1999 Ford Ranger Transmission 4R44E: I Tried to fix it myself

Wrecked_99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
Hello I just joined the forum...I own a 99 Ranger 3.0 V6 with 285k miles..my reverse band went out in my transmission...so me being on a budget...I purchased a new one and took the transmission apart and put it back together...It’s back in my truck but still no reverse and when I go into drive it feels like it wants to accelerate but is underpowered and barley moves forward ... my only guesses are lack of fluid circulation, the reverse pin isn’t engaging, or something went wrong in my rebuild. Also I only have 8 1/2 quarts in the transmission and I poured half a quart in the torque converter prior till the installation.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wrecked_99

Wrecked_99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
Hello I just joined the forum...I own a 99 Ranger 3.0 V6 with 285k miles..my reverse band went out in my transmission...so me being on a budget...I purchased a new one and took the transmission apart and put it back together...It’s back in my truck but still no reverse and when I go into drive it feels like it wants to accelerate but is underpowered and barley moves forward ... my only guesses are lack of fluid circulation, the reverse pin isn’t engaging, or something went wrong in my rebuild. Also I only have 8 1/2 quarts in the transmission and I poured half a quart in the torque converter prior till the installation.
i just realized...This is for 5th gens....my bad I’m in the wrong place.....

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Stick around, maybe someone has an answer for you.
Sponsored