finally...

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
The Eagle (or turkey, Heaven forbid) has landed...
This pic is what the dealer sent me of my build, they wanted me to pick it up today (Friday, Jan. 17) as 5 people (including a mechanic there) have inquired about it.
She's coming home tomorrow...
3120 (1).jpeg
EXCELLENT!!
You know what? I believe you might be the first Ranger5G forum member to get an FX2.
Can't wait to order mine. Looking at Feb 14th...... tick tock tick tock
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
EXCELLENT!!
You know what? I believe you might be the first Ranger5G forum member to get an FX2.
Can't wait to order mine. Looking at Feb 14th...... tick tock tick tock
I could very well be the first. Your 2020 is on order already, or will you be ordering it on the 14th?
If Ford has released your window sticker already post it here, if you care to share...

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
I could very well be the first. Your 2020 is on order already, or will you be ordering it on the 14th?
If Ford has released your window sticker already post it here, if you care to share...
I am placing my order on Feb 14th.
I'm counting on Presidents day sales to kick in.
My dealer will honor whatever deal comes up between the day I order and my delivery day.
Right now I have X-Plan and a coupon from Ford directly for $1,250 off.
There is also a $500 rebate good through 3-31. So that will apply as well.
Currently there is also an extra $500 off for X-Plan participants but that expires 1-31. Might be extended? who knows.
Praying for maybe trade assist? or some better rebates?

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My dealer will honor whatever deal comes up between the day I order and my delivery day.
Currently there is also an extra $500 off for X-Plan participants but that expires 1-31. Might be extended? who knows.
I went the X plan route also and also realized that there may have been zero incentives/rebates at the time of sale, that did not matter to me, I just wanted the truck.
As it turned out, lucky for me, there were 2 $500 incentives applied when I signed off on it last Saturday, it was icing on the cake.
Don't know where the salespeople found it, I certainly wasn't about to complain...lol. It's good that you are planning ahead for incentives and rebates, very wise shopping bro.
FYI, after your truck is actually produced it may take 4 weeks to reach the dealer in your location.
My 2020 was built on Nov. 25, loaded onto a train the day after and arrived in San Diego on Dec. 22, it had missed the cutoff loading date for a Pasha sailing which left CA on Dec. 24. Instead, it was loaded on the next shipment which departed SD on Jan. 8 and arrived HNL on the 13th.
Of course, this doesn't apply to your truck.
Today, Jan. 20 makes exactly 5 months since I placed the order last Aug. 20.
Keep us posted, I know exactly what you are going through...

PS: I lived with my Uncle in Gardena when I was in high school, was sent there for him to "tune me up" so to speak... yeah I did some stupid crap back then. :shock:

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went the X plan route also and also realized that there may have been zero incentives/rebates at the time of sale, that did not matter to me, I just wanted the truck.
As it turned out, lucky for me, there were 2 $500 incentives applied when I signed off on it last Saturday, it was icing on the cake.
Don't know where the salespeople found it, I certainly wasn't about to complain...lol. It's good that you are planning ahead for incentives and rebates, very wise shopping bro.
FYI, after your truck is actually produced it may take 4 weeks to reach the dealer in your location.
My 2020 was built on Nov. 25, loaded onto a train the day after and arrived in San Diego on Dec. 22, it had missed the cutoff loading date for a Pasha sailing which left CA on Dec. 24. Instead, it was loaded on the next shipment which departed SD on Jan. 8 and arrived HNL on the 13th.
Of course, this doesn't apply to your truck.
Today, Jan. 20 makes exactly 5 months since I placed the order last Aug. 20.
Keep us posted, I know exactly what you are going through...

PS: I lived with my Uncle in Gardena when I was in high school, was sent there for him to "tune me up" so to speak... yeah I did some stupid crap back then. :shock:
My dealer, Ron Smith at Autonation Ford in Torrance is saying for me to expect 6 to 8 weeks from my order date until delivery. That pretty much agrees with what most are saying it took them to get theirs.
This actually going to be my first ever new, ordered from the factory vehicle. Pretty excited.
It will be my 27th in a long history of owning used cars.
Some were very impressive and stand out in my memory.
Ones like my 1970 Ranchero 429, my pro street 1970 340 Duster and my current car, a 2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Those were my favorites.
I am betting this new Ranger ranks right up there with my all time favorites.

