First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
On my wife’s HPP mustang,There is an additional charge on there for $2390.00 for lifetime warranty. (I have 100.000 mile power train warranty from ford) I called the dealer today and they said oh don’t worry it just goes on the payoff, I said I want it off now...they said “just come in and sign a document and we will take it off” They said it was the same as my previously bought Ranger.. bull$hit..I told them to pull it up and it said I denied the extended warranty...I’m going there tomorrow to have a conversation...
Regards and pissed
Doc
Sponsored

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
On my wife’s HPP mustang,There is an additional charge on there for $2390.00 for lifetime warranty. (I have 100.000 mile power train warranty from ford) I called the dealer today and they said oh don’t worry it just goes on the payoff, I said I want it off now...they said “just come in and sign a document and we will take it off” They said it was the same as my previously bought Ranger.. bull$hit..I told them to pull it up and it said I denied the extended warranty...I’m going there tomorrow to have a conversation...
Regards and pissed
Doc
You should be pissed. Warranties are a big money maker for dealerships, and you have to wonder how many get slipped past buyers who aren't paying attention with all the excitement of buying a new car.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Regards and pissed
Doc
Wow, you've got every right to be pissed, I'd be downright LIVID if my dealer attempted to pull that crap on me.

When I placed my order back in August, I MADE the dealer insert a clause on the retail purchase agreement that "no other dealer installed options, equipment, packages or extended warranties" were to be added to either my 2020 S/Cab or the purchase price. The sales manager, salesperson and I endorsed this agreement.

Additionally, the AXZD Plans Pricing Agreement (X-Plan in my case) requires that the dealer list individually all such non-sense on it. Note that it does not preclude the dealer from adding such things, but, in the event they do, it must be shown on this document.

What time should I gaze east to watch the fireworks tomorrow?

hawk43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Regards and pissed
Doc

That sounds like attempted robbery...good luck..Stay calm.:sun:

Reactions: Doc

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
That sounds like attempted robbery...good luck..Stay calm.:sun:
Could also be considered "Grand Larceny" as well, the bottom line is that it is theft, plain and simple.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Could also be considered "Grand Larceny" as well, the bottom line is that it is theft, plain and simple.
No..I’m just going to have them take it off the contract.
Thanks
Sponsored