2.3 full boost and effective displacement?

harringtondav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2014 Dodge Dart Aero DDCT
If I weren't so lazy, I'd keep digging to find this in an existing post string.

What is the max boost on the Ranger's 2.3, and what is the resulting effective displacement?

I've gone easy on my Ranger during break-in. But I have goosed it a few times to 4K rpm. Wow.
My previous experience with a turbo is our Dart Aero with FCA (Fiat) 1.3L turbo. Also wow.

I bought the Ranger to replace a 21 yr old snaggle toothed Durango for boat towing. 17% more hp, 6% less torque than the old 5.2 L blunderbuss. Also 67% more towing capacity.
Sponsored

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
If I weren't so lazy, I'd keep digging to find this in an existing post string.

What is the max boost on the Ranger's 2.3, and what is the resulting effective displacement?

I've gone easy on my Ranger during break-in. But I have goosed it a few times to 4K rpm. Wow.
My previous experience with a turbo is our Dart Aero with FCA (Fiat) 1.3L turbo. Also wow.

I bought the Ranger to replace a 21 yr old snaggle toothed Durango for boat towing. 17% more hp, 6% less torque than the old 5.2 L blunderbuss. Also 67% more towing capacity.
Most peak boost numbers seem to be around 21psi from what I have seen. Not sure about effective displacement/

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen just over 17 in mine personally.... Like above, not sure on displacement.

OP
OP

harringtondav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2014 Dodge Dart Aero DDCT
I've seen just over 17 in mine personally.... Like above, not sure on displacement.
I did some more web digging. The calculations in the link below make sense to me. According to this, 17 psi boost yields a displacement of 4.96L.

This doesn't sound too wild. My Ranger's performance specs compared to my old 5.2L N/A above seem to verify. I'm putting my faith in God and Ford that the bottom end of the 2.3 is built to take it.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/the...o-psi-converted-into-engine-displacement.html

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
I did some more web digging. The calculations in the link below make sense to me. According to this, 17 psi boost yields a displacement of 4.96L.

This doesn't sound too wild. My Ranger's performance specs compared to my old 5.2L N/A above seem to verify. I'm putting my faith in God and Ford that the bottom end of the 2.3 is built to take it.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/the...o-psi-converted-into-engine-displacement.html
I guess its interesting to think about, but "effective displacement" doesnt really mean to much. You can learn a lot more by looking at a dyno graph.
Sponsored