First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Im trying to figure which ford module I need for a remote start. I have remote start option in my display but no module. Im pretty sure the Ranger Module would work or has anyone found a better option?

IMG_3086.jpg

IMG_3087.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Bump?

BcP28

First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
So this may be a long shot, but I might have something for you....My Ranger came with a remote start on the Fob from the factory, so I didn't need to add it after the fact, BUT I recently installed a Ford accessories remote start on my fiance's 2015 Edge Sport. The interface of the Edge is very similar to the Rangers (and your Everest), so the process are part-types should be the same/similar.

So with the newer Ford electrical architectures, there's not really an easy way to add a true 'factory' remote start system. It would be heavily involved, likely requiring the replacement and reprogramming of most of the electrical and PATS modules; unlike the older stuff, where you just had to add the antenna and get new key fobs -- I did this on my Father's 2014 F150, but was not as simple on my fiance's Edge.

So for the newer stuff, you need an additional security module, as well as an antenna, and separate remote start key fob. Fortunately Ford sells these as accessories, so you can get what you need from Ford and it should work just as good, if not better, than the factory system.

Doing a quick search on the Ford Parts website, here's what I found for 2019 Ranger parts that are the equivalent of what I installed on the Edge:

Ranger_Remote_Start.JPG

Installation on the Edge was fairly straight-forward: The VSS module T'd into the OBD harness below the steering column. then I had to run a harness through the A-pillar and mounted the antenna on the windshield by the rear-view mirror. From there I had to activate the remote start system using Forscan (yours might already be enabled if you have the options in the gauge cluster?) - I had to turn on the option in the BCM and IPC modules. Then I had to program the remote start fob, which involved starting the car 6-times in rapid succession or something like that.

This probably wasn't exactly what you're looking for, but maybe it'll help?

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
thank you for the details, the module was the thing I was not sure about. The Ford (ofcourse) does not list my vehicle, but I knew one of those modules would work. I could not find someone to tell which one. I also found out compustar makes a good unit and seen it installed on an Australian Ranger. I sent two emails to them and no one will respond. I just needed them to tell me which one to order.
Sponsored