Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
**EDIT** Low beams do fight, but they're tight. Details below.

@weasel1 - Not sure if you got a different revision than I did or not, but the new Car Rover bulbs *do not* fit in the low-beam housings (their plug is a bit too long causing the harness plug to keep the dust cover out and unable to close however, the plug puts a lot of pressure on the dust cover, but it does close), though they fit fine in the high-beam (though I don't feel as if the bulbs properly lock all the way into place). I fiddled with them a while, eventually unplugging them and checking if the dust cover closes while unplugged, which it does.

Here's what the marks are on the dust cover, just as an idea of the pressure you need to apply to get things to fit properly.

dust.jpg

Lows: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TWRFYPC/
High: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TYX5FM5/

I also got a lot of bleed on these as well compared to stock, but I feel it's a bit better than the Sealights.

Low:
low.jpg

And high:
high.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
The Auxito also left a mark on the dust caps from a screw head on the cooling fan/heatsink, but not as much as that.

I'm pretty satisfied with the JDM and will probably get the same for the high beam. I may purchase a few others I've been looking at, but only if they go on sale.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
The Auxito also left a mark on the dust caps from a screw head on the cooling fan/heatsink, but not as much as that.

I'm pretty satisfied with the JDM and will probably get the same for the high beam. I may purchase a few others I've been looking at, but only if they go on sale.
I'm going to see how these go. If they work I'll probably just keep them until Diode Dynamics drops theirs. If they don't, the JDM set is on my list to try next.

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
**EDIT** Low beams do fight, but they're tight. Details below.

@weasel1 - Not sure if you got a different revision than I did or not, but the new Car Rover bulbs *do not* fit in the low-beam housings (their plug is a bit too long causing the harness plug to keep the dust cover out and unable to close however, the plug puts a lot of pressure on the dust cover, but it does close), though they fit fine in the high-beam (though I don't feel as if the bulbs properly lock all the way into place). I fiddled with them a while, eventually unplugging them and checking if the dust cover closes while unplugged, which it does.

Here's what the marks are on the dust cover, just as an idea of the pressure you need to apply to get things to fit properly.

dust.jpg

Lows: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TWRFYPC/
High: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TYX5FM5/

I also got a lot of bleed on these as well compared to stock, but I feel it's a bit better than the Sealights.

Low:
low.jpg

And high:
high.jpg
I have marks like that we will, but I had them with the old car rover bulbs. It's possible that the newer design did it was well for me, but I just didn't notice. I wonder if the old bulbs clearanced the cover for me and that's why it seemed like an easy install? As far as the border tires, I'm not sure why you have so much. Mine's definately not that bad. Those high beams look like they are going to work well!

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I have marks like that we will, but I had them with the old car rover bulbs. It's possible that the newer design did it was well for me, but I just didn't notice. I wonder if the old bulbs clearanced the cover for me and that's why it seemed like an easy install? As far as the border tires, I'm not sure why you have so much. Mine's definately not that bad. Those high beams look like they are going to work well!
Yeah, it's possible. The cover went on a second time much easier than the first. These covers are pretty thick so I'm not super concerned, but it's worth calling out.

I'm pretty excited to see the performance, but I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about the low-beams, they still feel like they're going to be a bit too spread out, but we'll see! Thanks for all the input as well.

FLBlue

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
If used for low beams, do they not blind other drivers? Used as high beams I could see. LED fogs are bright enough now that I get flashed at times.
so far I have been flashed 1 time in a week 1/2. Took about 35 cranks to adjust the lights lower but lights up signs plenty and I have had people drive in front of me (girlfriend in a fusion) and said it was not bad at all.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
@Msfitoy , if you're interested
Screenshot_20200117-191726.png
Do these fit under the dust caps?
Has anyone used them? I’ve tried the Auxito 16k and feel they are too bright and spread out. I also just got the JDM’s and they appear not as bright as I thought.
Wondering if these would be better?

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Do these fit under the dust caps?
Has anyone used them? I’ve tried the Auxito 16k and feel they are too bright and spread out. I also just got the JDM’s and they appear not as bright as I thought.
Wondering if these would be better?
I do not know if they would fit under the dust caps. I would like to see a 14k lumen LED in a 1:1 housing, but I am satisfied with the output of the JDM. I liked the Auxito, but too many times being flashed or given the middle finger swayed me from them. Yes, I could have aimed the lights lower, but I felt the 16k lumen was too much for the reflector.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I am positive the Auxito are clocked properly at 9-3. I’ve also adjusted them lower quite a bit even from the JDM’s and still feel they look like the light is bright and too spread out. Even when I’m behind someone I’m thinking - wow, I wonder if this guy is complaining about my lights being too bright. Maybe its just me not used to led’s.....but I do not think of the JDM’s that way. In fact, I think of the JDM’s as not bright enough snd the pattern a bit too concentrated. I’m going to leave them in for a couple days as I also ordered the 12k Auxito’s. I’ll compare all 3 - 16k Auxito, 12k JDM, and 12k Auxito and make a decision of which to keep.

