Front USB Ports Stopped Working

Jax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I've had my Ranger for a couple months now with no issues whatsoever. When I usually drive I plug my phone into the front usb ports under the infotainment system to use android auto. However, today upon starting my truck the front ports refuse to charge my phone and do not connect with android auto.
I've tested the back ports and they work to charge my phone but do not connect to sync 3 or android auto. Has anyone else had a similar problem? If so, how did you go about resolving it?
Sponsored

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Just had this happen tonight on the front left USB Port, also unable to get it working. Worked fine this morning. Right side is ok for now.

jlmotox

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has done this a few times but always comes back on... no rhyme or reason that I can tell.

MillerLite87

First Name
Miller
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Just had this happen tonight on the front left USB Port, also unable to get it working. Worked fine this morning. Right side is ok for now.
I bought a used Lariat about a month ago and same thing left doesn’t work but right one does.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I've had both ports act a little wonky here and there, drop the charging speed or refuse to recognize the device that was plugged in, but it always seems to come back.

I suspect this may also have something to do with the cables being used as well, these ports seem pickier about them than lots of other things are.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
I had a faulty MCM (USB Hub) in my Fusion that'd act similar. Would connect sometimes, not others, etc.

MillerLite87

First Name
Miller
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I read this one comment on YouTube that said they remove the battery cable and let it reset and was working normal again.
I’m buying a new Apple cable tomorrow after work since I have a third party to see if that fixes it and if not than I’ll try the battery thing and if that doesn’t do the job, than most likely I’ll be making an appointment with dealership.

LoneRanger19

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Magnetic
Same happened to me, both stopped working, tried different cables etc. Then all of a sudden they started to work again and have been ok since then, for now.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
I'd run it in for a new MCM for these cases. I heard something about some MY19 MCMs having problems, but no details.

Mitch89

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Everest MY19.75
Occupation
Photographer
I had some issues with one of the two USB ports in my Everest, I found rebooting the SYNC3 system got it working again.

Simple car restarts or even leaving it overnight didn’t seem to make a difference.

Hold the Power + Next Track button for a few seconds till the system reboots and see if it has an effect.
Sponsored