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My dealer, Ron Smith at Autonation Ford in Torrance is saying for me to expect 6 to 8 weeks from my order date until delivery. That pretty much agrees with what most are saying it took them to get theirs.
This actually going to be my first ever new, ordered from the factory vehicle. Pretty excited.
It will be my 27th in a long history of owning used cars.
Some were very impressive and stand out in my memory.
Ones like my 1970 Ranchero 429, my pro street 1970 340 Duster and my current car, a 2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Those were my favorites.
I am betting this new Ranger ranks right up there with my all time favorites.
My 2020 is my 4th. special ordered Ford p/u:
  • '81 F-150 4x4 Flareside
  • 86 F-150 4x4 Styleside
  • '00 Ranger 4x2 S/Cab
I used to work at a Lincoln-Mercury/Honda dealership here as a line mechanic for 14 years and prepped/worked on hundreds of new cars. I can honestly say that my 2020 is positively the best-assembled new Ford I've owned to date, no rattles or squeaks and all body panels fit, no misaligned gaps or unevenness between adjoining panels. Ditto for the interior, Ford has come a long, long way in how their switchgear feels and operates, gone is the lash and wobble they were so famous for in the sixties and seventies.

The truck is solid, planted and the 2.3 has more than enough power, it was well worth the wait and, IMO, worth every nickel I spent on it, mind you I've only owned it for 3 days so far.

BTW, impressive list of machinery you got, the 340 had a lot of potential going for it, almost as much as the 351C, but I'm a Ford guy.
I did toy with the idea of building a somewhat stock 460 for my '81, but that, like most dreams did not come true.

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2020 is my 4th. special ordered Ford p/u:
  • '81 F-150 4x4 Flareside
  • 86 F-150 4x4 Styleside
  • '00 Ranger 4x2 S/Cab
I used to work at a Lincoln-Mercury/Honda dealership here as a line mechanic for 14 years and prepped/worked on hundreds of new cars. I can honestly say that my 2020 is positively the best-assembled new Ford I've owned to date, no rattles or squeaks and all body panels fit, no misaligned gaps or unevenness between adjoining panels. Ditto for the interior, Ford has come a long, long way in how their switchgear feels and operates, gone is the lash and wobble they were so famous for in the sixties and seventies.

The truck is solid, planted and the 2.3 has more than enough power, it was well worth the wait and, IMO, worth every nickel I spent on it, mind you I've only owned it for 3 days so far.

BTW, impressive list of machinery you got, the 340 had a lot of potential going for it, almost as much as the 351C, but I'm a Ford guy.
I did toy with the idea of building a somewhat stock 460 for my '81, but that, like most dreams did not come true.

Thanks! Yeah that 340 was awesome stock but with lots of mods and lots of $$$ I got it down to 9.70 @135. Not bad for a small block right!?
The Ranchero was awesome too. Got her down into the upper 10's. She had a 4 speed manual and that clutch was so hard to press down. I doubt I could even drive it today. In traffic it was a nightmare!
Others in my list included 2 Toyota pickups, 1 was a 85, 4x4 and an 87 2wd srs.
I had 5 different Pintos, 2 wagons and 3 coupes (loved them all), 2 Mustang II's, an 85 Dodge pickup, numerous Corollas, Celicas, a mint 69 Dodge Dart, (Gave it to my sister), an 85 Ford Courier, 87 Chevy Luv. There is more too.
Thanks for reminding me of all of these cars/trucks
I can say I was pretty blessed in this life.

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks! Yeah that 340 was awesome stock but with lots of mods and lots of $$$ I got it down to 9.70 @135. Not bad for a small block right!?
The Ranchero was awesome too. Got her down into the upper 10's. She had a 4 speed manual and that clutch was so hard to press down. I doubt I could even drive it today. In traffic it was a nightmare!
Others in my list included 2 Toyota pickups, 1 was a 85, 4x4 and an 87 2wd srs.
I had 5 different Pintos, 2 wagons and 3 coupes (loved them all), 2 Mustang II's, an 85 Dodge pickup, numerous Corollas, Celicas, a mint 69 Dodge Dart, (Gave it to my sister), an 85 Ford Courier, 87 Chevy Luv. There is more too.
Thanks for reminding me of all of these cars/trucks
I can say I was pretty blessed in this life.
Speaking of small-blocks, my Dad bought a brand new '65 Mustang notchback with a 289 (225 hp version) with a close ratio 4 speed BW T-10, it had the "Rallye-Pak" too.

