1" Tremor level with my Bilstein 5100s

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
When I installed the 5100s I left the adjustment stock so I could theoretically preserve ride and keep suspension travel. I saw the 1" Tremor level was out and decided to give that a try to level a little, but not have the high in the front look that I see with a lot of 2.5" level kits. The install went great and using my home camber gauge and toe gauge I was able to get things where I wanted. My camber gauge only goes in .5 degree increments, so at first I had .5 degrees negative dialed in, but once the suspension settled I have 1 degree negative. Toe of course had to be readjusted, but I did not reset the camber as it drives very nicely this way. I have not had time to check the caster (which may cause me fits and have to start all over again). Like I said, it drives and handles very nicely now, better than when I bought it, and although the camber is noticeable, I might leave it alone. It kind of has that F150 Raptor look as they have a little more negative camber than a regular F150. What do you guys think? Anyone else running 1 degree negative? I plan to rotate my tires every 6K miles, so I really do not see it as being too much of an issue.
Sponsored

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
I would just get it aligned IMO. Anytime you mess with Front suspension its ideal to do this.

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Hi Matt. My 2020 FX4 with the Ford Fox 2" level appears to have some positive camber when I look at it from the front. Sure enough, I noticed this weekend that all 4 of my tires (4 rotations in 23k miles) appear to be wearing on the outside. I plan on getting it into the dealership to have the camber/alignment evaluated. Just wanted to let you know my tires were wearing unevenly with improper camber.

OP
OP
TORQUERULES

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Hi Matt. My 2020 FX4 with the Ford Fox 2" level appears to have some positive camber when I look at it from the front. Sure enough, I noticed this weekend that all 4 of my tires (4 rotations in 23k miles) appear to be wearing on the outside. I plan on getting it into the dealership to have the camber/alignment evaluated. Just wanted to let you know my tires were wearing unevenly with improper camber.
I've had quite a bit of experience with alignment changes and wear, so I know the pitfalls of all that. Yea, that much positive is insane. Hope you get it figured out.

Kind of just wanted to see what everyone's experience was with some negative camber. You know, handling, ride, etc. Thanks for the feedback!

XLT and me

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 xlt ranger 62 galaxie
Occupation
Truck driver
usually a very small amount of out of spec camber doesn't affect driveability much. But it will accelerate tire wear, and possibly wheel bearing wear. You will probably have to rotate tires more frequently also. I would just spend the $100 to get it aligned dead on, just because how expensive tires are, it will probably save you money in the long term. Do you have any side view pictures of your truck with the 1" lift? That is all I would like to lift mine with the Eibachs i have, (not installed yet)hard to find pictures of trucks that don't have a 2"+ level.

OP
OP
TORQUERULES

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
usually a very small amount of out of spec camber doesn't affect driveability much. But it will accelerate tire wear, and possibly wheel bearing wear. You will probably have to rotate tires more frequently also. I would just spend the $100 to get it aligned dead on, just because how expensive tires are, it will probably save you money in the long term. Do you have any side view pictures of your truck with the 1" lift? That is all I would like to lift mine with the Eibachs i have, (not installed yet)hard to find pictures of trucks that don't have a 2"+ level.
20220424_161624.jpg

OP
OP
TORQUERULES

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
After driving it more today I'm actually sitting at 0.5° negative and I think I'll leave that alone. It really handles and drives nice there.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
After driving it more today I'm actually sitting at 0.5° negative and I think I'll leave that alone. It really handles and drives nice there.
.5 should be no problem. Be sure the toe is correct.

OP
OP
TORQUERULES

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Just measured caster. Driver's side 3.5 degrees positive. Passenger slightly over 3.5 degrees positive.

XLT and me

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 xlt ranger 62 galaxie
Occupation
Truck driver
Looks great, thanks for the picture. I have not seen a hot pepper red super cab, really like that combo.

OP
OP
TORQUERULES

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Looks great, thanks for the picture. I have not seen a hot pepper red super cab, really like that combo.
Thanks! It is exactly how I would have ordered one. Glad I found it.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
I confused about the "Tremor one inch level"

You bought a spacer level kit designed for the Tremor?

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I run as close to zero camber as I can, I tend to edge wear the tires from hard cornering.

Negative camber does give a better cornering feel, but it tends to hunt on straight roads, especially if the road has rain grooves.
Sponsored