time for 2019 rangers on lot

thatbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Hi all, I'm curious as to how long you all think 2019 Rangers will still be on lots for? I'm not ready to buy one just yet but I'm really banking on a steep discount for last year's model. If I miss that discount I won't be able to justify getting one with the options I want. I figure pulling the trigger early and being out a bit of money would be worth the savings but I don't want to wait too long. I've never bought a new vehicle before let alone last year's model so I don't know what to expect. Any advice is appreciated.

I should point out that I'm waiting 2 months for my membership at mustang.org to allow me to get the x-plan. That way I can try to double up. Is that feasible? I saw some people in the thread that talks about how much people paid say they were able to double up. Maybe that was just with the rebates that are no longer available though...
Sponsored

BRanger

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 301a XLT Cactus Grey
Rebates are subtracted from sale price. December saw $5500 in rebates. Lots of people hopped on that getting over $8k off.

*$5500 was available in Baton Rouge, LA

AuburnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightning Blue Lariat FX4
Waiting for XPlan isn’t really necessary. Plenty of people are getting XPlan level discounts or better. The max for dealer discounts I’ve seen seems to be $4000-5000 depending on where you are, plus any rebates you are eligible for. In Dec with the large XLT rebates people were getting as much as $10k off total.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
From what I've read you don't need to wait that long for the MCA membership, but I've never used it. Shop around and you'll find a great deal. I went back and forth between a few dealerships to see who could do best back in August, and what I purchased then is just as good and/or better than what I'm seeing advertised now.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
I checked my two big main local dealers and they still have quite a few 2019's on the lot and they aren't significantly discounted anymore. One dealer is offering a paltry $1250, and the other is in the $2200-$3000 range. Unless X plan can do something significantly better, I would just wait. With these minimal discounts they will not move and they will come down.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I checked my two big main local dealers and they still have quite a few 2019's on the lot and they aren't significantly discounted anymore. One dealer is offering a paltry $1250, and the other is in the $2200-$3000 range. Unless X plan can do something significantly better, I would just wait. With these minimal discounts they will not move and they will come down.
The other option is to inquire with the dealer if you find a truck equipped the way you want. They may not advertise any discounts, but you may still be able to get them. As time goes on, the 2019's are worth less and less, even when they are brand new. They are over one model year old now, so 1 year of depreciation should be factored into the purchase price at this point. At least that is how I would approach it.

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
This month as far as I can see in my area in Oregon the Ranger 2019 lariat's have a factory rebate of $4000 lasting till march and it looks like Ontario ford auto ranch also has a substantial discount of 3,500 to 4,000 or more roughly speaking. The xlt model rebates are down to roughly 1000 with the dealer discounts as well ; in November and December they were 6100 but that is now gone at least for now.

1105191016b_Burst01.jpg

JeffM

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Most of the dealers in Houston seem to have a $3000-3500 or so dealer discount on top of any factory rebates and there seems to still be some 2019 models left. I bought mine on black Friday and got $9600 off list total. Interestingly mine has a build date of Jan 24 2019 and was still unsold in November. Maybe the combo of options wasn't popular, but it was exactly what I was looking for. Hope you have the same luck.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Waiting for XPlan isn’t really necessary. Plenty of people are getting XPlan level discounts or better. The max for dealer discounts I’ve seen seems to be $4000-5000 depending on where you are, plus any rebates you are eligible for. In Dec with the large XLT rebates people were getting as much as $10k off total.
Does not apply in my case, I wanted a 2020 and not a 2019, on top of that, none of the 3 dealers here stocked (or had on order) anything remotely close to what I wanted. One dealer did have a 2019 Lariat S/Cab in stock, but it was a 4x4 in black, 2 strikes against it.

In particular, I wanted a Lariat 4x2 S/Cab with the 501A package, since I am shelling out some $37K for the vehicle I won't settle for anything else.

I think I did well using the X-Plan program, out the door price for my 2020 is $37,747.16, the MSRP is $38,845.00. OTD meaning tax. license and $100 documentation fee (the only dealer charge assessed) included. I went the X-Plan route because I absolutely hate the price haggling BS I would have to endure because my truck was a special order, using Costco's Car buying program was a viable alternative.

Granted, other buyers are enjoying deep discounts on 2019's and that's fine and well, I initiated this purchase knowing that I would not be able to take advantage of these deep discounts and that's just fine by me. I prefer to own and drive a vehicle that I want, not what some sales manager thinks I should.

Enitan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I got an awesome deal on mine in November.

Between xplan, rebates, and other programs I knew about: my 42k fully loaded XLT fx4 came in under 30k. To me the lariat wasn’t worth it (I hate leather seats in any vehicle now a days basically “leather sprayed junk” my 16 focus after less than 37k miles the seats looked similar to old school caddies with 30 plus years and 200k on the clock)

Not paying thousands more for a fancifed cluster and better speakers.

watch your local ford rebates site and make sure you go in with the dealer cost sheet (available somewhere around these forums).

for best ultra deal if you’re trading show up about an hour before close 1/31. If they’re hungry enough to meet their goals you may end up getting thousands overbook on your trade. When I dropped my focus they gave me dealer used retail on it at the end of the month. YMMV and good luck.

OP
OP

thatbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Thanks to everyone for all of the replies and useful information. I don't have any trades, my current car is a lease. I will wait a bit longer then send out an email to a bunch of dealers and let them fight for my business. I've found through research and trying it once on a car I didn't buy that if you start negotiations through email, they bend on price a lot better. Then you just have to finish the sale without paying for anything else. :LOL:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Thanks to everyone for all of the replies and useful information. I don't have any trades, my current car is a lease. I will wait a bit longer then send out an email to a bunch of dealers and let them fight for my business. I've found through research and trying it once on a car I didn't buy that if you start negotiations through email, they bend on price a lot better. Then you just have to finish the sale without paying for anything else. :LOL:
A wise decision, in communicating via email, you definitely hold the upper hand negotiation wise, not to mention a lot of time.
Brings to mind the old yellow book slogan "Let your fingers do the walking", but with email, the talking as well.
Sponsored