Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see why they wouldn't fit. They are fairly compact. Honestly the only problem with the Sealights I have is they don't have the same output as the Car Rover's. They seem to be dimmer. One day I'll get around to getting high beams to match the lows.
Good to know, thanks. Do you think maybe it's a housing difference rather than output from the bulbs, or is it truly output from the bulbs themselves?

There's a bunch of Car Rovers on Amazon, but I followed one of the earlier links I found in this thread, so these would be the ones you're talking about?
Low: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B078Y1RMH1/
High: https://smile.amazon.com/9005-HB3-Headlight-Bulbs-ROVER/dp/B07HQ972VG/
Sponsored

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Installed the JDM Astar LED tonight.

Here are the 16k lumen Auxito as reference:
IMG_20200111_013508550.jpg

And here are the 12k lumen JDM Astar:
IMG_20200111_014530156.jpg

And the JDM with Hikari 12k lumen fog lamp:
IMG_20200111_014918807.jpg

As you can see, and what reiterates my previous conclusion, the cut off is much better with 12k than it is with 16k.

The JDM fit under the dust caps and are no noisier than the Auxito. So we can add the JDM to the list.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier

As you can see, and what reiterates my previous conclusion, the cut off is much better with 12k than it is with 16k.

The JDM fit under the dust caps and are no noisier than the Auxito. So we can add the JDM to the list.
When you have some free time, could you take a picture of the back of your passenger bulb with the dust cap off so I can see where the wire harness lines up. Im trying to determine if theres something funky with my housing before ordering another set.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you have some free time, could you take a picture of the back of your passenger bulb with the dust cap off so I can see where the wire harness lines up. Im trying to determine if theres something funky with my housing before ordering another set.
IMG_20200111_092622780.jpg
IMG_20200111_092639571.jpg

It's difficult to get a good shot but the connector on the bulb kinda sorta points to the wiring connector mounted on the headlamp assembly.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
It's difficult to get a good shot but the connector on the bulb kinda sorta points to the wiring connector mounted on the headlamp assembly.
Thats perfect, thank you. I ordered those JDM's and they will be delivered today by 9p.m. so I should be able to give this another shot tonight.

in your picture, you were able to lock them in a bit more than I was the car rovers so hopefully this works.

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Good to know, thanks. Do you think maybe it's a housing difference rather than output from the bulbs, or is it truly output from the bulbs themselves?

There's a bunch of Car Rovers on Amazon, but I followed one of the earlier links I found in this thread, so these would be the ones you're talking about?
Low: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B078Y1RMH1/
High: https://smile.amazon.com/9005-HB3-Headlight-Bulbs-ROVER/dp/B07HQ972VG/
Honestly, I think it's the Sealights. They just don't output what they claim.

Now your links... Those are the original CarRover bulbs I used (and currently in the fog light position). I never tried the HighBeam. These are the new ones I'm using in the low beams and the pattern is much better:https://www.amazon.com/H11-LED-Head...?keywords=car+rover+h11&qid=1578756961&sr=8-6

Have a look at DHMag's pictures. The top picture looks like the original CarRover bulbs. The second picture looks like the new CarRover bulbs.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats perfect, thank you. I ordered those JDM's and they will be delivered today by 9p.m. so I should be able to give this another shot tonight.

in your picture, you were able to lock them in a bit more than I was the car rovers so hopefully this works.
I have not had any issues locking in any of the lamps I have had. Changed mine in about 5 minutes last nite. The driver side did require just a tad more force to fully lock in though.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
I have not had any issues locking in any of the lamps I have had. Changed mine in about 5 minutes last nite. The driver side did require just a tad more force to fully lock in though.
Thats what's weird about mine. The drivers side is very easy but the passenger side turns about 1/3 what it should and blocks the bottom of the dust cover from seating. Even using channel locks, we couldn't get that side to budge.

