First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Will do. By the way, I really envy you getting to live in Hawaii. That used to be one of my regular destinations and when I would first begin to see the islands come into sight, my heart always jumped for joy at the beauty!
Many Hawaii residents, myself included sometimes take for granted the beauty of the islands until we leave here.
Matter of fact, I was on a flight from Oakland, CA to Honolulu in October, onboard the flight there was a group of 6 Army National Guardsmen based in Hawaii returning home from deployment, all of them wept when they saw Diamond Head come into view. All the passengers stood up and gave these fine people a round of applause, it was awesome...
Sponsored

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
Just out of curiosity, what are the destination charges for a vehicle shipped to Hawaii?

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just out of curiosity, what are the destination charges for a vehicle shipped to Hawaii?
Same as anyone else, in the case with my Ranger, it's $1,195.00 that Ford charges, makes no difference whether it travels 5 or 5K miles from Michigan Assembly to the selling dealer.

Pasha, the shipping lines in which my 2020 was contracted by Ford to ship from San Diego, CA to Honolulu charges $1500 alone for this one-way voyage if I were to personally book with them. Factor in rail shipping from Wayne, MI to San Diego also and you'll see that the 1.2K that Ford charges is a downright bargain.

An unscrupulous Chevy dealer here tried to capitalize on this with my nephew last summer by attempting to charge an additional 2K for "destination fee" listed on their "Phoney Monroney" for a 2019 Silverado.
When I asked the salesperson for a bill of lading to substantiate this fee you could almost hear his reverse audio beeper...lol

Nephew bought an F-150 instead, my sister don't raise no dummies.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
This calls for a Luau. Nice! Congratulations!

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lol, perhaps some sort of celebration is in order, a lu'au may be a wee bit overkill.
So glad you spelled "lu'au" correctly, if you were to remove the ending 'u', you'd come up with "lua"
Lua, literally translated is toilet, commode , latrine etc.
When I briefly worked in the hospitality business in Waikiki several years ago I would sometimes hear tourists exclaim "Guess what, we're going to a "lua" tonight!", thinking to myself "perhaps not tonight, but yes eventually you will need to go to the "lua"...lol
:ontheloo:

P.S. Mahalo for the kind words...

07XLT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger XLT 2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
So glad your wait is finally over

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
You KNOW that we'll be expecting pictures (with gorgeous scenery in the background) now? Pressure's on!

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
And welcome to the supercab group. We may be small, but we are mighty.
And probably better looking than those 4 door sedan truckers too!:D:dance:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
And probably better looking than those 4 door sedan truckers too!:D:dance:
I have to admit, I like the proportions of the supercab better, but I really like having a full back seat - if they offered a crew cab with a 6' bed, that would be PERFECT for me. I've used the back seat quite a few times since I bought it. Couldn't do that with my old supercab. (2005).

Jeff, I'm anxiously awaiting photos of your new truck!

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
I have to admit, I like the proportions of the supercab better, but I really like having a full back seat - if they offered a crew cab with a 6' bed, that would be PERFECT for me. I've used the back seat quite a few times since I bought it. Couldn't do that with my old supercab. (2005).

Jeff, I'm anxiously awaiting photos of your new truck!
The 4 door trucks are fine. If I were hauling passengers mine would be a 4 door. I was talking about us owners being better looking!:cool::crackup:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You KNOW that we'll be expecting pictures (with gorgeous scenery in the background) now? Pressure's on!
He won't be back for days. He's driving around the island right now with a huge smile on his face. :D

But yes...WE WANT PICTURES lol

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aloha all,

Picked up my 2020 from the dealer today, the salesperson and I spent almost 2 hours going over its features and such. The actual sales transaction went smooth as silk, no rude surprises at all, the F&I guy could not match Flood Ford's extended warranty prices. The truck is solid, no rattles or squeaks whatsoever and the 2.3 hauls ass, there is, however, a slight driveline shudder when accelerating from a stop. I also will need to get used to the 10 speed or do something about its settings, it upshifts too quickly. Will post pics as soon as the weather clears up, it's raining now.

Yeah, I know "no show=no go" guys (and gals)

Once again all, a heartfelt Mahalo!
:thumbsup: