First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I’m curious what operating system is behind Sync. I wouldn’t mind a chance to hack at it.
Sponsored

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

I spent the $40 to get the Map upgrade for Sync 3.3 since my free download crapped out... Well so did the Ford provided one....Arrrrrrrg! I hate Sync!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Same here, Phil. The freebie always showed an error or something.

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport supercrew
Waited another day (in a month of days) for our Tonneau cover.
Sigh.

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
That's like the one I got back in July but I had to clip the corners. One of the best mods as it makes the console useful now.
They now have the cut outs and it was a little tight at first but after a few times it worked fine and no catching.

hawk43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Do you think the bedrug tailgate cover could hold up to repeatedly loading and unloading a riding mower? And how hard do you think it would be to clean grass clippings and dirt off of? Think it could handle an automated car wash? Lol I've been waiting to buy one because of the abuse I have planned for it.

I think it will last a very long time if its a clean entry onto the tailgate....Its light weight and looks good but sharpness or abrasive will not be very good for it...Otherwise its great for normal regular use and its easy on and off...(tires rolling on and off would be no problem) Its is a fiber type face(think very good out door carpet) with a light weight rubber type backing. I opted for the rubber bed mat simply because it works so good and easy to clean...The bedrug would work in the bed as well for 99% of the uses...

good luck

edit for to me it looks like it would be very easy to keep clean...

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport supercrew
What's the holdup?
I'm trying to believe ... Supposedly the person who was to order it took some "personal" time off (I wonder why they would only, it seems, have one person that can do this). Says she thought she had ordered it to be delivered before she left, but redid the order yesterday. FedEx tracking showed it was slated to be delivered today, yet this evening that changed to "pending". So, I don't really know what the holdup is.
I guess I expected to at least hear what was happening along the way. So, beyond just the time, I have had to be the one to keep asking what is happening, and not getting much response along the way. Then it looked like it was coming today, but didn't. It is starting to feel like the classic "they got my money, now they don't have as much interest in what happens" kind of thing. So, I guess I'll wait some more.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, but that’s not the operating system. It’s probably windows embedded.
I doubt it. That was the earlier sync. I'm guessing it is some sort of linux OS.