Manny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know where I can buy these running boards: AMP Research 76136-01A PowerStep Electric Running Boards Plug N Play System for 2019 Ford Ranger, Supercrew/Supercab.
The AMP Research website has them listed but it says Sold Out. Not sure they ever had them, there seems to be many sites offereing parts for the Ranger and they never seem to deliver on the promise.
Sponsored

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
I take this as a sign they are coming.
Do not think any sold yet.
Just keep checking. That is the option.

Yes, slow as Christmas.

dguffin

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Corsair, 19 Ranger, 12 Boss, 08 Zuma
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
They can be preordered now.

OP
OP

Manny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m done with the pre-order bull$£!+. We preorder and then they take 6 months to release or never do and then some other manufacturer beats them to it.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Stage 3 stated in production. In production for me on this small item means ship by end of the month. Agree on pre order. I have waited 3 months for just Black Friday sale items. Not even a new item.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
So, no one else notice anything on AMP Research page for Ranger?????

Anyone else think the directions a little vague? Would like more details on wiring

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
So, no one else notice anything on AMP Research page for Ranger?????

Anyone else think the directions a little vague? Would like more details on wiring
Bad time of year for outside install. My luck we will have cold weather now.

dguffin

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Corsair, 19 Ranger, 12 Boss, 08 Zuma
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
Instructions seem like there needs to be more detail. When mine show up at dealer I'll probably be calling them about some of the instructions.

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had these on previous trucks? How do they hold up over time/weather? Any feedback appreciated.

TexasTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CC
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had these on previous trucks? How do they hold up over time/weather? Any feedback appreciated.
I installed them within a month after purchasing a 2008 F250 CC, 2014 Jeep JKU and a 2017 Ram 1500 CC. Here in Central Texas we don't get the weather you fellas get further north, but mine have had zero problems. AMP Research does make a POWERSTEP XTreme which they claim is for more challenging environments (sub-zero winters, mud caked rockers, etc).

TexasTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CC
Vehicle Showcase
I emailed AMP Research last Friday and their response is inline with other posts above.

"The Power Step application for the new Ford Ranger vehicles is part number 76136-01A. This will go into production towards the end of the month, and should become available at dealers within the first two weeks of February."

I'm not a fan of the Ford factory steps in general. I think they are too high under the rocker panel to properly step up on and sit my behind in the seat, but I also don't like steps that hang down below the rocker either - so powersteps give be both. Embarrassingly, I can't tell you how many times I've stepped up and banged the top of my head on the roof getting in.... maybe if I was taller ;-)

FWIW, there is another company called Aries that makes a powered running board. Here's a link: https://www.ariesautomotive.com/all-products/2019/ford/ranger/

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I installed them within a month after purchasing a 2008 F250 CC, 2014 Jeep JKU and a 2017 Ram 1500 CC. Here in Central Texas we don't get the weather you fellas get further north, but mine have had zero problems. AMP Research does make a POWERSTEP XTreme which they claim is for more challenging environments (sub-zero winters, mud caked rockers, etc).

Thanks for the insight. I was thinking about how they would hold up in winter mess and ice.

TexasTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CC
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the insight. I was thinking about how they would hold up in winter mess and ice.
Yeah, I guess I didn't answer your real question, sorry. AMP power steps have been a round a while. I have to believe they have taken the extremes into account or they have warrantee nightmares :) Hope someone else can chime in.....

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
I emailed AMP Research last Friday and their response is inline with other posts above.

"The Power Step application for the new Ford Ranger vehicles is part number 76136-01A. This will go into production towards the end of the month, and should become available at dealers within the first two weeks of February."

I'm not a fan of the Ford factory steps in general. I think they are too high under the rocker panel to properly step up on and sit my behind in the seat, but I also don't like steps that hang down below the rocker either - so powersteps give be both. Embarrassingly, I can't tell you how many times I've stepped up and banged the top of my head on the roof getting in.... maybe if I was taller ;-)

FWIW, there is another company called Aries that makes a powered running board. Here's a link: https://www.ariesautomotive.com/all-products/2019/ford/ranger/
Only thing on the Aries is the 4” tall box that is mounted to hold the lower step.

On the AMP, they started accepting orders Thursday night. Ship in 4 weeks so manufacturing just starting. Ordered mine.

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
Only thing on the Aries is the 4” tall box that is mounted to hold the lower step.

On the AMP, they started accepting orders Thursday night. Ship in 4 weeks so manufacturing just starting. Ordered mine.
I reviewed the directions and when I saw the requirement to drill through the floor, it shut me down. I have used AMP research power steps on my past trucks, so this is a disappointment.
Sponsored