One Touch Open/ Close Window Module Interest Thread

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Don't we want the left hand drive module here in the states? Why would you order Right Drive ?
Yeah, I meant it the other way around; I’ve updated my post to reflect it accurately.
Sponsored

Trevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
Order one on 12/23 showed up today, seller Trac Electronics had great customer service via email and obviously quick shipping. It is totally plug and play. Did not not come with any instructions, but pretty self explanatory.

Installation was an hour or so ( took a bit to feed the mirror control wires through the factory door conduit), but works flawlessly. Auto down and up on all windows ( but only from the drivers door control, bummer there). Lock the doors and windows go up, mirrors fold in.

RC Mustang, appreciate your efforts with this mod.

Sorta cool
Do the windows going up and the folding of the mirrors only happen when using the remote? I use the handle the majority of the time and wasn't sure if the functions still are the same when using that instead of the fob.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Pete
Did you order from their website or eBay?

Peterzo

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew XLT 3.5 lift
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I ordered it directly from them. Tired of the 3rd party sellers on Ebay and Amazon.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on the Trac Electronics version. I like the plug and play aspect, and its more cost effective than buying 2 separate modules. As Pete suggested to me in a PM, I plan to use wire pull lube to get the mirror connectors thru the door boot.

We probably need to start another thread to make it clear which is which. Anybody who has already installed the Trac version want to start it with a summary of the install process and impressions.

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve got one for sale in “Member Marketplace”.

I purchased it here in RCMUSTANG’s group buy. It’s new and never installed. Thanks.

EDIT: SOLD

Last edited:

DentonB

First Name
Denton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2019 Ram 4x4 Cummins), 2015 Audi A3 convertible
I have had this module installed for sometime and just noticed something odd about it. When the rear window switch is locked, the front controls for the rear windows no longer operate the window but the back switches still do.

couldn’t figure out how my dog kept rolling the window down.

LRB45

First Name
LONNY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER
Vehicle Showcase
So I installed this module a few weeks back and everything was working fine until yesterday. Now when you one touch auto up the driver window it goes all the way up but then immediately rolls back down to 1/2 open.
When you get out and lock the truck the window rolls up and stays up as expected. It's only the driver side doing it

Wondering if I'm alone in this issue.

EDIT: Well I popped he fuse to power cycle and it seems to have resolved the issue. Not sure why I didn't do that before?:facepalm:

Last edited:

Dallas09m3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Super Crew
So I installed this module a few weeks back and everything was working fine until yesterday. Now when you one touch auto up the driver window it goes all the way up but then immediately rolls back down to 1/2 open.
When you get out and lock the truck the window rolls up and stays up as expected. It's only the driver side doing it

Wondering if I'm alone in this issue.

EDIT: Well I popped he fuse to power cycle and it seems to have resolved the issue. Not sure why I didn't do that before?:facepalm:
I’m glad a reboot fixed it for you. Thanks for sharing the information. I’m sure it will be useful for others.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
How much?

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
I have had this module installed for sometime and just noticed something odd about it. When the rear window switch is locked, the front controls for the rear windows no longer operate the window but the back switches still do.

couldn’t figure out how my dog kept rolling the window down.
Also, I just experienced that with the windows locked, when the truck stops (auto s/s) and upon restarting, the left rear window goes down by itself.

I'm going to try what you described before I contact the manufacturer for troubleshooting. Maybe I can get a resolution for both issues.

Edit: just checked their website...
Screenshot_20200505-215158_Chrome.jpg

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
I am ordering the Trac Electronics one as I type this. It's 179 AUD and according to google it will be 129.25 USD. Hope it all goes well and I get it as fast as some of you guys. I have been wanting the feature to roll my windows up and down with the remote for a while. I ordered the Auto Window & Mirror Module Suits left hand drive Ford Ranger Lariat.

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
Just got Trac-Electonics module installed this afternoon. I love the fact that I can now roll my windows up with the Ford pass app.

Jdm4292

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Golf R
Which unit do you blokes recommend and is the group buy still a thing?
Sponsored