The car got handed down to me circa 1975 or so, in my last semester of junior auto tech college I overhauled it, with a real mild cam, it was bored out .030 over so was actually a 292 after that. I also ran an Eldelbrock intake and a garden variety Holley 600 on it, exhaust was bone stock duals.
I was able to clock 14.6-15.0 seconds with it, all with street tires and an open diff., turned some Chevy guys heads...

You've owned quite a bit of metal, you're gonna love your new Ranger, I sure do.

Edit: the '81 Flareside had a 351M in it, we used to call it the "351Mary", I've been told they make excellent boat anchors, it was a gutless POS.

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Enjoy the new truck it looks great - I was wondering if you got this weekend.

Regarding the transmission I believe it a learning transmission based on how you drive it. I know when I'm to work in grandpa mode it adapts and shifts accordingly. Then there are days that I dive it like I stole it and that transmission works so awesome, keeps the RPM's high before shifting.

Now time to head over and see some more pics.

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enjoy the new truck it looks great - I was wondering if you got this weekend.

Regarding the transmission I believe it a learning transmission based on how you drive it. I know when I'm to work in grandpa mode it adapts and shifts accordingly. Then there are days that I dive it like I stole it and that transmission works so awesome, keeps the RPM's high before shifting.

Now time to head over and see some more pics.
Picked it up on Saturday John, the dealership wanted me to take delivery the day before because 5 people (including a mechanic there) were inquiring if it was for sale.

Thanks for the kind remarks!
:like:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure unless you have a "special" rebate, the only rebates that would apply at delivery are the ones in effect at the time of delivery (not at the time of order). So, if you took delivery after 3/31 that $500 rebate would not apply, unless Ford extended it. When I bought mine, I got the XPlan price, a "special" $750 rebate for early orders which was all I was expecting, but when I took delivery, there was another $1500 rebate active, so I saved another $1500. All said and done, I saved about $4,000 off MSRP on mine, which I thought was pretty good for when I purchased it.

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm pretty sure unless you have a "special" rebate, the only rebates that would apply at delivery are the ones in effect at the time of delivery (not at the time of order). So, if you took delivery after 3/31 that $500 rebate would not apply, unless Ford extended it. When I bought mine, I got the XPlan price, a "special" $750 rebate for early orders which was all I was expecting, but when I took delivery, there was another $1500 rebate active, so I saved another $1500. All said and done, I saved about $4,000 off MSRP on mine, which I thought was pretty good for when I purchased it.
That is what I thought to but my dealer has told me any rebate or incentive between order date and delivery date will be honored.
They make a big deal about. I'm sure it will be ok.
I also have the option of starting my contract before truck arrives.
Believe me I will be all over this! I'll get it in writing on order day

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That is what I thought to but my dealer has told me any rebate or incentive between order date and delivery date will be honored.
They make a big deal about. I'm sure it will be ok.
I also have the option of starting my contract before truck arrives.
Believe me I will be all over this! I'll get it in writing on order day
My dealer said also that the only applicable rebates/incentives that qualify for the purchase are those in effect at delivery, matter of fact it was spelled out on the purchase agreement .
That's fabulous that the dealer will apply such deals within the time period you stated.
I'm sure you've read the X-Plan program rules, I made the dealer state on this same agreement that they were NOT to add options, services, equipment etc. to the truck at the local level. The only additional dealer fee I was going to pay for was $100 for documentation services, the conditions of the program allow for this reasonable charge.
Curious about the option of starting your contract before the truck arrives, what exactly does that entail?

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curious about the option of starting your contract before the truck arrives, what exactly does that entail?
To answer your question I refering to buying it before it arrives, sight unseen. Don't believe I will have to go that route but I will if necessary.

I just called Ron, my salesman to clarify as this post was getting me nervous.
I have a special rebate direct from Ford for $1250. There is currently a $500 dollar rebate which expires 3-31. Both of these he says they can "protect"
Meaning they will be valid or at the very least they will honor them on delivery.
Only exception is if the $500 dollar rebate gets upgraded. Then I lose that 500 in lieu of a greater amount whatever that might be.
Meaning if they drop the $500 and add a $1000 or $1500 rebate I would get that instead.
If there are no rebates I'll still get the $500 that expires on March 31st and my special $1250 rebate I got from Ford directly.
He also said if they offer trade assist that will be honored as well.
Both of these offers are compatible with X-Plan.
Got my fingers and toes crossed. Praying all goes smoothly.
Sponsored