Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
We moved here after 15 years of San Diego and another 15 or 16 a Las Vegas. I've traveled to many states lived in a few. Born and raised in New Jersey the toxic state. Left as soon as I could never to return. San Diego was nice until it went all blue so I left there and went to Las Vegas and it too is turning blue. South Carolina will never be blue government will never be in our everyday lives. I absolutely love it here. Mild weather the beach super low taxes what's not to like
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to SC been here 20 yrs from Ohio. Never going back
Hi Ron,

You know the story of Toledo Ohio? Michigan and Ohio went to war over Toledo....And Ohio lost....:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
We moved here after 15 years of San Diego and another 15 or 16 a Las Vegas. I've traveled to many states lived in a few. Born and raised in New Jersey the toxic state. Left as soon as I could never to return. San Diego was nice until it went all blue so I left there and went to Las Vegas and it too is turning blue. South Carolina will never be blue government will never be in our everyday lives. I absolutely love it here. Mild weather the beach super low taxes what's not to like
NC is pretty nice too...come up sometime:)

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
NC is pretty nice too...come up sometime:)
North Carolina is beautiful but I'm afraid it's going too Blue politically. Lots of Northerners moving down and bringing their politics with them instead of realizing that their politics is why they're leaving to begin with.

Many look at South Carolina as a "Hillbilly" state which is fine with me. My brother lives an Indian Land a suburb of Charlotte. It's nice there as well. When I retired I looked at two different states to retire. Both considered welfare states. Arkansas in South Carolina.

Las Vegas is getting way too big. I lived there for 18 years and San Diego before that. I just wanted to live in a state where the government doesn't have its hand in your pocket for everything you do. I'm hearing my birth state NJ collects $10 to go on the beach!!!!! Like I said you can't do much without paying those huge property taxes and every other thing. Can you imagine paying over $1,000 a month for taxes on a 2000 square foot home in Clifton.?

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
North Carolina is beautiful but I'm afraid it's going too Blue politically. Lots of Northerners moving down and bringing their politics with them instead of realizing that their politics is why they're leaving to begin with.

Many look at South Carolina as a "Hillbilly" state which is fine with me. My brother lives an Indian Land a suburb of Charlotte. It's nice there as well. When I retired I looked at two different states to retire. Both considered welfare states. Arkansas in South Carolina.

Las Vegas is getting way too big. I lived there for 18 years and San Diego before that. I just wanted to live in a state where the government doesn't have its hand in your pocket for everything you do. I'm hearing my birth state NJ collects $10 to go on the beach!!!!! Like I said you can't do much without paying those huge property taxes and every other thing. Can you imagine paying over $1,000 a month for taxes on a 2000 square foot home in Clifton.?
Actually $1085 tax a month and rising for 2300 sq ft home. SC is much cheaper in a lot of things. Along with no winter weather. We love it here.
The only issue I have is I can't get good Italian food and no real Italian deli's and bakeries or Diners like up north.:crying:
So I stock up on my visits back to NJ. :)

Last edited:

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Actually $1085 tax a month and rising for 2300 sq ft home. SC is much cheaper in a lot of things.Along with no winter weather. We love it here.The only issue I have is I can't get good Italian food and no real Italian deli's like up north.:crying:
Yeah man,good Italian food,pizza and hoagies in Jersey. Very high wages there too but the property taxes eat it up. Nice beaches but too many people and traffic there. Bret

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah man,good Italian food,pizza and hoagies in Jersey. Very high wages there too but the property taxes eat it up. Nice beaches but too many people and traffic there. Bret
It's everything. Dem Governor is giving everything away with entitlements and the people of the state will pay dearly.
It's going to get worse as NJ is one state of about 4 or 5 where many people and some businesses are moving out which is crippling the state budgets even more.
I wish I could have moved years earlier.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Top states folks are fleeing

1. New Jersey
  2. Illinois
  3. New York
  4. Connecticut
  5. Kansas
  6. Ohio
  7. California
  8. Michigan
  9. North Dakota
  10. Iowa
The states people are moving to
Idaho topped the list of states seeing the most inbound moves. After all, the state has a thriving economy, with a burgeoning tech industry gaining ground in its capital of Boise. That's attracting younger workers and those with families to support.

Plus, it's become a more affordable, slower-paced alternative to California—which is particularly appealing to retirees from Western states who don't want to move too far from their family and friends.

The median home list price in Idaho is $359,950—more than a third less than California's median price of $575,050. So retirees can sell their Golden State homes for a bundle, buy an Idaho home for a fraction of that price, and use the leftover money to beef up their nest eggs. The moving company also saw a lot of folks from Colorado, where the median home price was $475,000, head to Idaho.

