First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
That's cool, my Ford sales guy could have used it haha.

It's funny how all of Ford's stock photos of the Lariat FX4 are wrong though. The front lower part of the front bumper is body colored, NOT silver as shown in the pic. I was very pleased to see that mine is body color and not silver as shown in all the photos.

Protomeister

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - black/ebony with BAP
That's cool, my Ford sales guy could have used it haha..
Amen - I worked with two dealerships and both of them had no idea what the Black Appearance Package was. One told me that I must not know what I'm talking about. Oy. Finally met one young gun who knew the vehicle - because he had researched and ordered one himself.

Deleted member 1634

Amen - I worked with two dealerships and both of them had no idea what the Black Appearance Package was. One told me that I must not know what I'm talking about. Oy. Finally met one young gun who knew the vehicle - because he had researched and ordered one himself.
It's always annoying when the sales guy doesn't know the vehicle. I research for months, if not years, before buying something as expensive as a new vehicle. So you don't need to tell me I'm wrong when I ask for a specific package or option combination. I always remember Ron Swanson (from Parks and Rec) at the home improvement store when something like this comes up.

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
It's always annoying when the sales guy doesn't know the vehicle. I research for months, if not years, before buying something as expensive as a new vehicle. So you don't need to tell me I'm wrong when I ask for a specific package or option combination. I always remember Ron Swanson (from Parks and Rec) at the home improvement store when something like this comes up.

I have found this to be the truth every time I go to look at a vehicle I'm going to buy the salesperson doesn't know anything and I've researched everything I could find on it. The salesperson is just there to get you the key and tell you that you look good in it.

Last edited:

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have request one myself my dealer isn't ordering brochures any more.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
When you're checking the dealership inventory to see if they have what you want, none of them list whether they have the off-road package, sports package, tow package, etc. They just list the features individually, so it's hard to differentiate between vehicles to figure out what's missing from the list to know that the the full package isn't on a truck. I

f I want a 2019 blue Ford Ranger, Lariat, 4x4, with the off-road package, sports package, and tow package, how will I know by looking at a list of features they list. Yr, Color, make/model, trim, and driveline are easy.... not sure how I can differentiate without having to study the lists and do a process of elimination by rim size or something.

I get emails from the local dealer with a link to the inventory, but it doesn't list any packages on their trucks, just features. It's probably better if I viewed on my computer instead of my cell phone. I see chrome and figure it doesn't have the sports package. Body color bumper means it doesn't have the black/chrome/sport package since it's base for XLT and Lariat.

Sometimes the picture shows that a package isn't on the truck, but haven't figured out by looking at the list of features.
All of the dealer pages I've seen have a link to view the window sticker. Viewing the windows sticker is the easiest way I've found to really know what is on the truck.

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
All of the dealer pages I've seen have a link to view the window sticker. Viewing the windows sticker is the easiest way I've found to really know what is on the truck.
That ^^^

I personally build one out on Ford’s site exactly like I want, get the price, then search inventory. I only view the window stickers of the ones that are within a couple hundred dollars of what I built.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
When you're checking the dealership inventory to see if they have what you want, none of them list whether they have the off-road package, sports package, tow package, etc. They just list the features individually, so it's hard to differentiate between vehicles to figure out what's missing from the list to know that the the full package isn't on a truck. I

f I want a 2019 blue Ford Ranger, Lariat, 4x4, with the off-road package, sports package, and tow package, how will I know by looking at a list of features they list. Yr, Color, make/model, trim, and driveline are easy.... not sure how I can differentiate without having to study the lists and do a process of elimination by rim size or something.

I get emails from the local dealer with a link to the inventory, but it doesn't list any packages on their trucks, just features. It's probably better if I viewed on my computer instead of my cell phone. I see chrome and figure it doesn't have the sports package. Body color bumper means it doesn't have the black/chrome/sport package since it's base for XLT and Lariat.

Sometimes the picture shows that a package isn't on the truck, but haven't figured out by looking at the list of features.
The inventory tool on Ford's website can get specific to filter out exactly the options you want.

https://shop.ford.com/inventory/ranger/?gnav=vhpnav