Deleted member 1634

I’ve tried the Auxito 16k and feel they are too bright and spread out.
I would like to see a 14k lumen LED in a 1:1 housing, but I am satisfied with the output of the JDM. I liked the Auxito, but too many times being flashed or given the middle finger swayed me from them. Yes, I could have aimed the lights lower, but I felt the 16k lumen was too much for the reflector.
I also feel like 16,000 lumens is too bright. I have the 16k Auxitos as high beams and I've seen how bright they are. They're wonderful for high beams, since nobody else should be experiencing them but me. But to have a set of lights that bright as low beams on all the time would be quite annoying to me as another driver on the road.

I have LED fog lights that are 4500 lumens, and those are about the perfect brightness for me. They're brighter than the stock halogens, both the fogs they replaced and the low beams I still have in, but not so bright that I need to worry about blinding people. I'd just love something like that for the low beams. Haven't found anything I like yet.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
On another note - just replaced the fogs with the dual color led from superbrightled.
The install was MUCH easier than when I initially replaced the oem with 5k halogen bulbs by reaching my arm through. Took about 30 min and no pain and bruises to the hand or forearms! This is what I did:
- removed fx4 skid plate
- passenger side first, removed plastic crash bar cover, removed splash shield 3 bolts. Wow- looked in and there is the fog pod . Easy to remove bulb and install the new one.
- drivers side, did not remove crash bar plastic or the splash shield. Just by removing the skid plate I had easy access to the fog pod!
What a huge difference and much easier. I guess if I do decide to change the pods I feel much more comfortable now.
As to the dual color LED’s, we’re in the middle of a snow storm so I’m not going anywhere soon. By just by looking at them in the garage I think they will be a nice upgrade.....I know as previously stated in earlier messages that there are a couple quirks to get used to but I feel the benefit of having both white or yellow outweighs those- at least for me.

Last edited:

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
On another note - just replaced the fogs with the dual color led from superbrightled.
The install was MUCH easier than when I initially replaced the oem with 5k halogen bulbs by reaching my arm through. Took about 30 min and no pain and bruises to the hand or forearms! This is what I did:
- removed fx4 skid plate
- passenger side first, removed plastic crash bar cover, removed splash shield 3 bolts. Wow- looked in and there is the fog pod . Easy to remove bulb and install the new one.
- drivers side, did not remove crash bar plastic or the splash shield. Just by removing the skid plate I had easy access to the fog pod!
What a huge difference and much easier. I guess if I do decide to change the pods I feel much more comfortable now.
As the the dual color LED’s, we’re in the middle of a snow storm so I’m not going anywhere soon. Buy just by looking at them in the garage I think they will be a nice upgrade.....I know as previously stayed in earlier messages that there are a couple quirks to get used to but I feel the benefit of having both white or yellow outweighs those- at least for me.
I haven't installed the fogs yet but I hope you don't mind when I swing by with a case of beer and let you do mine ;)

Thanks for that write up though. This will be the way I go when I get around to it.

Martino2359

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Just wanted to share a recent experience. Last week I remote started my Ranger, when I got into the truck my dash was lit up with battery and wrench indicators and I was seeing multiple messages on the screen related to lane assist, front end collision system, etc, all not functioning. I killed the engine, and after a few attempts, the truck started again and had no errors. SO, I cautiously proceeded to work. I started to smell that distinct electrical odor. Got to work, popped the hood and determined it was coming from one of my LED headlights. When I returned home, I swapped back to factory halogens and have had no issues since. I'm not sure if the fan died on the LED or what, but I have since replaced high and lows with a brighter white halogen. Just wanted to share in case any of you have a similar experience. I'll also note, on several occasions before this took place, my headlights would very quickly turn off and back on in a split second. The LED's I was running were these....

H11 LED Headlight Bulb, CAR ROVER 55W 10000Lumens Plug-N-Play Extremely Bright 6500K H8 H9 ZES Chips Conversion Kit

Sponsored