Goodbye Ford. We're gonna miss ya!

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase

RangerB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat in Saber
Occupation
I do things for people who need me to do them.
Vehicle Showcase
Ummm... a Ford?

Fox shocks, fender flare to bumper placement, fuel door placement and shape, oh yeah, and the Raptor rims sort of indicate a Raptor.

Unless Ram or Toyota are building then these days...:facepalm:

OP
OP
The Long Ranger

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
I
Ummm... a Ford?

Fox shocks, fender flare to bumper placement, fuel door placement and shape, oh yeah, and the Raptor rims sort of indicate a Raptor.

Unless Ram or Toyota are building then these days...:facepalm:
Yeah you're right. I thought it was a Tacoma at first. Anyway, it's a goner without a bailout, according to this article.

RangerB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat in Saber
Occupation
I do things for people who need me to do them.
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, just thought I’d throw some friendly flak your way for the miss, there.

We’ll see. Things have changed, but Ford was the only US automaker who didn’t need a bailout last time.

DMK45

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 crew cab
Yeah, just thought I’d throw some friendly flak your way for the miss, there.

We’ll see. Things have changed, but Ford was the only US automaker who didn’t need a bailout last time.
Well stated . Ford is #2 automaker in sales in NA . #1 in truck sales every yr. Gm a close 2nd . RAM closing in on GM.. bringing the Dakota midsize back! Then you have the really subpar foreign trucks save the taco ..but 99% of us on here arent big taco truck fans . We wanted better so we bought a new Ranger!

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
These guys that say a recession and a market correction are coming will eventually be right, kinda of like a broken clock, correct twice a day. We have been hearing this economy gloom and doom for a long time, meanwhile my retirement plan keeps enjoying the roller coaster ride with mostly uphill stretches, that is why I was able to retire at age 62. Ford is doing the right things with innovation, looking to the future and creating partnerships so they are ready for what the customer will demand. In the last recession, I think Ford stock got down to around 2 bucks, no government bailout and look at them now. Ford is only looking up.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I think one key difference with Ford is that the Ford family still has a controlling interest in the company - it changes the dynamic of a normal public company - I think it allows them to focus on long term things which Wall Street generally frowns upon since it affects short term profits. Personally, I think that is how it should be - I think investors have WAY too much say in how a company is run - but that is a different topic.

I think Ford will still be around in 20 years - I'm not worried.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
CCN, whoever that is, is preaching Ford's funeral. At least they could have used a Ford for the headline photo! Anybody want to guess what that truck actually is? https://www.ccn.com/next-recession-can-bankrupt-ford-motor-company/
LOL! This situation will only occur if the Dems take the Senate and/or White House this November. There's NO Chance of a Recession under Trump and Oil Prices will NOT spike because we are now Energy Independent because of Natural gas made available by Fracking, a SAFE and Proven process!

OP
OP
The Long Ranger

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of what shows up on Google 'news' makes me think I'm reading "The Onion"! At least they didn't quote Ranger5g.com as a source! That would've lent credence to it. :wink:

DMK45

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 crew cab
I think one key difference with Ford is that the Ford family still has a controlling interest in the company - it changes the dynamic of a normal public company - I think it allows them to focus on long term things which Wall Street generally frowns upon since it affects short term profits. Personally, I think that is how it should be - I think investors have WAY too much say in how a company is run - but that is a different topic.

I think Ford will still be around in 20 years - I'm not worried.
Absolutely true! Only 2 family controlled automakers in all the world. Ford Motor is one an BMW is the other! Ford Motor will be around another 120yrs ...i think its 120 now or close. Dont worry bout it. One off the wall article with lil if any merit. Speculation at its finest . Oh an Ford never took any bailouts of any kind as I believe the article stated! Shows ya how much this writer knows or doesnt know should say. Keep Ford Truckin bros! All my family will buy new are Ford trucks & SUVs. They buy alot too.

I Truck Naked

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Jaguar / Land Rover Senior Technician
Sweet clickbait article.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Well stated . Ford is #2 automaker in sales in NA . #1 in truck sales every yr. Gm a close 2nd . RAM closing in on GM.. bringing the Dakota midsize back! Then you have the really subpar foreign trucks save the taco ..but 99% of us on here arent big taco truck fans . We wanted better so we bought a new Ranger!
Roger that on the Taco,
I prefer to own and drive a vehicle which has enough power to get out of it's own way and one that does not have a seating position that makes you wonder if your behind is on a seat at all!

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Doesn't look as crazy now: 1.7 billion loss in a quarter.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ford-reports-17-billion-quarterly-loss-2020-02-04

I mean they are losing money in a booming economy right now.

What worries me for Ford is not a recession but it is if gas goes higher.
One of the reason GM got caught last recession with its pants down. GM was saying all everyone wants is trucks and SUV's. Sound familiar? It was true till gas hit 4 to 5 dollars plus. I do not see gas doing that for a while.

To many misstep's lately, they are blaming this on the Explorer launch.
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...ford-earnings-fourth-quarter-2019/4626722002/

It isn't just the Explorer.

I think Ford needs someone else running the company
Ford Focus fiasco that is still costing them.
Late to the subcompact SUV market and then launch the Ecosport.
Late to to the midsized truck market:
Ford needs someone who is better at seeing the future and trends.

Lot of respect for Ford not taking money last recession.

Last edited:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
It's mostly the explorer--it was supposed to be a major profit center and they couldn't manage to deliver it. If they fix that and manage to release the bronco without drama then it was a fluke. If they bungle the bronco also then they're screwed.
Sponsored