DRIVETRAIN (4x4 / 4x2)
4x4
PACKAGES
Fx4, Bed Utility Package, Trailer Tow Package
FACTORY OPTIONS
5" Running Boards - Black
MODS - POWERTRAIN / DRIVETRAIN
Injen PF9071WB Turbo Wrinkle Black PF Cold Air Intake;
Flowmaster FlowFX Cat-Back Exhaust System # 717909, wrapped stem to stern with 4"x 50' VViViD Black FiberGlass Exhaust Wrap;
MODS - SUSPENSION / CHASSIS
Completed @ Desert Rat Tucson on Palo Verde. BDS 3.5" UCA Lift Kit (3.5" Front w/ Spacers and UCA, 1" Shackle lift in rear w/ BDS Nx2 Shocks) and BDS Intrusion Beams. Installed BDS Low Profile Intrusion Beams / crash bars. Ford built the truck around the crash bars. It is a PITA to get them out. Getting shop to do this may cost $500 (mechanic $15 or $20 2 hrs labor, boss's rent, tool costs, utilities and boss's boat payment). I got mine off w/ a 5" angle grinder $130 @ Lowes. (https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-5-in-24-Volt-Max-Cordless-Angle-Grinder/1000093007) Mine came w/ weanie 2ah l-ion battery, ran down before I did. Looks like they no longer include the case, charger and battery so you would have to get them separate. Here is the 6ah battery I use - you will get tired before it runs out. (https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-24-Volt-Max-6-Amp-Hour-Lithium-Power-Tool-Battery/1000638895) and the hier watt charger so it will not take forever to charge (https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-24-Volt-Max-Power-Tool-Battery-Charger/1000604951). So $300, DIY, 2 hours. and you get to keep the tools!. Kind of a noisy process so plug your ears
MODS - LIFT HEIGHT
3" Lift
MODS - WHEELS / TIRES / BRAKES
Stock Wheels 17 x 8.0 Wheel (Offset = +55 mm - Back Space = 6.67" Inches)
Rugged Ridge 1.25” Wheel Spacers
Completed: 295/70 R17 TOYO Open Country R/T, including Bought another exact wheel and installed 5th tire on it for spare. Spare fits perfectly under the truck!. With lift Kit and BDS Intrusion Beams / Crash bars = ZERO rub scrub !
MODS - TIRE SIZE
33" Tires
MODS - EXTERIOR
AZ Legal Window Tint
MODS - INTERIOR
none
MODS - IN-CAR ELECTRONICS
BOSS AR2000M MONO AMP, driving Pioneer TS-W254R 10" Sub in 1.9 Ft3, Ported Box tuned to 30Hz
HISTORY, STORY, EXPERIENCE, COMMENTS
Love the truck thus far. Installed 3" FlowMaster Stainless Cat Back Exhaust myself, wrapping each piece w/ the fat fiberlgass wrap. Itchy Messy Job. The Pipes are quite touchable even right after hard drive.
Installed the Injen C/A Intake myself. Love to hear the Turbine Whine and the BlowOff Valve whoosh. On Interstate - pulls like a beast from 75mph. Gobs of torque. SUPER QUIET Cruise 65-85mph. ZERO DRONE (I suspect the fiberglass wrap actually softens the sound a bit as whatever resonance the pipes give off along the length is very blunted by the wrap.)
Strongly considering a catch can to help keep valves clean as plan to put 200k miles on this truck.
Only taken it on rough gravel / rock washed out road once. Scary Steep ups n Downs, bumps. Zero slip or slide. This with Stock Tires n Suspension. BDS Kit is installed ASAP, Tire upgrade to 295/70 R17 TOYO Open Country R/T (33.3 x 11.8. ) Looking forward to getting stuck far from help
( : o
Considering a Grill Guard
Considering a Front bumper / Winch Combo
Considering Mud Flaps (for protection against rocks)
Considering the 2020 FORD RANGER Performance CALIBRATION

Item information

Added by
seanellaz
Views
Comments
Last update

More in XLT

Share this item