First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Mod's are asleep...
There are only two of us and the volume of postings on the site is really hard to keep up with.

Sorry....

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
There are only two of us and the volume of postings on the site is really hard to keep up with.

Sorry....
LOL I was kidding...you guys are doing great!:like:

I had to laugh when I saw two threads (new posts) on top of one another with the exact same title:giggle:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
LOL I was kidding...you guys are doing great!:like:

I had to laugh when I saw two threads (new posts) on top of one another with the exact same title:giggle:
I was going to merge the threads but it looks like it has been done

Josh Hager

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
OP
OP
svache

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the issue has been solved! I contaced BlackBoxMyCar and they said it sounds like I have the cigarette socket connection between the two products. Which I do! They said I need this: https://www.blackboxmycar.com/collections/battery-packs/products/hardwire-splicing

Thanks again for your help!
Oh man haha, yes, you would definitely need that cable for the battery installation!

I should have mentioned this in my first post, which I will do right away for anyone else in the future :)

Josh Hager

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Oh man haha, yes, you would definitely need that cable for the battery installation!

I should have mentioned this in my first post, which I will do right away for anyone else in the future :)
Hey man, team effort here! Take it easy!!!

OP
OP
svache

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey man, team effort here! Take it easy!!!
Haha true! I do appreciate you getting back to this thread to say what the issue was, it may help someone in the future :D

I'm glad it got solved :D

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
@Lunchbox88 - I finally got around putting a video together :)

I made the video picture-in-picture, this is not how they normally are saved though, I just edited it together (which is easy enough as the camera records and saves the video files for front and back in 1 minute sections). When watching them on a phone or computer they will show either front or rear camera (depending on what you select). There's also a dashcam viewer for both phone and computers, the computer version allows you to see where you've driven as well as the files contain GPS data (I'll post a picture of the viewer with map below to give you an idea).

The first part of the video is just regular driving, after a minute I switch the front and rear cameras. Then there's a bit of night driving, again switching between front and back after a minute. Then a minute or so of driving in the rain to give you an idea how that looks, and finally two parts (these are only 20 seconds each) with the camera in parking mode (motion sensing).

Also, there's audio in the first bit of the video, but there was talking between me and others in the rest of the video so I took the audio out of that since I don't know if they would consent to me uploading the conversation lol, just so you know why the rest is silent :)

Here's that picture of the PC viewer:

93CZF2j.png

Hope this helps :like:
Very nice and I have to compliment your driving, good space cushion between you and the vehicle in front, then when they accelerate from a stop, it appears you are using the 2 second rule to avoid a rear end accident. I also see you have drivers not trained in the use of turn signals when changing lanes just like we have on the mainland.

OP
OP
svache

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice and I have to compliment your driving, good space cushion between you and the vehicle in front, then when they accelerate from a stop, it appears you are using the 2 second rule to avoid a rear end accident. I also see you have drivers not trained in the use of turn signals when changing lanes just like we have on the mainland.
Thanks for the compliment. But in all honesty, I never really look at the 2 second rule, sometimes I am but it also happens frequently that I'm really too close to the person in front of me ;)

About the blinkers, man, you have no idea. It's almost as people think it is optional or that they have to pay per blink lol. What's worse is, it is something that annoys me about other people and I normally always use my blinker. It seems there's very little enforcement here, and of course, the one time I forgot to use my blinker, I got pulled over by a cop. I was fuming lol :LOL:

Jamesrue

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger fx4
I miss having a fuse that turns on with the ignition. Does anyone know of a fuse inside the cabin that only has power when the vehicle is running?

AverageWhiteGuy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Professional Procastinator
I miss having a fuse that turns on with the ignition. Does anyone know of a fuse inside the cabin that only has power when the vehicle is running?
Yep... the dimming mirror does it, there was a "accessory" one I found that said "spare fuse" that was active. As long as the ford battery management system feels the battery isn't dying. You'll have loads of powered fuses in the cabin box. Ironically when I installed the U1000 with the radar, and 2k rear camera, I used the dimming mirror for engine on, and the accessory one for engine off. I didn't buy a battery. When you buy the thinkware radar with the U1000, you can set the dashcam to ultra low power mode, where it will run for up to 28 days off the car battery.

Fun note; by default the U1000 in parking mode, will turn off, if the battery voltage goes below 12 volts.

If you aren't sure, you can get a multimeter on DC volt setting, press the black wire against the metal frame next to the cabin fuse box, and the red wire against a micro ii fuse you'd like to plug into (while the car is off). Your looking for a voltage around 12 volts. Then you use the add-a-fuse tap to add a 2nd route for power. I soldered + heat shrunk mine so it'll last longer than the crimp variant that can get loose over time.

GLekter

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Teacher
I had experience with it
Sponsored