2010 Ranger on Carmax (only 10k miles) $30,998

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
There seems to be a lot of interior pieces that show a lot of wear (steering wheel, seat stains, etc) for only 10k miles, but it could be true. Rare find.

Reactions: Doc

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Seems a bit high, but those little Rangers in nice shape do bring good money.
This is a pic of my previous 2009 Ranger. It was basically given to me by our little old neighbor who wife and I looked after. Her husband bought it new, but in 2014 went into a nursing home, and the truck sat for 4 years, and was started occasionally and serviced. Only had 22,000 miles on it.
Was a basic XL, 4 cyl, 2 wheel drive, auto and ac, long bed.
Had it for 3 years but was always just a "hobby truck". Doll'd it up a bit, but was basically stock, but not a scratch on it, and interior was factory fresh. Had 29,000 miles when traded. Was a "5th" vehicle, and traded it when we downsized to just wife's Outback and the new Ranger.. Dealer was astounded at the condition, and one of the salesman ended up with it.
Gray side panels were a vinyl wrap, and I made the side boards.
Got $18,000 for it in trade for the 2021.

20200918_102800.jpg

OP
OP
Hickesy

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
Seems a bit high, but those little Rangers in nice shape do bring good money.
This is a pic of my previous 2009 Ranger. It was basically given to me by our little old neighbor who wife and I looked after. Her husband bought it new, but in 2014 went into a nursing home, and the truck sat for 4 years, and was started occasionally and serviced. Only had 22,000 miles on it.
Was a basic XL, 4 cyl, 2 wheel drive, auto and ac, long bed.
Had it for 3 years but was always just a "hobby truck". Doll'd it up a bit, but was basically stock, but not a scratch on it, and interior was factory fresh. Had 29,000 miles when traded. Was a "5th" vehicle, and traded it when we downsized to just wife's Outback and the new Ranger.. Dealer was astounded at the condition, and one of the salesman ended up with it.
Gray side panels were a vinyl wrap, and I made the side boards.
Got $18,000 for it in trade for the 2021.

20200918_102800.jpg
Very cool. I love the old Rangers I just wouldn't pay 31k for one! But we still have the Mazda B Series which is similar sort of thing. Going to get some fancy new wheels for it if I ever get any money spare.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's insane! A fool and his money will soon be parted!

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
The used car value is out of control these days makes me want to sell...but then getting into another car is the issue.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Very cool. I love the old Rangers I just wouldn't pay 31k for one! But we still have the Mazda B Series which is similar sort of thing. Going to get some fancy new wheels for it if I ever get any money spare.
I miss my B-Series. 4cyl, 2wd stick shift. Bought for $2600, sold for $2000 about five years later and still regret selling it.

RedlyrsRevenge

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Carbonized Gray SuperCab STX FX4
Occupation
MH/FE Parts Salesman
There seems to be a lot of interior pieces that show a lot of wear (steering wheel, seat stains, etc) for only 10k miles, but it could be true. Rare find.
The previous owner just like to sit in and go BBBBRRRRR-ROOOOM. BEEP BEEP.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I miss my B-Series. 4cyl, 2wd stick shift. Bought for $2600, sold for $2000 about five years later and still regret selling it.
I also regret letting the 2009 go, but we had 4 vehicles and a motor home. Age catches up and maintaining all of them, which used to be a hobby/necessity, became a chore. That and the fact the little Ranger was used mostly for cruising and car shows/cruise-ins, was sitting most of the time. Down to just 2 vehicles and an incoming travel trailer...much easier on my old bod.
Sponsored