Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
“A former U.S. intelligence official recently revealed the Pentagon is sitting on “lots of reports” about what it officially calls unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP), better known as unidentified flying objects (UFOs).”

UAP/UFOs Popular Mechanics

Looks like some interesting details may be coming out about mysterious flying thingies.... do you believe they exist?
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
It's a humungous universe.... odds are good they're out there and they've been here.

We're an entertaining planet... like a 24/7/365 real time Three Stooges Series.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
i believe unidentified flying objects do exist

do i believe them to be from other solar system or planet with alien lifeforms flying them??? nope.
Agreeing with Ranger Pride, I think there have been many flying objects that are (were) unidentified.
I won't believe we are being visited by creatures from another world until I have been shown positive proof.
I have no idea how much I don’t know.
On the other hand, I also agree with Leftcoast.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
“A former U.S. intelligence official recently revealed the Pentagon is sitting on “lots of reports” about what it officially calls unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP), better known as unidentified flying objects (UFOs).”

UAP/UFOs Popular Mechanics

Looks like some interesting details may be coming out about mysterious flying thingies.... do you believe they exist?
Heck yes and I fly them!

Spaceship.jpg

Seriously though I do believe they're out there and there is life on other planets. It's way to big a universe for us to be the only life form out there. Do I think they've been here, well have you seen Terry @FoD & Al @Texasota lately ? :shock:

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I believe they are experimental secret aircraft. We may not be alone in the universe but I doubt we've had "vistors".

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
True story. When I was in the USN, my job was Radarman and blah blah. Well, coming home from Vietnam after last deployment, somewhere east of Guam in the middle of empty water, I have the last watch before midnight on the Air Traffic radar section.

Bridge calls back on squak box (you see the in the movies where they talk into a mounted speaker box) to ask if there is anything on bearing/ range showing. Nope,. They say lookout reports plane...

Don't see it, report to duty officer that I am going out to lookout to observe (CIC combat information center) is right behind bridge. Get out to lookout and have him point out what he's on about. Observe it as a brighter white light like full moon white, about the size of Jupiter in the night sky, moving horizontal to horizen, about 2 fingers above horizons edge. Distance guesstimate to be about 20 miles based on height and horizon estimate (water horizon is darker than night sky in the middle of no where, that's how you can tell horizon sometimes).

Anway, object is travelling from our right to left, neither getting closer nor further away. As we are watching it, it suddenly reversed course and heads upwards st a 45degree angle from its previous path and then within 2 seconds, disappears from sight. We watch the Area for few seconds, look at each other and shrug our shoulders and go back to duty work. True story

Truth is out there!

Metal Geezer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
UFOs? Of course. By definition they exist. Alien origin? Nope.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
True story. When I was in the USN, my job was Radarman and blah blah. Well, coming home from Vietnam after last deployment, somewhere east of Guam in the middle of empty water, I have the last watch before midnight on the Air Traffic radar section.

Bridge calls back on squak box (you see the in the movies where they talk into a mounted speaker box) to ask if there is anything on bearing/ range showing. Nope,. They say lookout reports plane...

Don't see it, report to duty officer that I am going out to lookout to observe (CIC combat information center) is right behind bridge. Get out to lookout and have him point out what he's on about. Observe it as a brighter white light like full moon white, about the size of Jupiter in the night sky, moving horizontal to horizen, about 2 fingers above horizons edge. Distance guesstimate to be about 20 miles based on height and horizon estimate (water horizon is darker than night sky in the middle of no where, that's how you can tell horizon sometimes).

