11 months old and I am still loving it / Wiper blade ???

Grussell

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat 4X4 Screw, 17 Escape Titanium
Occupation
retired fire fighter
After waiting a full 10 months (Mar 21 to Jan 22) from the time of order until hands on delivery, I have been loving my 4X4 Lariat Ranger since day one. I finally hit 10K miles which sent me back to the dealership for servicing and a check-up. Not a thing was found wrong or needing repair. I had them rotate the tires and changed the oil and filter over to the fully synthetic lubricant. This is my third Ranger (98/99/21) and it is just great.

I am scratching my head about relatively trivial issue. I decided I would change out my wiper blades, not because there was anything wrong with the factory installed blades, so I picked up a set of Rain-X brand blades. Interesting discovery, the driver is a 26" and the passenger is a 16", so my question is WHY? I have two 18" blades on my 99 Ranger, which is still running great with right at 100K miles. Just curious.

By the way, the 21 will be paid off in less then 4 months and I will immediately begin saving for the next one. My plan is to use the 21 as my daily driver until I retire (for the 2nd time) and then go get me another Ranger as a retirement gift to myself. The current Ranger will become my little hobby farm truck then.
Sponsored

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
Doesn't the length of the wiper arms had something to do with ensuring the area in front of the camera was kept clear?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
It all comes down to engineering. With the bigger windshields and the wiper arm combinations they're able to get better coverage overall with the two different sizes. It is a pain in the butt but it's what it is