Windshield defect-Streak in glass

Tommy Oberon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-Max
Vehicle Showcase
Got my windshield replaced under warranty. It had a vertical streak right in the drivers view that could not be cleaned off. Also when looking at glass from the outside through drivers door window towards the passenger side, the glass was all wavy.

Also got my first door ding after only three months!!!!
Sponsored

MRanger1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I have the wavy glass in the driver's side window. It distorts vision and causes driver disorientation. I'm having difficulty getting Ford to replace it, as I assume it's not easy to see in a static picture. Everyone who looks at it can see it, though, including our Ford service department. Did you have any luck getting your window replaced?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Got my windshield replaced under warranty. It had a vertical streak right in the drivers view that could not be cleaned off. Also when looking at glass from the outside through drivers door window towards the passenger side, the glass was all wavy.

Also got my first door ding after only three months!!!!
Like this? Original windshield and only visible when being wiped in the rain...

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same problem on passenger side lower section. I can see it on an angle. Not streaks like above but more like a mirage coming off a hot road. Determining whether I want to complain about it. But my windshield or something still has some kind of leak that no one can find. So may make it an issue if I can catch another leak.

hawk43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I have distortion on passenger side from drivers seat...but it hasn't affected me driving and the wife hasn't noticed...It has to be the perfect situation for me to notice and I have about 5 times......We can get a free one a year no deductible so I'll wait for the rock to hit it...Its weird when I notice it but not affecting me otherwise...

Kellan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger, 2008 Mustang GT
My passenger window has a snowflake in it. Dealership is suppose to be replacing it when I get around to it.

FDA14421-7EBE-424C-9796-8294728B59CE.jpeg
Sponsored