First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL FX4; 2018 BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Do you have a head in shot of the tires on the truck. Wondering how they look width wise.
Perfect for the snow out here. Plus I don't like a wide tire. Old fart syndrome maybe... These were taken early September- there's a foot and a half of snow on the ground now.

fullsizeoutput_99.jpeg

IMG_7376.JPG
Sponsored

Flapilot

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Thanks!

Plenty wide enough. I love the look of the 285’s but I think the 255 will do just fine and he’ll keep some mpg’s.

JoJo

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
JoJo, Everything is intact (crash bars, plastic, etc.) and looks like your pics only filthy. Below is a shot of what I think you were looking for. Truck has seen some pretty rough country over the summer- no issues whatsoever.

744D3251-B610-4DED-9C7E-11E9C8241F8F.jpeg

3DEC84C1-FCA8-4845-8D85-500F2A8E7CC7.jpeg

7944572F-1419-4D24-A07B-8A09727B74D5.jpeg

3479A73D-8B19-40E6-9C5F-00D4B16F3E85.jpeg

76036FC8-93A9-4A72-AEE4-95F088369797.jpeg

F4BB3904-B639-4CDB-831F-EE0CBC105F89.jpeg

FF809F20-21D0-4597-A9B4-ED98C82485AF.jpeg

Attachments

JoJo

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Disregard wording with pics on previous post. Not sure what happened.
Just wanted to say in a nutshell; thanks to Gsaff I ended up going with falken wildpeaks at3w 255/80r17 and couldn't be happier. At least half an inch space at any revolution. Outside of maxtrac 2.5inch level. No other tire/wheel mods, trimming or rubbing. One day in and I don't notice any negative ride difference, but still early.

pbb_photo

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pbbphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4, Technology, Tow, 6ft Bed
Occupation
Photographer
Disregard wording with pics on previous post. Not sure what happened.
Just wanted to say in a nutshell; thanks to Gsaff I ended up going with falken wildpeaks at3w 255/80r17 and couldn't be happier. At least half an inch space at any revolution. Outside of maxtrac 2.5inch level. No other tire/wheel mods, trimming or rubbing. One day in and I don't notice any negative ride difference, but still early.
Nice, looks awesome. Thats the same tire I ordered. I tried to get them through 4wheelparts in Salt Lake, but after I ordered they said they were back ordered by like 2 months! So I had them cancel the order. Then, I tried through tiresnationoutlet.com as I couldn't find them in stock anywhere. They were due in yesterday and only one showed up. UPS says they don't know where the other 3 are even though each has its own tracking, and now are doing a 'investigation'. So needless to say its been a nightmare trying to get these tires. If you know of a good source that ships let me know. Thanks

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Awesome thanks for sharing! This is exactly the tire setup and height I am leaning towards. How is the mpg change? Those Toyos at 33” are load E and only 50 pounds! Only 5 more pounds than the stock Hankooks. Really great to hear you didn’t need to change up or move crash bars too. Even at full lock and compressed, there’s no rub?! I love the look of those magnetic wheels. If you get time I’m interested in how you like the tires and how the mpgs with that setup has been for ya. Thanks!

The stock 265/65/17 Hankooks are 35lbs. My Nitto Ridge Grapplers are 43.65lbs with a 2.5" level kit and I can tell the difference (rolling mass) from the stock tires. Not a huge difference but it's noticeable. Lost about 1-2 mpg city and highway was a few more especially once you're going over 70 mph. You're definitely going to see a reduction in mpg's with that much more weight.

C113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Please tell me I'm not crazy and these should fit!

I ordered 255/75R17 in TA KO2 to go with the 2" Ford lift. From what I can find here, I'll be okay... But please tell me if I'm wrong so I can go a different route.

For reference...
265/65R17 (stock) = 30 1/2”
265/70R17 = 31 1/2"
255/75R17 = 32"
I have these with no lift and no rubbing at all. I take it off road and never had them rub.

