First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
So roughly 6 months ownership and 10 grand on the meter.
Few thoughts on the ranger so far.
I like it, still some growing pains coming from an F150, mostly space and lack of decent arm rests. I don't go all crazy on my vehicles and name them or call them he or she. Its a tool for me that will be replaced in a few years.
Engine is "peppy", mileage is great! I get on regular gas 24-25 MPG per tank. I drive the speed limit and that's pretty much it, with one caveat I'll get to.
I do have that low speed shudder or miss which I need looked and and believe I've read there is a TSB.
I have a tremor and those side steps are going to go pretty soon. I just find them a PITA with no real use. Will replace with sliders soon. Also If I don't get out just right, my seat "clicks" near the outer edge. Not sure if that will be a long term issue.

Added a Diamond back SE "Smooth" cover. This is the caveat I mentioned, I believe it has helped with my mileage.
For what I'm doing, the Ranger is about perfect. I'd love to see future models get the manual transmission like the Bronco, I'd buy one in a second.
Biggest complaints are no damn trailer brake and no power slider rear window. My '13 F150 had both, and a '21 model truck does not.
Sponsored

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Downsizing is hard. I came from an f150 last October. I have almost 16k on mine and overall I am happy. Putting my arm out the window is a little odd, the window sill is extremely high. My 08 had like zero options and adding a brake controller is normal for me. Only issue is there is zero room to mount one. My big gripe is I prefer a column shifter. But it's growing on me.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
So roughly 6 months ownership and 10 grand on the meter.
Few thoughts on the ranger so far.
I like it, still some growing pains coming from an F150, mostly space and lack of decent arm rests. I don't go all crazy on my vehicles and name them or call them he or she. Its a tool for me that will be replaced in a few years.
Engine is "peppy", mileage is great! I get on regular gas 24-25 MPG per tank. I drive the speed limit and that's pretty much it, with one caveat I'll get to.
I do have that low speed shudder or miss which I need looked and and believe I've read there is a TSB.
I have a tremor and those side steps are going to go pretty soon. I just find them a PITA with no real use. Will replace with sliders soon. Also If I don't get out just right, my seat "clicks" near the outer edge. Not sure if that will be a long term issue.

Added a Diamond back SE "Smooth" cover. This is the caveat I mentioned, I believe it has helped with my mileage.
For what I'm doing, the Ranger is about perfect. I'd love to see future models get the manual transmission like the Bronco, I'd buy one in a second.
Biggest complaints are no damn trailer brake and no power slider rear window. My '13 F150 had both, and a '21 model truck does not.
I agree on the arm rests, it was the hardest thing for me to get used to. As for space in the Ranger, I too came from an F150. But it was a 1995 F150, so not much downsizing from that to a Ranger, except for in the bed.

Downsizing is hard. I came from an f150 last October. I have almost 16k on mine and overall I am happy. Putting my arm out the window is a little odd, the window sill is extremely high. My 08 had like zero options and adding a brake controller is normal for me. Only issue is there is zero room to mount one. My big gripe is I prefer a column shifter. But it's growing on me.
No room for a TBC? If you get the Redarc or the Ford OEM (which is Redarc with extra steps), it fits entirely behind the dash. Only the adjustment knob protrudes, and many people put it in the left 12V outlet. As for the shifter, I would be OK with a column shifter, or just a dial on the dash. I would have like the cup holders moved forward and a longer center arm rest.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I know they make the little one. Call me old school I always like the one I mounted at the bottom of my dash with the digital display. I need to get the redarc eventually. Luckily all the uhauls I rent have surge brakes.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I do like the Curt Spectrum brake controller I used on our Tremor. Liked it enough on the first vehicle I had it on to get a second one. Mounted under the dash on some sheet metal above the brake pedal area and routed the knob to the center console area where one might put their phone. Can take pics if interested.

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
I have a tremor

Also If I don't get out just right, my seat "clicks" near the outer edge. Not sure if that will be a long term issue.

How in the world are you in a tremor getting that gas mileage lol? I am in a roush with bigger set wheels (from stock Rangers, like you) and I barely get 16.5MPG on regular gasoline. Wow …

Arm rest is awful. Agreed.

The back window thing was told it will
Never be power as that option is F150 selling point ?

My seat also feels rocky .. not just in and out .. but seems like it isn’t fully bolted down. Odd .. I know.

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
15-1/2ish months of ownership and I just hit 10,000 miles this past weekend. I love almost everything about this truck. It does everything I need it to do and more. I am very happy to have my Ranger and at some point I hope to get into the 6G Ranger too. I dream of the 6G Raptor.

dano42

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Ranger Lariat Tremor, 2018 BMW X5
Occupation
Retired!
I came from from 35 years of full size trucks, my last one was a '20 F150 XLT FX4 SCAB; these trucks are small, but I wouldn't go back a to big truck. Only 3500 miles so far, but parking it and driving it is so much more enjoyable. I'm not sure how the OP is getting 24 mpg though.
Sponsored