Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Just used my FPR yesterday. Got some oil, filter, and the door sill plates from Ford Accessories. Dealer was clueless. Tried to get off with saying they didn't know and haven't been trained yet, but I persisted.

The parts department had to go to the service department, have them write up an open service order, then the items were ordered through the parts department and applied afterwards to the open service order. If that makes sense.

We will see how long it takes to update on the app and how much it all was, they were unable to give me a receipt and said it would show on the app. HAHA
Mine is the same way. I was in the other day to get the Transmission TSB software update done and I figured I'd get the tires rotated since the points would pay for it. The cashier rolled their eyes and said "oh no here's another one with those points". They had no clue what to do.

Mind you before it was FordPass rewards it was Ford points. I've literally been accruing points for years on previous Ford vehicles and they still dont know how to redeem them.
Sponsored

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I'm sure if you ruffle enough feathers they will give you the points.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted to share my experience with FPR real quick. I’m a DIY guy so the service credits are no good to me. So I decided to get a swinging cargo box for the bed (a genuine Ford accessory). My dealer parts guy—who is really sharp mind you and isn’t just a parts pusher—had heard something about FPR but wasn’t sure how to execute it. I kept after him long enough until his regional rep stopped by one day and explained to him how to work it.

Long story short, he has to bill the parts on a service ticket. Then it goes into some sort of limbo and in a couple of months Ford will refund the dealer. Sounds like it’s kind of a process so I thanked him for messing with it for me. By the way, anything on a service ticket you get 5% back in points. Parts tickets alone do not get this reward.

So YES, I can verify that it is possible to purchase accessories or parts with your rewards.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I may have missed it in the thread, but does anyone know if this program is in Canada too?

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
I called after around a week and then a few days later my 42,000 points showed up in my account. I have a 3 year free oil change deal with my Ranger purchase so I would like to apply my points toward accessories...

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
Very similar experience when I tried to use the points for The Works on my wife's Explorer almost a month ago. They still haven't deducted the points from my account. Tried to do a chat session with them online so that they'd correct it. The agent just told me that they weren't knowledgeable of anything related to Ford Pass. The only way they said I'd be able to work with someone is thru the app. So laughable? Hell yes! o_O

07/16/2019: More than a month later, they finally deducted the points from my account. We'll see how it goes next time I need to use points.
As an update/tie in to my original comments, I took my Ranger in yesterday for The Works. Went to check out, and the Quick Lane service advisor asked if I wanted to use Ford Pass Rewards. I told him Yes, and we also discussed my previous experience. He actually remembered it as I was their first customer to use them - and said the process was now working as it should. Today I looked at my rewards balance, and see that they were already deducted.

Romac

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2017 Escape SE
Can you redeem these online for accessories or do you HAVE to do it at the dealership

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Can you redeem these online for accessories or do you HAVE to do it at the dealership
From everything I've read and heard you can't use them online. I used some of them for my tailgate damper at my dealer.

Phish806

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I am hearing about guys using points, but is anyone GETTING points by paying for oil changes or buying parts through Ford?

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
I am hearing about guys using points, but is anyone GETTING points by paying for oil changes or buying parts through Ford?
I used my points for an oil change on my Ranger and my wife's Explorer. And I've gotten points for those purchases. So I'd think that if you're all set up for FordPass, you should get points for anything you buy through your dealer.

Phish806

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Did you have to give them any extra info at the time of purchase or do they go off of email? Name? I am just curious how it all works i guess

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I gotta bring up the subject of the bed swing out boxes, both the licensed Ford and those made by Undercover.
Did the installation require any hole drilling at all? Or did the mounting bracket(s) utilize the existing M6 and M8 tapped holes Ford has provided in the bed? Also, it looks as though the rear bed tie down hooks will need to be removed, concur?
Security wise, it looks as though the tailgate must be lowered to gain access to the swing out latching mechanism, correct? I don't want anybody walking off with the case in hand with my roadside emergency gear in it with the gate up.
Definitely a deal breaker if I gotta drill holes in my new truck, that ain't happening at all!

Thanks!

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Did you have to give them any extra info at the time of purchase or do they go off of email? Name? I am just curious how it all works i guess
You need to register an account with Ford Pass Rewards online, my rewards were posted to my account about a week after I took delivery.
The details are posted online as well.
Sponsored