20191027_142207.jpg

20200115_002404.jpg

20200115_002720.jpg

pbb_photo

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pbbphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
Interesting happenings... this is the short version lol

I installed the Ford/fox 2.0 kit, wanted the Falken Wildpeak AT3 in a 255/80/17 after lots of reading and reviews. I couldn’t find them in stock anywhere. The Nitto Ridge Grapplers, while a touch heavier and beefier in the same 255/80/17 were a close second and readily available. I had a very reputable tire store mount and and balance them. There was a lot of vibration, lag, drop in gas mileage. I have run BFGoodrich and Goodyear DuraTracs in even bigger sizes than these on my old Frontier, so am use to the feel of a more aggressive and large tire. These Nittos did not feel right. I went to my local ford dealership to have them test drive it and make sure everything was still aligned. They said they were out of balance. I called the tire store and they said no prob it happens sometimes, we will rebalance for free. Everyone was super helpful, and the guy at the tire store had a new 5g ranger as well, so we were swapping stories and setups. The balance felt better, but still not what I wanted. I was disappointed as I missed that smooth ranger ride with the upgraded fox suspension. I ended up finding some Falken Wildpeaks. With my ford credit I had them mount and balance them. When I drove away I got on the highway and they felt as smooth as the stock Hankooks. Still a really aggressive tread and great in snow and mud. My suspension feels great as the vibrations are gone and I can actually feel the compression and ride more accurately. It is really amazing how smooth they are. Now I understand all the positive reviews for them. Needless to say I have my hankooks and the mottos for sale! I love my ranger again! I’ll get more photos but here’s a fun one. Thanks to everyone on here for all the info too

E73CB90A-6E25-41DD-8CDC-9AE679ACEF6D.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

I installed the Ford/fox 2.0 kit, wanted the Falken Wildpeak AT3 in a 255/80/17 after lots of reading and reviews. I couldn’t find them in stock anywhere. The Nitto Ridge Grapplers, while a touch heavier and beefier in the same 255/80/17 were a close second and readily available. I had a very reputable tire store mount and and balance them. There was a lot of vibration, lag, drop in gas mileage. I have run BFGoodrich and Goodyear DuraTracs in even bigger sizes than these on my old Frontier, so am use to the feel of a more aggressive and large tire. These Nittos did not feel right. I went to my local ford dealership to have them test drive it and make sure everything was still aligned. They said they were out of balance. I called the tire store and they said no prob it happens sometimes, we will rebalance for free. Everyone was super helpful, and the guy at the tire store had a new 5g ranger as well, so we were swapping stories and setups. The balance felt better, but still not what I wanted. I was disappointed as I missed that smooth ranger ride with the upgraded fox suspension. I ended up finding some Falken Wildpeaks. With my ford credit I had them mount and balance them. When I drove away I got on the highway and they felt as smooth as the stock Hankooks. Still a really aggressive tread and great in snow and mud. My suspension feels great as the vibrations are gone and I can actually feel the compression and ride more accurately. It is really amazing how smooth they are. Now I understand all the positive reviews for them. Needless to say I have my hankooks and the mottos for sale! I love my ranger again! I’ll get more photos but here’s a fun one. Thanks to everyone on here for all the info too

That's surprising with the Nittos,glad you got it straightened out though. I've had them on now for over 3,000 miles and love them. While mine are a smaller size 265/70/17 they're just as quite as the stock Hankooks and the ride is very smooth. The only difference I notice between these and the stock ones are the rolling resistance when you let off the gas,the Hankooks obviously roll a lot further.

pbb_photo

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pbbphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
That's surprising with the Nittos,glad you got it straightened out though. I've had them on now for over 3,000 miles and love them. While mine are a smaller size 265/70/17 they're just as quite as the stock Hankooks and the ride is very smooth. The only difference I notice between these and the stock ones are the rolling resistance when you let off the gas,the Hankooks obviously roll a lot further.
Yeah that’s crazy. I’ve heard nothing but good things on these Nittos. Maybe a bad set? I dunno but I frickin love the Wildpeaks

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport

I don’t think your store was balancing them correctly. I had a set of 33s on a 16inch rim on my 1st gen Tundra and they were smooth and by far the best looking tire. Had no issues off or on road. I’ve also had the Falkens in a 32 on my Tacoma. There were also great tires but got a quick puncture in one of them. Which can happen to any tire. But none the less I think the Nittos are by far the best looking tire. Only downside with them is the price.

pbb_photo

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pbbphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
I don’t think your store was balancing them correctly. I had a set of 33s on a 16inch rim on my 1st gen Tundra and they were smooth and by far the best looking tire. Had no issues off or on road. I’ve also had the Falkens in a 32 on my Tacoma. There were also great tires but got a quick puncture in one of them. Which can happen to any tire. But none the less I think the Nittos are by far the best looking tire. Only downside with them is the price.
Good to know. I could have Ford balance the nittos, but am over spending time on this, and I love the look and feel of the wildpeak so will stick with those. And they’re a bit lighter too.

Oregon Comrade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4

Any cutting required to fit those tires?

Thanks
Sponsored