Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Just FYI, I put a bunch of led bulbs in my wish list, and a few pop up with lightning deals. I had the JDM come up with $23 off. Total to my door was $61.
I'm not having your luck...nothing here...can you post the link? Maybe it'll work...:)
Sponsored

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was hoping your link to the price cut would work but it shows up as the same 69.99
The lightning deals are only items you're watching or have viewed. If it makes you feel any better, the JDM were 79.99 when I got the lightning deal. $23 off for the lightning deal and another $8 off with a coupon.

IMG_20200112_160819_103.JPG

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The lightning deals are only items you're watching or have viewed. If it makes you feel any better, the JDM were 79.99 when I got the lightning deal. $23 off for the lightning deal and another $8 off with a coupon.

IMG_20200112_160819_103.JPG
I'll keep watching it until they give in:LOL:

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Back on Jan 6th they were down to $56. I will put them on my tracker and make sure to post up if they drop.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Alright, so I got the Sealight S1s yesterday and got them installed tonight. These pics are with the truck parked just enough to get the front mostly level in the garage, and shining into the back wall. Living in the city means there's not really any dark places I can actually do a better comparison.

I can confirm they fit just perfectly fine with no issues whatsoever, so you can add these to the "they fit" list @weasel1.

Link to the bulb kit (low and high): https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LGJ2Q6T/

I'm a bit worried about the spillover on the low-beams. The cutoff doesn't really exist anymore and there's a fair bit of spillover upwards where I wouldn't otherwise want it. The bulbs don't appear to be clockable, so the low beams are in at a bit of an angle (the LEDs sit around 10 and 4), but the high beams are a perfect 9/3 fit. I'm not sure if I'll wind up keeping these or returning them and trying something else, fitment is perfect but ultimately I'm a little worried about the bleed on lowbeams.

Here are some pictures of the bulbs so you can see for yourself. I tried to do the same color modes for both sets of lights, but in doing the same settings for the new bulbs they looked extremely blue which they're not. These are running the same ISO and shutter speeds, the old bulbs are taken at ~3500k white balance and the LEDs are at ~4800k white balance.

Here's the old lowbeams:
1_old.jpg

And the new lowbeams:
2_new.jpg

The old highbeams:
3_old.jpg

And the new highbeams:
4_new.jpg

Here's a side-by-side comparison (lowbeams):
5_compare_low.jpg

And a side-by-side comparison (highbeams):
6_compare_high.jpg

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
I'll add the S1's to the list, but I agree about the spillover. I think you'll get flashed a lot if you use those ...

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
Found a slight annoyance this morning heading into work that was mentioned back on page 5 briefly. The auto stop/start causes the led's to do an almost full power cycle. You dont notice it much with halogens but its definitely more prominent on the led's. It looks like Im flashing the person in front of me which I imagine at some point will get me some funny looks.

Deleted member 1634

Found a slight annoyance this morning heading into work that was mentioned back on page 5 briefly. The auto stop/start causes the led's to do an almost full power cycle. You dont notice it much with halogens but its definitely more prominent on the led's. It looks like Im flashing the person in front of me which I imagine at some point will get me some funny looks.
As long as it's just funny looks and nothing more, then shouldn't matter. Heck, I get funny looks from people just by being me. haha

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I'll add the S1's to the list, but I agree about the spillover. I think you'll get flashed a lot if you use those ...
Same. I took an hour drive last night to get out of all the lights in Long Beach and didn't get flashed once. That doesn't mean much though, I swear at least a quarter of the people here either don't have their lights on or use their brights all the time. I'll be sure to post an update on how things go.

In the meantime I'm going to keep my eyes here and see what comes up in the likely event I replace them and return them.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Also, just wanted to post here. I've done nearly every bulb upgrade to LEDs from Diode Dynamics that I can in the Ranger (fog lights, 3rd brake, cargo light, license plate, pending front sidemarker install), and I know they have some new LEDs for the H11, but I confirmed with them that they currently don't fit in the Ranger. Here's what I heard.

Thanks for reaching out to us! Unfortunately, we do not carry an LED bulb for the low beam on that truck due to a fitment issue with the SL1 not fully seating in the housing because of an obstruction on the housing. But, we do carry HIDs and the HID kits are certainly a good option too.
I followed up to ask if they were planning on getting a modification to make things work:

No problem at all! We do plan on making an updated version of the SL1 that will resolve any fitment issue like that. The goal is to release that one sometime this year but we do not have a set date yet, unfortunately.
So hopefully this year they should have some nice LED upgrades ready for us. (I'm not at all paid to say this, I've just had really wonderful experiences with all of their products and the quality they provide, happy to pay a bit of a premium for that.)

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Same. I took an hour drive last night to get out of all the lights in Long Beach and didn't get flashed once. That doesn't mean much though, I swear at least a quarter of the people here either don't have their lights on or use their brights all the time. I'll be sure to post an update on how things go.

In the meantime I'm going to keep my eyes here and see what comes up in the likely event I replace them and return them.
Well, to follow up. There's either something wrong with the drivers or the bulbs, because the low beams have had at least one bulb go out multiple times after being driven for a while. So they're getting returned and I've ordered a full set of the new Car Rovers which I should have tonight and will get installed at that time.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ive had zero issues with any of the LEDs I've installed, Hikari, Auxito, and JDM. Are you running an aftermarket relay with these lights ? The only issue I have is the occasional blink. I've driven over 12 hours at night with each of these bulbs and not one issue.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Ive had zero issues with any of the LEDs I've installed, Hikari, Auxito, and JDM. Are you running an aftermarket relay with these lights ? The only issue I have is the occasional blink. I've driven over 12 hours at night with each of these bulbs and not one issue.
I suspect it's just a defective bulb/driver in this one bulb, but given the bleed on them already, it's not worth getting replacements for these directly, but rather going for something with slightly better quality. Everything is stock, just plugged the lights directly into the stock harness, no relays.
Sponsored