"We’re seeing baby boomers moving south, and millennials are moving to the south and the Mountain West, specifically Washington and Oregon," says Cummings. “People are moving to states with a lower cost of living, a temperate climate, and jobs.”

Top destinations

1. Idaho
  2. Oregon
  3. Arizona
  4. South Carolina
  5. Washington
  6. Washington, DC
  7. Florida
  8. South Dakota
  9. North Carolina
  10. New Mexico

DMK45

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 crew cab

1. New Jersey
  2. Illinois
  3. New York
  4. Connecticut
  5. Kansas
  6. Ohio
  7. California
  8. Michigan
  9. North Dakota
  10. Iowa
Idaho topped the list of states seeing the most inbound moves. After all, the state has a thriving economy, with a burgeoning tech industry gaining ground in its capital of Boise. That's attracting younger workers and those with families to support.

Plus, it's become a more affordable, slower-paced alternative to California—which is particularly appealing to retirees from Western states who don't want to move too far from their family and friends.

The median home list price in Idaho is $359,950—more than a third less than California's median price of $575,050. So retirees can sell their Golden State homes for a bundle, buy an Idaho home for a fraction of that price, and use the leftover money to beef up their nest eggs. The moving company also saw a lot of folks from Colorado, where the median home price was $475,000, head to Idaho.

"We’re seeing baby boomers moving south, and millennials are moving to the south and the Mountain West, specifically Washington and Oregon," says Cummings. “People are moving to states with a lower cost of living, a temperate climate, and jobs.”

Top destinations

1. Idaho
  2. Oregon
  3. Arizona
  4. South Carolina
  5. Washington
  6. Washington, DC
  7. Florida
  8. South Dakota
  9. North Carolina
  10. New Mexico
I'm plenty good in great states of Michigan or Ohio thankyou very much! They building like crazy up here in both states (commercial & residential) & population in each state stands around 12mil. Big states! I lived in SE Virginia 15yrs & got out. That state is going to the dogs. High cost of living/ low pay scales in few industry they have. South Carolina made the list cause its CHEAP TO LIVE THERE ONLY basically! Not to offend anyone here. There arent many good payin jobs at all & the crime & poverty Is VERY bad. Every state has its issues folks. I can live in NW Ohio ..have great paying job (tons big companies along w/ auto industry manufacturers like Ford , GM , Honda here in a big way) & enjoy great cost of living/quality of life . Nice midwest values & conservative ways proliferate. Michigan has probably more large companies to work for! All paying very well & plenty nice places to live country/vast suburbs/big city ..ur choice!! Downside w/ MI is cost of living Vs Ohio. Much higher in Michigan overall. MI has best recreation tho anywhere I've lived in my life. Thousands of lakes/ tons state parks/ Camping/ ORV parks /natural sand dunes/car clubs & collectors! Rich history as well. Cant live or die by these internet surveys ..they are basic recommendations at beat if that. God bless!

rangerdanger19

First Name
Addison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport SuperCab (301a), 2017 Ford Fusion Sport (401a + Driver's Assist), 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, 1988 Merkur Scorpio
Occupation
Account Manager

Kemo Sabe

First Name
Kemo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Welcome to “MY” great Palmetto State! I was born 20 minutes from Caesar’s Head, live 15 minutes away and am a fun loving, gun loving, Native, Red Voting Carolinian! We have 52 in our family of four siblings., and love one another, thank God!
So, welcome to our world. Just don’t vote to make it another place like where you came from. ?
If you ever come through Cleveland, SC, on Hwy 11, look at the Sunoco Station rocking chairs. I might be there, if my black XLT Super Cab is there!
Used to be some good bootleg stories of those mountains nearby.
Take care, “Yankee”! ?
Kemo Sabe Larry
PS
How do you like these crystal water mountain lakes?

Kemo Sabe

First Name
Kemo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger

1. New Jersey
  2. Illinois
  3. New York
  4. Connecticut
  5. Kansas
  6. Ohio
  7. California
  8. Michigan
  9. North Dakota
  10. Iowa

Top destinations

1. Idaho
  2. Oregon
  3. Arizona
  4. South Carolina
  5. Washington
  6. Washington, DC
  7. Florida
  8. South Dakota
  9. North Carolina
  10. New Mexico
They’re not moving to SC, they are flooding SC!! Just hope they know what we have and don’t make us a town like they fled.
Sponsored