Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
If the rear headrests dont move what happens when you lower the rear seat back. My 2019 you need to move the head rests down or they will hit the front seat back. So far as I can see nothing earth shaking is happening to the 20' either way.
Sponsored

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
There are a few threads on it
Here is an article - Yeah, That Vibration
Interesting that Ford definitely knows about this.
Interesting, thanks for the info. I’m sure I’ll notice it now that I’ll be looking for it!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If the rear headrests dont move what happens when you lower the rear seat back. My 2019 you need to move the head rests down or they will hit the front seat back. So far as I can see nothing earth shaking is happening to the 20' either way.
The back seat doesn't lay perfectly flat like on the Tacoma but it's still going to be a problem if your front seats are far back the headrest will hit the back of the seat. It's like 1 step forward now 2 steps backwards with some of these manufacturers. I finally broke down and updated my IOS software on my iPhone to 13.3,it's terrible! Now you can't view pictures on the locked home screen along with a whole mess of other stuff. You have to do 2-3 more steps in some cases,just keep it simple! I swear they just make these updates to give these people something to do. Sorry...Rant over I need more coffee.:angry:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
It's weird. I get the low speed acceleration vibration most of the time and then every once in awhile I don't have it. I wonder why it disappears at times if it is the driveshaft. I hope you are correct on the 1 piece drive shaft. We will see.
My '91 S/Cab had the same vibration you are describing, if I'm not mistaken it had a 2-piece shaft, my 2000 S/Cab had no such problem, it had a 1-piece shaft. Both had the 4.0 OHV and automatic gearboxes and were 4x2's.
I remember balancing shafts on early production Mercury Zephyr's using the worm gear style hose clamp method, what a pain that was.

OP
OP
Nutty 5.0

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
Do the 19 Lariats have lighted visors on both sides? They do on the 20’s:
B82668D0-795D-4C68-9142-0D46EBB162B0.jpeg

OP
OP
Nutty 5.0

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dang we got nothing better this MY lol!

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes the Lariats do but I'm not sure the other trims do.[/QUOTE

Upon comparing the order guide for both 2019 and 2020 nothing has changed concerning visors:
  • XL and XLT models feature dual sliding sun visors
  • Lariats feature dual illuminated sliding sun visors
It does not appear that dual illuminated visors were available at all on the XL & XLT trim levels, but standard equipment on the Lariat series for both years.

Gotta look somewhere else Lariat owners...check your tire changing equipment (jack & handle) maybe the "Lariat" name is etched onto them...lol

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My '91 S/Cab had the same vibration you are describing, if I'm not mistaken it had a 2-piece shaft, my 2000 S/Cab had no such problem, it had a 1-piece shaft. Both had the 4.0 OHV and automatic gearboxes and were 4x2's.
I remember balancing shafts on early production Mercury Zephyr's using the worm gear style hose clamp method, what a pain that was.
Hi Jeff,

Yep...a pain, but it really does work!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hi Jeff,

Yep...a pain, but it really does work!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Indeed, the early Fox platform had some serious NVH issues, but their ride and handling were light years ahead of the Maverick/Comet series they replaced. The GM at the dealer I worked for then referred to them as Ford's equivalent to a BMW, a bit of a stretch if you ask me.
I owned a barebones '79 Fairmont wagon with a 200 6cyl and 3 spd. manual trans, it was a theft recovered vehicle so it was kinda trashed. It did not even have a radio or AC, it did have a heater which did me a lotta good in Hawaii...lol.
Back then, I used to do car repairs as a side job, the Fairmont was my "truck" for that stint, I used to load tools, equipment and all other crap in that car. Would you believe I once carried a 390 and a 289 (complete engines but disassembled of course) along with all my other crap in it?
Boy, I abused the s*#t out of that poor car, but it never complained or whimpered.

OP
OP
Nutty 5.0

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Indeed, the early Fox platform had some serious NVH issues, but their ride and handling were light years ahead of the Maverick/Comet series they replaced. The GM at the dealer I worked for then referred to them as Ford's equivalent to a BMW, a bit of a stretch if you ask me.
I owned a barebones '79 Fairmont wagon with a 200 6cyl and 3 spd. manual trans, it was a theft recovered vehicle so it was kinda trashed. It did not even have a radio or AC, it did have a heater which did me a lotta good in Hawaii...lol.
Back then, I used to do car repairs as a side job, the Fairmont was my "truck" for that stint, I used to load tools, equipment and all other crap in that car. Would you believe I once carried a 390 and a 289 (complete engines but disassembled of course) along with all my other crap in it?
Boy, I abused the s*#t out of that poor car, but it never complained or whimpered.
That wagon would be a great “insert any newer injected fast Ford motor” and leave stock inside and out.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That wagon would be a great “insert any newer injected fast Ford motor” and leave stock inside and out.
Lol, I did toy with the idea of yanking the 200 and installing a 300 6 cyl. that I had gone through for my Dad's '83 F-150, but my cousin borrowed the truck and completely wrecked it. If I remember correctly, the 300 cranked out more torque than a bone stock 302, that motor is still on my top 5 list of the best engines produced by anyone. I also wanted to run a Ford top-loader 4 speed with the 300, that idea led to the rear end, there was no way the puny stock 3rd. member would hold up. As it turns out, my dreams turned out to be way too much work so I ran the 200 till it died, which it did in 1986 when it sucked a valve, the replacement victim was an '81 Honda Civic Wagon, that's an episode for another time...
Looking back, my 2020 S/Cab is sure going to have an easy life, now that my young and much more dumb days are way past. :shock:

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Lol, I did toy with the idea of yanking the 200 and installing a 300 6 cyl. that I had gone through for my Dad's '83 F-150, but my cousin borrowed the truck and completely wrecked it. If I remember correctly, the 300 cranked out more torque than a bone stock 302, that motor is still on my top 5 list of the best engines produced by anyone. I also wanted to run a Ford top-loader 4 speed with the 300, that idea led to the rear end, there was no way the puny stock 3rd. member would hold up. As it turns out, my dreams turned out to be way too much work so I ran the 200 till it died, which it did in 1986 when it sucked a valve, the replacement victim was an '81 Honda Civic Wagon, that's an episode for another time...
Looking back, my 2020 S/Cab is sure going to have an easy life, now that my young and much more dumb days are way past. :shock:
I had a 1991 F-150 Lariat 4X4 with the 300 six. It was the smoothest running engine I've owned and loaded with torque. Unfortunately, it also loved gasoline!

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 1991 F-150 Lariat 4X4 with the 300 six. It was the smoothest running engine I've owned and loaded with torque. Unfortunately, it also loved gasoline!
It maybe unbelievable but the 300 six got better gas mileage than the 302 v8
Sponsored