Anway, object is travelling from our right to left, neither getting closer nor further away. As we are watching it, it suddenly reversed course and heads upwards st a 45degree angle from its previous path and then within 2 seconds, disappears from sight. We watch the Area for few seconds, look at each other and shrug our shoulders and go back to duty work. True story

Truth is out there!
Saw almost the same as a teenager, bright light moving from horizon to zenith in 10-15 seconds, so was either very low,(no sound) or very fast. When it reached the zenith it made a right angel turn without stopping or slowing, moving off to the south and disappearing in under a minute. I was totally into astronomy at the time and knew we didn't have anything that could come close to doing that..... things that make you go Hmmmmm.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
when i was a kid my grandfather owned a farm near dyess afb and one of the test ranges. i used to watch all sorts of aircraft go over. loved seeing those lancers come in hot and low. remember being able to feel them first, see them and then hear them lol. growing up in the closing stages of the cold war i knew those guys ripping over meant good things. sometimes i swear the pilots knew where i would be watching and would do some maneuvers to show off or say hello. tipping wings, sudden climbs, id wave and hop around once in a while they would circle and do it again. it was way better than a tv show or video game. in that area stories circled that during the 50's - 60's about ufos coming around checking out the ring of fire (atlas icbm sites). kinda scary. in those little towns you would hear the oldsters talk about it now in then, by the time i heard them they were repeats of same old coffee shop stories and all the atlas sites had long closed. im not old enough to know much about the rumors or ufos with lil green men circling texas... lol. maybe green lil guys are around, never seen em. tall grey ones, sure. who hasnt seen those.

Last edited:

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
They are there. Thousands, maybe millions of civilizations in varying stages of evolution, but they are so damn incredibly far away we will most likely never encounter them.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
since im bored at work.

according to Stephen Hawking, college professor, author of several books, cameo tv star and wheel chair aficionado,

“If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn’t turn out very well for the Native Americans.”
“I think it would be a disaster. The extraterrestrials would probably be far in advance of us. The history of advanced races meeting more primitive people on this planet is not very happy, and they were the same species. I think we should keep our heads low.”

I tend to agree with those quotes. Even if they seemed friendly I would be skeptical. I fear the greeks, even when they bring gifts.
I read most of his book, Universe. shows a few flaws in his understandings and approach to science and mathematics. His intelligence is far above my own in many ways but, anyone who claims to understand the universe with a grasp of science but is not willing to consider anything beyond his own understanding and beliefs needs to go back to a 101 course. One must consider all things and test, not immediately dismiss things as fairy tale that he has a prejudice towards. any sixth grade kid from a public school can tell you that scientist should be taking observations and notes on things they already know and forming those into a hypothesis and then test it with the scientific method to see how the hypothesis holds up. Hawking is an outspoken atheist and has publicly called all faiths myths and fairy tales. Free country, he can think and feel that all he wants. However, every single thing any and all humans have ever experienced that could or can be documented by observation was created by a process one can follow back. babies are born= sperm and egg must have made close friends, crops grow= they must have had water and light and even down til silly things. if a painting is on the wall someone must have painted it and someone framed it and placed it on the wall. even lunch ham sandwich exists since all the things in a process one could observe took place and i bought the fruits of that at the local market.
when i got them home after a long line of observable events = i put them together and a ham sammy exists. my ham sammy is an observable testable fact that can be repeated until the ingredients are no longer possible to obtain.
so for a person of his mental ability and long deep education to think that nothing happened in a place that did not and will never exist and then became something from nothing, seems kinda dumb to me. to deny a genesis or creation centered start is basically saying"nothing stayed in its state of nothing and nothing happened and some how nothing formed something. nothing +nothing = something lol again,a sixth grader would know better. Im not anti big bang. I think its a solid theory with a lot of facts supporting. but nothing cannot explode. it is a scientific impossibility. something or someone or whatever one wishes to call it must have put things in motion for something to be and do something. everything we observe as humans lead back to points of testable repeatable condition,except the universe. something already exists, therefore the original start from nothing is no longer possible and humans cannot change that. im sure in the future we will know more and more and reach farther and farther. but humans will never make universe from nothing. and that cat heard just got me past the worst hour of the work day. As for aliens sure they might exists. I just dont get how hawking and others he works with could think aliens are possible and not a creator figure of supremacy.

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
Do any of you want the Osbournes' I want to Believe? Last night they had the "stick men" walking video that were captured on home surveillance video. Some weird unexplainable stuff.

Last edited: