Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
One guy here had an issue.

And fuel in oil? Come one.

The service manager at the chevy dealer near me said he seen 40% failure rate in trannies on truck he has sold. This has been goin on for years.

What percent of ranger owners have a tranny issue .5%? .05%? And your source is an internet site? Is it ford.com?
Or another legit and respected site? If not, who cares?

You are making much more out of the issue than it is. Not sure why.
Hi Tod,

Ford did have or has a flash for specific build range of units. My take on this was that the flash went from a standard expected transmission shift quality to incredible silky smooth shifting... This transmission, the creation of which was led by Kevin Norris of Transmission Division, who was part of my offroad engineering Team is a "work of art" IMO!

Best,
Phil Schike
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retire
Sponsored

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Tod,

Ford did have or has a flash for specific build range of units. My take on this was that the flash went from a standard expected transmission shift quality to incredible silky smooth shifting... This transmission, the creation of which was led by Kevin Norris of Transmission Division, who was part of my offroad engineering Team is a "work of art" IMO!

Best,
Phil Schike
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retire
Hey Phil.

I agree...I replied to this guy that the problem was resolved with a software update.

I know one guy here has a possible drive shaft issue, but that is not a common problem.

I am not sure why this guy is trying to make it sound like Ford has this ongoing tranny issue.

Trying to compare Ranger tranny issues to the GM issue is like comparing apples to bowling balls.

On a side note, i appreciate the time you take to treat us all with your knowledge and experience with the ranger and inner workings at Ford.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Nah, its just plain underwhelming to the world...we hardly count as the world. I don't recall ever seeing a TV add for a twin(i'm sure they are out there) but I've seen a metric shit ton of Ranger adds :shrug:....they tend to highlight off roading and Hot Pepper Red is in one too..... and its not really a new truck(which hurts it imo)

They had to give them away to barely beat the twins for one quarter as well and GM lots were suffering horribly for inventory because of the strike. I've had mine for three weeks tomorrow...right now I do like the Ranger better but there are several things its not better at.. I've driven the Canyon for three years so I do have good reference points...

I also don't get caught up in sales numbers generally. The biggest reason is it has nothing to do with how good the truck or car is and it never has...

I'm happy with my decision for now..:thumbsup: Its still a truck and cost way to much for what is is...but that is everywhere now...We've all been brainwashed to think 40k is the new 20k...o_O
And you conveniently disregard the huge discounts the colorado had most of the year.

The fact the Ranger did so well w/o similair diacounts is anything but underwhelming.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
One guy here had an issue.

And fuel in oil? Come one.

The service manager at the chevy dealer near me said he seen 40% failure rate in trannies on truck he has sold. This has been goin on for years.

What percent of ranger owners have a tranny issue .5%? .05%? And your source is an internet site? Is it ford.com?
Or another legit and respected site? If not, who cares?

You are making much more out of the issue than it is. Not sure why.

I am not making a big deal out of anything..
Everyone keeps making a big deal about of the Colorado like you because Iliked my Colorado..
I never said it was a tranny issue it might be but all the post have been in the transmission thread.
I said it was never confirmed and Phil had said might be the driveshaft.
My point is there are issues with all vehicles Ranger is no exception.

Source is this site which made its way to Ford authority and others.

fuel in the oil..

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/fuel-in-oil.4803/page-7#post-99075

Last edited:

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I don't recall ever seeing a commercial on TV here in the Atlanta area. Like some of the others on the forum, I almost forgot that Ford started making the Ranger again, since so few are on the road around here.
Same here (I'm also in the Atlanta area) and agree about not seeing Ranger and forgetting they were even around.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I am not making a big deal out of anything..
Everyone keeps making a big deal about of the Colorado like you because Iliked my Colorado..
I never said it was a tranny issue it might be but all the post have been in the transmission thread.
I said it was never confirmed and Phil had said might be the driveshaft.
My point is there are issues with all vehicles Ranger is no exception.

Source is this site which made its way to Ford authority and others.

fuel in the oil..

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/fuel-in-oil.4803/page-7#post-99075
Again. One guy.

Comapted to how many tend of thousands with bad GM tranny?

Again, you are making isolated problems on the same level as 100k people with a bad tranny.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I am shocked at how rich truck buyers are.
At entry level the Ranger has no competition... none.
At full dress the differences begin to fade.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Again. One guy.

Comapted to how many tend of thousands with bad GM tranny?

Again, you are making isolated problems on the same level as 100k people with a bad tranny.
Putting words in my mouth never said it was tranny.

I do not care why do you care so much?. I feel like I am on Tacoma world right now.
Just because I liked my Colorado..
Fanboys can not let stuff go... No one can like any other vehicle.
Worse than politics.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab

I do not care why do you care so much?. I feel like I am on Tacoma world right now.
Worse than politics.
It's not that you liked your Colorado, it's that you can't shut up about how you think there are nothing but problems, which are mostly bs.

Last edited:

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I'm glad to see Ford Ranger on the up swing and taking over from GM - still not happy they took a bail out that they never paid back.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
It's not that you liked your Colorado, it's that you can't shut up about how you think there are nothing but problems, which are mostly bs.
Not to mention using "fanboy". That means nothing to add

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase

Worse than politics.
Dont care what vehicle you like or dont like.
I care about you making up problems amd spreading fabrications.
And YOU brought up the tranny not me.

hawk43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
And you conveniently disregard the huge discounts the colorado had most of the year.

The fact the Ranger did so well w/o similair diacounts is anything but underwhelming.

I shopped for four months and I was getting spam from GM all year...they never heavily discounted the twins....all year.

A brand new shiny toy and it won one quarter...barely. perfect description of underwhelming.

I even wrote to them and complained there was not even a loyalty discount....In fact they "offered" 1500 if you had a GM product leased and 1500 if you didn't....:shrug: That was the fourth quarter..

hawk43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Personally I'm glad to see Ford Ranger on the up swing and taking over from GM - still not happy they took a bail out that they never paid back.

Technically GM paid back all the bailout money...before 2013. Ford on the other hand still owes uncle Sam 5.9 billion it borrowed "quietly" in 2009...

Lots of fake news out there...or so the internet says...

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed! I hadn't seen a Ranger commercial until the same one started popping up on Hulu last week. Now I see it about once a day, and it's a pretty good commercial. It has facts and features about the Ranger, not just about the "experience". But prior to that, I can't imagine any way that the average person had any idea that the Ranger existed again.
I don't know if this is just a local thing, but my local Delaware Ford dealer does not seem to be promoting the Ranger at all. I drive by their lot almost every day, as it is on my way to and from work, and they are all about the F-150s and especially the Raptors. You really have to look hard passing the lot to find a Ranger out back. Sure, they make more money selling the 150, but this is not helping the Ranger launch year at all....
Sponsored