I came very close to taking out the air filter box just to get some more room in there. i'm hoping it was just a fluke with the car rovers. My halogens lock in very easy so I don't see why these are such a pain.

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator

Added to the list! It would appear as though these new 1:1 bulb designs are a much needed improvement in the market. They are also doing a much better job of led positioning to the point that clocking the bulbs at 9 and 3 might not be as important. I edited the first post accordingly.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Added to the list! It would appear as though these new 1:1 bulb designs are a much needed improvement in the market. They are also doing a much better job of led positioning to the point that clocking the bulbs at 9 and 3 might not be as important. I edited the first post accordingly.
I like the 1:1 design of the newer bulbs were starting to see on the market. I believe the JDM clock around 10/4 or maybe 8/2. I'll find out how well they throw light tonight. My only concern is longetivity without external drivers.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I think it's the Sealights. They just don't output what they claim.

Now your links... Those are the original CarRover bulbs I used (and currently in the fog light position). I never tried the HighBeam. These are the new ones I'm using in the low beams and the pattern is much better:https://www.amazon.com/H11-LED-Head...?keywords=car+rover+h11&qid=1578756961&sr=8-6

Have a look at DHMag's pictures. The top picture looks like the original CarRover bulbs. The second picture looks like the new CarRover bulbs.
Thank you for the info! I ordered the set of Sealights and they should be here today. They had a coupon for another $15 off so only $71 for the whole kit of 4. I should have them today so I'm going to give them a shot and see how they do. I'll keep those new car Rover in mind if these don't work as I'd hope. I'll definitely report back with photos.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
JDM’s showed up 5 minutes ago and they are already in including the dust covers. ring camera shows a 4 minute and 11 second install lol. That was so much easier than the Car Rovers Thank you for posting about them. They look so much better than stock.

I will probably have to aim them a bit tomorrow as they appear to be hitting a wee bit high compared to the halogens.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
JDM’s showed up 5 minutes ago and they are already in including the dust covers. ring camera shows a 4 minute and 11 second install lol. That was so much easier than the Car Rovers Thank you for posting about them. They look so much better than stock.

I will probably have to aim them a bit tomorrow as they appear to be hitting a wee bit high compared to the halogens.
I’m currently running Auxito mini’s in my low beams and not happy with the lack of cutoff - probably due to the high lumens - 16k over driving the projectors.
I’m thinking about the JDM Astar 1.1 as you guys are using. I notice they are not clockable. Any issues with getting these in the right position?

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
I’m currently running Auxito mini’s in my low beams and not happy with the lack of cutoff - probably due to the high lumens - 16k over driving the projectors.
I’m thinking about the JDM Astar 1.1 as you guys are using. I notice they are not clockable. Any issues with getting these in the right position?
it didnt seem to matter on these. The drivers side is running 2 and 8 and the passenger is running 10 and 4. The hot point is nicely centered and the cutoff is even.

We have an ice storm happening at the moment so I havent drove with them yet but you can get an idea of the cutoff from the images I snagged off my garage camera. Halogen vs JDM’s.

06AE1C87-77C9-48BF-AF77-179B7404DC5B.png

DD44CEFB-6510-42A1-AAC4-79E366C6D818.png

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
it didnt seem to matter on these. The drivers side is running 2 and 8 and the passenger is running 10 and 4. The hot point is nicely centered and the cutoff is even.

We have an ice storm happening at the moment so I havent drove with them yet but you can get an idea of the cutoff from the images I snagged off my garage camera. Halogen vs JDM’s.

06AE1C87-77C9-48BF-AF77-179B7404DC5B.png

DD44CEFB-6510-42A1-AAC4-79E366C6D818.png
Those look really good. The Auxito’s have so much scatter that the cutoff is almost non existent. I’ve had them in a week or so and adjusted them down a bit (after my level) and only been out a couple times in the dark. Haven’t been flashed but expected to. I’ll probably run them for a bit and see what happens but I like the look of the JDM.
Sponsored