John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I could be wrong, but it has always been my experience that you have to get warranty repairs done by the dealer who sold you the vehicle. Other dealers simply refuse to get involved. I don't know why and it certainly doesn't make any sense. But that's what typically happens to me.
I do believe that when a dealership performs warranty work that the automaker pays them for the work they do - so dealers like warranty work for the money.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
This is a great thread to contribute to. I'm not impressed with assisted braking so far and frankly don't think the current system actually does anything significant. Good thing I consider myself 'old school' and watch for things/people moving in front of me - I'm now waiting for my Ford dealer to get in a replacement lower radar since my Ranger Lariat decided after a month of ownership (1200 miles) to randomly sound the alarm I was about to hit something... starting at 7:30 AM on the Interstate on a Sunday morning (not a car in sight) and now often as cars in front of me pull away when stoplights turn green but never as I approach. I asked the dealership to check the alignment since there was nothing blocking the sensor, they can't resolve so now I wait. Additionally the front outboard sensors just do what they want. Dealer said it was because they were dirty, and then that there was a bulletin that water can get in to affect them. I'm in southern Florida for crying out loud. Those replacements are on order too.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This is a great thread to contribute to. I'm not impressed with assisted braking so far and frankly don't think the current system actually does anything significant. Good thing I consider myself 'old school' and watch for things/people moving in front of me - I'm now waiting for my Ford dealer to get in a replacement lower radar since my Ranger Lariat decided after a month of ownership (1200 miles) to randomly sound the alarm I was about to hit something... starting at 7:30 AM on the Interstate on a Sunday morning (not a car in sight) and now often as cars in front of me pull away when stoplights turn green but never as I approach. I asked the dealership to check the alignment since there was nothing blocking the sensor, they can't resolve so now I wait. Additionally the front outboard sensors just do what they want. Dealer said it was because they were dirty, and then that there was a bulletin that water can get in to affect them. I'm in southern Florida for crying out loud. Those replacements are on order too.
Hi John,

Check the electrical connector behind the left headlight...very hard to access...It may be the issue that the connector is not properly seated...Several folks, including me had this problem and when you hear the connector click...all is well. Good luck!

Best,
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Hi John,

Check the electrical connector behind the left headlight...very hard to access...It may be the issue that the connector is not properly seated...Several folks, including me had this problem and when you hear the connector click...all is well. Good luck!

Best,
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Honestly if you are right when I'm able to check this then this forum will prove superior to the dealership.

Noseoil

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger / 2013 Honda Civic / Red Rocket mini bike (zoom!)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Take a look at him online & see what you think about his other posting stuff. I would hate to use the "T" word, but... "Hi kevarmy79, My sincere apologies for the problems. Please contact me at..."

There seems to be a pattern here, somewhat negative reviews, which is how this guy gets his kicks online.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Life is funny that way. Or as a wise man once said: Life is like a box of chocolates...... β€œ
Women are like strassenbahnen, there are plenty more in the sea.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I could be wrong, but it has always been my experience that you have to get warranty repairs done by the dealer who sold you the vehicle. Other dealers simply refuse to get involved. I don't know why and it certainly doesn't make any sense. But that's what typically happens to me.
Should not be that way unless it is a extended warranty that is not manufacturers warranty.
With Manufacturers you can go to any certified dealer.
Some extended warranties by insurance companies can have weird things in them. Dealers like to sell these.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
whatever you do, dont google kevarmy79....trust me....the first one that came up I had to click on it. my eyes cannot unsee the trauma.

For now, I shall assume its the same guy, like how many kevarmy79's could there be???
I made the same mistake this morning.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat, β€˜23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
OMG! WWWhhhaaat?

IdahoRanger