A TURBO UPGRADE HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!

Deleted member 773

I have done the turbo upgrade on a couple 6.7 powerstrokes, same thing, stock housing, bored out with a different/bigger wheel. It’s pretty fun to have a bazillion ft/pounds of torque but you pick up a bunch of turbo lag and the power moves up higher, makes for more fun on the highway but less fun at slower speeds. Like @outdoorphotog, it would be interesting to know about the injectors. Certain throttle conditions with the 6.7 will result in a low fuel rail pressure code and put the truck in reduced power mode when you are running a bunch of boost.
Sponsored

BeardedBlunder1

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Terminal operator
Looking at the dyno sheet the turbo must run out of breath at 5200 rpm or so. Everything past that are gains for the upgraded compressor wheel. My question is do we have enough injector to handle more air at that RPM on E50. Im betting not.. Would need to upgrade the HPFP and then it would be beast mode.
I wouldn’t worry to much about injectors at these power ranges, we have the same CC injectors that the Focus RS has as well as the Eco boost mustang, and both vehicles are running way more boost and more HP than we are, and the RS has a bigger turbo

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
https://crpengineering.com/product/2019-2020-ford-ranger-2-3l-ecoboost-stage-3-54mm-upgrade-turbo/

Check it out guys!!! Turbo upgrade has finally been built by these guys!!! It uses the stock turbo frame so you can send your stock one to them they rebuild it n send it back to you!!!

Which means it also according to them will work with our afe charge pipes and any aftermarket turbo manifold that may be coming in the future!!! Hell yea

339hp and 304ft-lbs with turbo tune n exhaust... Damn!!
So would gain 69 hp but lose 6# of torque, and the cost would be? So Ford and the warranty wouldn't care?
Just sayin, maybe would be okay?
Wow , my little big man has plenty of get up and go now what would He do with this 69 more hp fly?
Hey everybody have fun doing whatever you want I am sure it will make us all feel good knowing each and everyone of us freedom loving Americans can and will ect..

1028190843a.jpg

Deleted member 773

So would gain 69 hp but lose 6# of torque, and the cost would be? So Ford and the warranty wouldn't care?
Just sayin, maybe would be okay?
Wow , my little big man has plenty of get up and go now what would He do with this 69 more hp fly?
Hey everybody have fun doing whatever you want I am sure it will make us all feel good knowing each and everyone of us freedom loving Americans can and will ect..

1028190843a.jpg
Their numbers with the turbo swap are rear wheel hp vs the ford specs which are crank hp. they are doing that with 33s.. so bigger tires too.

Even if it’s not your thing, gotta admit it’s cool how much power our engine can lay down.. those figures are comparable to a peppy small block v-8..

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Their numbers with the turbo swap are rear wheel hp vs the ford specs which are crank hp. they are doing that with 33s.. so bigger tires too.

Even if it’s not your thing, gotta admit it’s cool how much power our engine can lay down.. those figures are comparable to a peppy small block v-8..
So I have 245/70/17 30.8 or 31's to round it up,would increase the hp and torque beyond what the 33's give out then? Man that is curiouser and curiouser that these little stockers can do such a thing, I think the race car 4 bangers put out loads of hp too of course far beyond the 339 this kit puts but man o man.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Looks like a tune alone would get it for a truck. Only over 5,000rpm
Is a benefit of the turbo. Not a normal place for a truck. Tune should be under $1,000.

Kickin45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
None
Wonder what this will do in conjunction with a tune and other bolt on mods?

MyK9_8it

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
USMC Veteran, current Secret Squirrel
Well, I have one of these turbos sitting in my garage right now. Just haven't gotten around to putting it in yet. Also waiting on an intercooler for Levels Performance. I would like to do both at the same time. Maybe this weekend. Will let you guys know what it does. Oh, and if you want more HP, there are a lot of other things you can do before you get to the turbo. Exhaust is a big one and a down pipe. But if you do a down pipe, it will get loud. After three months I added a resonator to cut the noise a bit. The K&N filter is a good addition and a tune, such as 5Star. I also did the AFE charge pipes, but not sure how much that really does. Probably something greater than adding a sticker but less than the exhaust. The charge pipes do look good though.
Can't wait to see how the turbo turns out!
S/F

BJMartin

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2007 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Marketing Strategist
...and any aftermarket turbo manifold that may be coming in the future!!!...
How would that work? The exhaust manifold (turbo manifold?) is part of the head on these engines. It can not be replaced without replacing the head as well.

Kickin45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
None
Are there any pulley upgrades for the stock turbo yet? Just to give a few extra lbs of boost

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Are there any pulley upgrades for the stock turbo yet? Just to give a few extra lbs of boost
Hi K45,

Are you referring to a supercharger, which is engine driven? Turbo is purely exhaust driven...not aware of any pulleys in that system.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Kickin45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
None
Copy that. So this new turbo upgrade would be the equivalent to that?
Replacing compressor wheel?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Copy that. So this new turbo upgrade would be the equivalent to that?
Replacing compressor wheel?
Hi k45,

I guess something like that....the idea is to cram more air into the cylinder and adding fuel to create more power. Either Supercharger or Turbo is to get around the inherent volumetric inefficiency of the internal combustion engine.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
It would be cool if you could do the bi turbo set up, then you would have low end and high end boost variables. Not sure how much stock bottoms can handle. Reagardless you change anything in the A/R it will need a tune.
Sponsored