First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Here's a better picture the FR/Fox Offroad Kit installed. Was considering a 1-inch lift in the rear with block or an add-a-leaf, but I really like the look as is. FYI: 39" from ground to top of fender arc on both front and rear - Perfect.
Also - experienced a slight rubbing of the front tires against the inside molded flange of the air diverter in front of the front wheels when backing up at full lock. Will do the required trimming tomorrow. Very happy with the swap.

Lifted 1.jpg
What are your wheel and tire specs?
Sponsored

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Do the instructions included talk about how to adjust the sensors and headlights?

dallas121469

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sonographer
According to the dealer that installed mine the sensors are not adjustable. I like that they are not adjustable because before my Fox install they alarmed on every curb, parking block and large rock in my driveway. The alarms are much quieter now and I'm at peace again.

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
According to the dealer that installed mine the sensors are not adjustable. I like that they are not adjustable because before my Fox install they alarmed on every curb, parking block and large rock in my driveway. The alarms are much quieter now and I'm at peace again.
How is your adaptive cruise control after the lift? I drive for 9 hours at a time on highways and need it working! Did you recalibrate the odometer?

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
How is your adaptive cruise control after the lift? I drive for 9 hours at a time on highways and need it working! Did you recalibrate the odometer?
no fox kit here, but i'm running icons and the adaptive cruise works great after lift, no recalibration. I use it on the highway a lot

Mike

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
no fox kit here, but i'm running icons and the adaptive cruise works great after lift, no recalibration. I use it on the highway a lot

Mike
Thx Mike. Recalibrate the odometer?

pbb_photo

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pbbphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4, Technology, Tow, 6ft Bed
Occupation
Photographer

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the instructions via ford for install:
https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/FORDINSTSHTM-18000-R.PDF

They show u how to align headlights. Sensors don’t need to be readjusted. They are sensors, alert you when they get close to something. When your bumper is higher up it won’t hit as much stuff, and should be the reason to get a lift.
Thanks for the instructions. Sensors questions more about the adaptive cruise control. I drive 699 miles at a time in I70 or I80. Need that functioning correctly

pbb_photo

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pbbphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4, Technology, Tow, 6ft Bed
Occupation
Photographer
Thanks for the instructions. Sensors questions more about the adaptive cruise control. I drive 699 miles at a time in I70 or I80. Need that functioning correctly
Gotcha. I don’t see a situation where the lift would make a difference for the adaptive cc. And they wouldn't slap their Ford performance on there if it did. Though with that many highway miles, I would prefer to have stock height and rake. Better gas mileage for sure lower to the ground. But you may have a unique need. The fox kit so far for me has been awesome for what I need. My real test will be the numerous brutal washboards Utah has when getting to pretty awesome scenery and locations. I think if I keep it light on the truck the 2.0 should continue to rip!

Viator092

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BMW 440i, 15 VW Golf TDI, 19 Ford Ranger Lariat
Here in Louisville I’ve called four dealerships. One says they can’t order them, two say they can’t find the part number (so can’t order) and one says they can order and install. $700 for installation and alignment. Crazy how clueless these shops are. The press release said head to your Ford dealer. Poorly executed.

Last edited:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Here in Louisville I’ve called four dealerships. One says they can’t order them, two say they can’t find the part number (so can’t order) and one says they can order and install. $700 for installation and alignment. Crazy how clueless these shops are. The press release said head to your Ford dealer. Poorly executed.
Funny, I called one dealership here in Delaware and another in Pennsylvania, and they both told me the same thing, which was to order and pay at their parts department, which I did at my Delaware dealer, which did the installation once the kit arrived. I am very happy with the results—so keep on trying! It seems like some dealers just don’t keep up with what Ford is doing, for whatever reason....

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Jeff, I am still on the fence about the Fox kit. I am also in Louisville and my thoughts are to order the kit, probably from Levitown Ford where it is cheaper and have it installed locally in order to keep my warrantee good. Can I ask what dealer quoted you 700 dollars? I usually deal with BC but I am not always thrilled with their service department.
Sponsored