Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Physician
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_20190327_111246.jpg
This is mine, totally worth waiting 6 months for:like:
Can you use this to lock your keys in your truck? Or does the keyless entry part of the key not let it happen? I used to do this with my old explorer and escape that had the keypads. It was wonderful to not have to carry my keys everywhere.
Sponsored

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
I leave my keys in my truck all the time. Keypads the original and running great, almost been an year since it was built.

Dropper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion, F350 soon to be ranger owner
Thanks for the advice on this forum. Bought through ford accessories site and paid the 9.99 install fee up front and had it shipped to dealer.

My Excursion and F350 have this was so stoked to get this for the Ranger. Gonna mount in the fuel.door.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Bought through ford accessories site and paid the 9.99 install fee up front and had it shipped to dealer.
I also ordered the keypad from my dealer's part department sometime last September, it arrived there just before Christmas.
Meanwhile, another forum member mentioned the installation fee, for my location, it's $12.00, what a bargain! I'm gonna go the same route as you and attach it myself to the inside of the fuel fill door.
Have you received your pad yet? If so, exactly what did your install fee of $9.99 entail? Did this fee cover the cost of programming the pad to your truck?

Thanks!

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Mine keypad just failed at 6 months,dealer had one in stock.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Factory install and it wasnt one of the ones that failed within a couple of days. Bret
My original order for my 2020 included this option, till I found out it's a stick-on pad.
I canceled that because I knew the factory was gonna mount it on the left front door, so I ordered one from my dealer as an accessory.
I plan on mounting it inside of the fuel filler door.

Dropper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion, F350 soon to be ranger owner
At first my dealership was not gonna honor the 9.99 installation. They said that was for putting it physically on the truck and wanted $135 to program it. I said well return it then and then they changed their tune and did it for 9.99.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
At first my dealership was not gonna honor the 9.99 installation. They said that was for putting it physically on the truck and wanted $135 to program it. I said well return it then and then they changed their tune and did it for 9.99.
Glad that they came clean and did it for the quoted price.
Contacted Ford's customer relations about this, their response was that I should take the issue up with my dealer's parts department, talk about passing the buck!
My reply to Ford was that the accessory website is managed by FoMoCo is it not, and should not they be responsible for the 411 presented there?
Spoke with the parts manager yesterday about this, he promised me he'd look into it and get back to me, I'll call him Monday because he hasn't responded yet. He did state, however, that he thinks the $12.00 is for physically attaching the pad to the truck only, and does not include programming.
I told him that I could train a somewhat intelligent circus monkey to do the same for free...hell, if I wanted to I could stick it on my forehead for free also, lol.
Will keep you posted.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I am 90% sure that these instructions would work for programming, but mine was factory and I have not tested this.

Attachments

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I am 90% sure that these instructions would work for programming, but mine was factory and I have not tested this.
I had assumed that it required the "Type C" programming, which requires the Ford IDS software, but this sheet indicates it might be possible to program using Type A or B which only require the existing keys and fobs. Would love to see if this works for anyone. It wouldn't be too hard to test if you purchase one.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I had assumed that it required the "Type C" programming, which requires the Ford IDS software, but this sheet indicates it might be possible to program using Type A or B which only require the existing keys and fobs. Would love to see if this works for anyone. It wouldn't be too hard to test if you purchase one.
Thanks!
I'll "give it a go" as they say in jolly England...

Dan Kobler

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT SuperCrew 302A 4x4
Mine failed about a month ago. Just brought it into the dealer today and they said they are backordered. Hopefully the newer ones battery lasts more than 9 months.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I spoke with the service manager when I picked up my tailgate dampener the other day, she told me that programming must be done via the type "C" method, the other types will not work. Another employee in sales there wanted to do the exact same as me, mount the pad to the inside of the fuel filler door on a Ranger he had bought for his son. She said that she personally attempted the procedures in types A&B and the that the vehicle would not recognize the pad, using the IDS program is the only way for it to be programmed.
As it turns out, I had worked with her sister some years ago when I worked at a dealership, so I don't think that she would lie to me. She even offered me the company's employee rate for programming the device, which coupled with the price of that pad, does not warrant my very occasional use for the device.
The parts department did cut me a conventional steel key just for unlocking the door for a paltry $15, I'll store this key in a HitchSafe vault (as other members had suggested) of which I ordered online last night.
Thus ends my saga of the wireless keyless entry pad...time to move on.
Sponsored