• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
Word on the street is the 2.7 is coming out as a Job 2 option. Not sure if that means a 2025 model year or not? This Ford Authority article is likely the source…. https://fordauthority.com/2024/05/2024-ford-ranger-production-adds-2-7l-v6-ecoboost-for-job-2/

I hope a Tremor package is another Job 2 option and while I’m making wishes, how about a SuperCrew/Longbed option too. 😊
Yes the 2.7 engine is a Job 2 option. The only other Job 2 changes is the availability of more tonneau covers. 2025 model year is pushed back, probably through the end of 2024 or very nearly then.

richman555

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Engineer
I put in an order for my 2.7 liter XLT at the Ford dealer yesterday. My job 2 wait begins!

On a side note, the dealer just got in a flashy velocity blue 2.3 liter which was the first 2024 Ranger I was able to see in the flesh. What stood out most to me was the side fenders which are curved and widened out. This really gives it a good looking stance and it's not quite as "boxy" as you would think. You can barely see this in online pictures.

Last edited:

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat on order.
Last edited:

1986YellowRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
I drove the 2.4 before ordering and did not notice much turbo lag like the Chev/GMC had - what do we know about the 2.7 as far as turbo lag ?
Bronco 2.7L has slightly less lag IMO, but I don’t think you would notice unless you drove them back to back. I drove both to compare the engines... The engine performance data suggests that there is a tiny bit less lag in the 2.7L since it achieves max HP and max torque at slightly lower RPMs, but this could just be me misinterpreting the data. Also, at 500 pounds lighter than the Bronco, I fully expect the 2.7L to be a different experience in the Ranger. It’s not going to need to rev up very much to move the lighter Ranger off the line or accelerate in traffic.

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager
I drove the 2.3 before ordering and did not notice much turbo lag like the Chev/GMC had - what do we know about the 2.7 as far as turbo lag ?
Speaking for everything else Ford has put the engine in, there is WAY less lag than the GM I4.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat on order.
Does anyone know if you can cancel an order if your truck with a 6/3 build date has already been assigned a VIN number ? Would like to order a 2.7

Last edited:

Sponsored

olefordguy

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Limited, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone know if you can cancel an order if your truck with a 6/3 build date has already has been assigned a VIN number ? Would like to order a 2.7
I sorta doubt you can change anything once a vin has been assigned. But who knows, check with your dealer.

BriSco

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 XLT 4x4 2.7L Cactus Gray. Ordered 4/30
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone know if you can cancel an order if your truck with a 6/3 build date has already been assigned a VIN number ? Would like to order a 2.7
My dealer said that they checked and were told No. I still have a build date of 6/3. Also another order in for the identical truck, except with a 2.7.
Sponsored