JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
:like: Hi Phil. I know u never stop learning ... the german „ broken“ needs to have another t to make the u short: kaputt :beer: but not the beer mug!

But English stole the word from the German "kaputt" and use 19th century English version "kaput"
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
:like: Hi Phil. I know u never stop learning ... the german „ broken“ needs to have another t to make the u short: kaputt :beer: but not the beer mug!
HI Gerd,

LIved in Germany for 5 years as a military brat. spent 6th grade in a German school in Trier before we could get to Air Base housing in Bitburg. I speak very broken German and my German Spelling is terrible if almost non exist... Besides I can't type long words like Strassenbahnhaltenstella...:)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
HI Gerd,

LIved in Germany for 5 years as a military brat. spent 6th grade in a German school in Trier before we could get to Air Base housing in Bitburg. I speak very broken German and my German Spelling is terrible if almost non exist... Besides I can't type long words like Strassenbahnhaltenstella...:)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Ha, ha! Well done (Street Car Stop!) Wo ist der Bahnhof?
13 years in Germany over 3 Tours of Duty. After the first Tour I brought a Porsche back to the USA. After the Second I brought a German Wife home! :>)

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger ˋ19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
Ha, ha! Well done (Street Car Stop!) Wo ist der Bahnhof?
13 years in Germany over 3 Tours of Duty. After the first Tour I brought a Porsche back to the USA. After the Second I brought a German Wife home! :>)
:D aaaaand? Which one was the smarter decision?:ninja:

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HI Gerd,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
:LOL: Strassenbahnhaltestellenhalteschild … street car stop sign :party:

back to topic: pretty happy they are much to lazy here to carry such a haevy tailgate just for the few euros

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I could be wrong, but it has always been my experience that you have to get warranty repairs done by the dealer who sold you the vehicle. Other dealers simply refuse to get involved. I don't know why and it certainly doesn't make any sense. But that's what typically happens to me.
Quoted from Ford's 2020 Warranty Guide:

"When you need warranty repairs, your selling dealer would like you to return to it for that service, but you may also take your vehicle to another Ford Motor Company dealership authorized for warranty repairs."

As Redland Ranger pointed out earlier, let's suppose I bought my 2020 Ranger from a dealership in Oregon, then shipped to home here in Honolulu.
If I were to experience a warranty defect issue do you really expect me to ship my truck back to the selling dealer in Oregon? Then ship it back to Hawaii? Who would cover the cost of shipping? Certainly not me, nor Ford Motor Company, matter of fact I can't think of anyone who would pay for this, which ranges in the thousands of dollars.

Ditto for the honorable military personnel who bought their new Ford elsewhere, got re-assigned to Hawaii and shipped the vehicle here.

Logic dictates that I would take my truck to any one of the three authorized Ford dealers here on Oahu, do you not agree?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Porsche is long gone and the Wife is still here! I did replace the Porsche with a Newer Model, but the wife remains the Original Version. I am a happy and blessed man!
Hi Chasvs,

I am on wife 2.0....very happy now :) 1.0 hooked on cocaine..:(

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quoted from Ford's 2020 Warranty Guide:

"When you need warranty repairs, your selling dealer would like you to return to it for that service, but you may also take your vehicle to another Ford Motor Company dealership authorized for warranty repairs."

As Redland Ranger pointed out earlier, let's suppose I bought my 2020 Ranger from a dealership in Oregon, then shipped to home here in Honolulu.
If I were to experience a warranty defect issue do you really expect me to ship my truck back to the selling dealer in Oregon? Then ship it back to Hawaii? Who would cover the cost of shipping? Certainly not me, nor Ford Motor Company, matter of fact I can't think of anyone who would pay for this, which ranges in the thousands of dollars.

Ditto for the honorable military personnel who bought their new Ford elsewhere, got re-assigned to Hawaii and shipped the vehicle here.

Logic dictates that I would take my truck to any one of the three authorized Ford dealers here on Oahu, do you not agree?
Yeah. The theory. But if no dealer want‘s you to have as a customer, no one could force them to give you a friendly service, isn‘t it? And if your first appearance is because of a massive warranty problem and they have enough work ... this could happen. I have very similar problems here... it is a lot of paperwork for them to get the money back from ford one told me.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Chasvs,

I am on wife 2.0....very happy now :) 1.0 hooked on cocaine..:(

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Life is funny that way. Or as a wise man once said: Life is like a box of chocolates...... “

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
You have to be a Toyota fan boy and I dont belive what your saying I bought a xlt 4x4 10-16-19 and have not had a single problem my towes great to.
You replying to me ? I don't even remember why you would think I am a Toyota fan I have a 2019 Ford Ranger xlt, I have only had one Toyota Tacoma my whole life and that was a 17 that I trade after 1 year.
Since 1969 I have owned dozens upon dozens of vehicles and no Toyota's till 2017.

1028190843a.jpg

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But English stole the word from the German "kaputt" and use 19th century English version "kaput"
Oh!? That‘s what I didn‘t know. There are many more words they adapted than Kindergarten obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.