psweeney's Adventure Ranger

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
It's a flat food grade/food safe cutting board with the cupholders integrated on the side. No more tipped over bee....beverages on the tailgate. They invented it to actually make cleaning game or fileting fish easier while they were out doing that and it works for that and many other things as well.
Thanks, that would definitely be a handy thing to have for what you’re doing with your truck.
Sponsored

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Apparently Leitner is working on a new version of their new Forged bed rack that will accommodate a tonneau cover as well but nothing public yet. That would be great.

GREAT!!! Thanks for that info..... I will keep an eye out for the new rack.

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Galpin's great!

And apparently Leitner is working on a new version of their new Forged bed rack that will accommodate a tonneau cover as well but nothing public yet. That would be great.
I just went to their website to check out what they have.... Was excited to see their racks are made with aluminum instead of steel and they weigh much less. I bet that helps with C.G.

Have you taken your rack off after installing it? Im wonder how much of a pita it would to pull the bed and rack off after taking a trip. I would like to store it in my yard when not in use.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys!

So I've been lurking on this forum for a while and finally decided I should post this up here. I love seeing all the cool builds people are working on with the Ranger and I've loved using mine for all sorts of fun trips.

So here goes...a basic inventory of all the work done so far.

5x 285/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
5x 17" XD RG2's
King 2.5 Extended Travel Remote Resi/Adjusters/Bypass on all 4 corners
SVC Offroad Billet UCA's
Leitner Designs Bed Rack, Gear Pod XL
TredPros, mounts
2x Rotopax 3gal, mounts
Roofnest Eagle
Whole Variety of Baja Designs lights
ScanGauge II
Husky Rubber Floor Mats
Line-X Spray In Bed Liner
Switch-Pros 9100
Mountain Hatch

And so much more to come...stay tuned for that, I'm working on a bunch of stuff for her.

It's been a lot of fun using it all (so much different in performance to it's first trip as stock with less than 100 miles on it to Baja and Berdoo Canyon). It's a great camping vehicle, handles mild level boogie in the desert really well, and still gets mileage like a stock Tacoma even with all this done. (Had to get a good dig in on the Taco didn't I?) In seriousness, though the Taco is a great truck I just love this so much and it's served all my needs incredibly well and hasn't given me an ounce of trouble.

Any questions about it or tips or anything, feel free to post!

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 8.04.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 8.04.00 PM.png

IMG-0486bbe43132257815dc203228e1d31f-V.jpg
Another $10k member:wink:

OP
OP
psweeney

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 (well, it started that way)
I just went to their website to check out what they have.... Was excited to see their racks are made with aluminum instead of steel and they weigh much less. I bet that helps with C.G.

Have you taken your rack off after installing it? Im wonder how much of a pita it would to pull the bed and rack off after taking a trip. I would like to store it in my yard when not in use.
I haven't taken it off since install. I imagine if you only did it every so often it would be annoying but not the end of the world (it's very well attached so it can handle offroading) but I would not want to do it all the time

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
You're having waaaaaay too much fun it seems, but hey, that's actually a good thing! :like:

That's a great build!

OP
OP
psweeney

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're having waaaaaay too much fun it seems, but hey, that's actually a good thing! :like:

That's a great build!
Haha thanks! No such thing!

OP
OP
psweeney

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
psweeney

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even the little things make a difference. Today the chrome dealer plate frames came off and the brand new black Tactilian flag frames went on.

20200117_091421.jpg

Oregon Comrade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Hey Guys!

So I've been lurking on this forum for a while and finally decided I should post this up here. I love seeing all the cool builds people are working on with the Ranger and I've loved using mine for all sorts of fun trips.

So here goes...a basic inventory of all the work done so far.

5x 285/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
5x 17" XD RG2's
King 2.5 Extended Travel Remote Resi/Adjusters/Bypass on all 4 corners
SVC Offroad Billet UCA's
Leitner Designs Bed Rack, Gear Pod XL
TredPros, mounts
2x Rotopax 3gal, mounts
Roofnest Eagle
Whole Variety of Baja Designs lights
ScanGauge II
Husky Rubber Floor Mats
Line-X Spray In Bed Liner
Switch-Pros 9100
Mountain Hatch

And so much more to come...stay tuned for that, I'm working on a bunch of stuff for her.

It's been a lot of fun using it all (so much different in performance to it's first trip as stock with less than 100 miles on it to Baja and Berdoo Canyon). It's a great camping vehicle, handles mild level boogie in the desert really well, and still gets mileage like a stock Tacoma even with all this done. (Had to get a good dig in on the Taco didn't I?) In seriousness, though the Taco is a great truck I just love this so much and it's served all my needs incredibly well and hasn't given me an ounce of trouble.

Any questions about it or tips or anything, feel free to post!
Cool truck - what offset are those wheels?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Super cool build yourself by the way! Just starting to read through your thread.
Thanks! Looks like we're working towards the same goal...except I think you're already there lol...I still don't have a tent to actually go camping...yet:)

OP
OP
psweeney

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Oregon Comrade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Thanks! I'll have to dig that up, but I think they're +20.
Seems about whats needed w/o spacers and 285's. Most guys are putting on 1-1.5" spacers on stock rims effectively reducing the effective offset to the 30-20mm range, so you are right in that ballpark.

Interesting to see you move from a 60 series LC to a Ranger. I had a nice 40 series for years, had several buddies with 60's and always aspired to get a 60....but based on their current pricing, forget about it. The GF loves the look of the older LC's, but would not be happy in one after 1 long road trip....not to mention they are getting a bit long in the tooth and parts are not getting any easier to find.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Seems about whats needed w/o spacers and 285's. Most guys are putting on 1-1.5" spacers on stock rims effectively reducing the effective offset to the 30-20mm range, so you are right in that ballpark.

Interesting to see you move from a 60 series LC to a Ranger. I had a nice 40 series for years, had several buddies with 60's and always aspired to get a 60....but based on their current pricing, forget about it. The GF loves the look of the older LC's, but would not be happy in one after 1 long road trip....not to mention they are getting a bit long in the tooth and parts are not getting any easier to find.
+20 with same tire size...correct:)
Sponsored