014 F150 STX supercab and it is just too massive. Most I will be towing is 2,000 lbs so the full size is overkill and a super pain to park (and the STX trim is bare bones and not too exciting). When I bought the F150 the only other truck I was considering was a Tacoma but would have paid 6K more than the STX to have the Double Cab and nice features.

I'm really curious on the prices of the Ranger and Raptor. Would love to swing a Raptor if released to US but not sure how it will be priced. My guess is 44K for a loaded Raptor but that is about 25K less than a loaded F150 Raptor and not sure if Ford would price the Ranger Raptor like that. I agree with the above post that an equipped Lariat FX4 will be about 38K. So, that could put a Ranger Raptor above 50K possibly, ugh. But will Ford price the Lariat FX4 similar to the Tacoma TRD Pro and Colorado ZR2 or will the Ranger Raptor be competitively priced with the closest competition.

And if Raptor comes to US, I'm thinking engine will be a higher output 2.3 EB.

14. TrackRider54

TrackRider54 Member

Vehicle(s):
    Ford Escape
    I'm going to be in the market to buy in about 2.5 to 3 years. I'll be handing my Ford Escape down to my daughter and looking to get a pickup that's roomy enough for my 6'5" frame, will hold a motorcycle in the bed, and gets decent fuel mileage.

I've been looking at the Canyon and Tacoma. The Frontier is just too small. The Tacoma is a little cramped for me. The GMC is the front runner now, but I'm anxious to see what the new Frontier will look like...and being a Ford guy for years....can't wait to test out a Ranger.

15. NY35

NY35 Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    Zamboni
    I'm just hoping it comes to the US at all. But if it does, I hope it comes with the 2.3 ecoboost. Anyone know how tunable that engine has been?

And fugly ;)

16. rduvall

rduvall Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Altima

17. TrackRider54

TrackRider54 Member

Vehicle(s):
    Ford Escape
    I know towing is high on some folks radar, but if I were going to tow I'd go with an F-150 or F-250.

I see the Ranger as a light duty "lifestyle" truck for hauling motorcycles, canoes, ATVs, jet skis, etc. Maybe a bass boat at the most.

I want a truck for two things:

1) A comfortable daily driver that's easy to park and gets decent fuel mileage
    2) Will hold my motorcycle in the bed for day runs up to the mountains without having to ride the boring interstate bits.

I think my use is exactly what Ford designed the truck for. I don't think they had towing travel trailers or horse trailers in mind and I don't believe they are designing it to be a "sport truck" with car like handling and dragstrip abilities.

18. MNRaptor

MNRaptor Member

Vehicle(s):
    Ford F150
    I'm in the same boat as you. I have an F150 which is overkill for my needs. I do need a truck for towing but very light towing: an aluminum trailer with ATV, total weight 1000 lbs and a very small and light 16' pontoon, total weight 2,000 lbs. Also, the small bed is perfect for my needs: hauling Home Depot type stuff, weekend excursions, portable fish house for ice fishing, kayaks, treestand and bow, deer, etc.

19. dano0726

dano0726 Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    2011 Jeep Wrangler
    I'm guessing Ford already knows this, but companies/businesses (like mine) will be considering the Ranger CrewCabs as perfect replacements for light-duty field work (project managers, supervisors, etc...) -- wonder if these will become part of their Ford Fleet Program, especially if the XL trim has decent specs? Our F150's don't tow/haul (we have F350's for that) and a small vehicle should fit the bill nicely...

20. TrackRider54

TrackRider54 Member

Vehicle(s):
    Ford Escape
    I'd actually rather have a lighter duty truck that gets better fuel mileage and is easier to drive and park in urban areas. I work smack in the middle of downtown Nashville and traffic is nuts as is parking.

But I am an avid outdoor person. I enjoy bicycling, motorcycling, camping, etc. Having a small 4x4 truck to haul bikes and gear would be awesome. I had a 2013 F-150 with the 5.0L and while it was a great truck, I had to make sure the tow ball was removed or else I couldn't shut my garage door. I got about 17mpg feather footing the thing...I'm talking idling away from lights and such. If I mashed the throttle at all it would drop to around 15mpg combined. Even on the highway I only saw about 20-21mpg. I seldom ever towed anything with it.

It was wonderfully comfortable and I loved all the room inside. If I could have a smaller version of that truck I'd be thrilled!