Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

From my retiree newsletter... Move to Bronco Forum???

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co Retired
Sponsored

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Ranger Supercab with shortened bed as a test mule!

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
OP
OP
P. A. Schilke

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ranger Supercab with shortened bed as a test mule!
Hi Chasvs,

Could be...but by this time if a spring intro, Ford should have pre production pulls from the production sheetmetal stamping dies. In this day where prototypes are scarce as hen's teeth, they may have given Marketing a mule for this teaser..

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Chasvs,

Could be...but by this time if a spring intro, Ford should have pre production pulls from the production sheetmetal stamping dies. In this day where prototypes are scarce as hen's teeth, they may have given Marketing a mule for this teaser..

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Will be interesting to see what they come out with. Could be even a bigger hit than the Ranger!

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Trying to get my wife on board for one to replace her Explorer, but she's not hearing it yet.
My wife is already on board!! She made the comment when I bought the Ranger (the Bronco rumors were floating around) that she wanted to buy a Bronco for herself as soon as the Ranger is paid off. Especially if they look like the square body renderings that have been teasing us. She drives a '13 F-150 S/Crew.

rojizostang

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger xlt 4x4 sport, 2017 Ford Explorer limited, 2013 Ford F150 RCSB Roush tvs supercharged
I hope they're doing something different with the bed. It looks like it doesn't belong on that vehicle in the video.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Just an SUV Ranger so not a lot of development needed I would think. Frame, suspension and drivetrain a Ranger. Just develop new hood and body past rear doors of a crew cab. Should be a good option. Ranger is fun to drive so Wife can now have hers. A good tow vehicle also.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
Well, would you trade in your Ranger for this? I love my Ranger, but I would be very tempted. IMO, it is a much better looking truck than the Gladiator.

Ford_Bronco_pickup-_CROP-1.jpg

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Well, would you trade in your Ranger for this? I love my Ranger, but I would be very tempted. IMO, it is a much better looking truck than the Gladiator.

Ford_Bronco_pickup-_CROP-1.jpg
Interesting - I've not seen that render before. I do agree it is better looking than the Gladiator but it still isn't my cup of tea - I prefer the looks of the Ranger to either of them.

OP
OP
P. A. Schilke

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You mean something like this?
Hi J

Yep...likely prototype sheet metal on this unit. Should not be much longer before the directive to drop the Camo is issued and the true bodies will start to show in "spy pictures".

Back Story:

This is the Windstar program. I was doing NVH testing and had to have the Camo removed. One of the B&K very expensive microphones crapped out....So I thought I would just blast across from the Dearborn Proving Grounds to my office across the street to get a new mic head...should be minimal risk, right?...time the traffic light....fly across Oakwood Blvd.and home safe, eh? Got caught on some photographer's camera... Boy did I catch hell for that...Ass chewing was rather unpleasant. The pix made the Automotive mags with my mug clearly behind the steering wheel...Ouch!...never again...Fortunately, this was only weeks before the drop the Camo order was issued or I would have likely been shown the door....Huge mistake on my part....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
Just an SUV Ranger so not a lot of development needed I would think. Frame, suspension and drivetrain a Ranger. Just develop new hood and body past rear doors of a crew cab. Should be a good option. Ranger is fun to drive so Wife can now have hers. A good tow vehicle also.
As I understand it, the frame will remain unchanged but a tophat change is necessary in order to fit that 2.7l.

RangerUp556

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat, 2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Bronco should hit the market just at the same time the wife will probably need to replace her Wrangler. Going to try and talk her into it!
Sponsored