Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
As soon as lawyer is mentioned to the dealer the dealer doesn't have to do anything in fact they will not do anything while the case is pending.

Never threaten the dealer with the lawyer unless you're going to go through the State Lemon Law. Soon as you mention an attorney all Communications will cease except through the arbitrator and the attorney

Or you can take a loss of a few thousand, sell it and get out of it and buy a Tacoma.(I hear they're pretty good trucks). Almost as nice as the Ranger. Showing a handwritten page means nothing. You might want to share the vehicle dealers Communications handwriting With this Forum. That is if you want to be taken seriously

Something is not right but

Last edited:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Bob Mac arthur

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger lariat shadow black FX4 501A. TRAILER TOW PACKAGE
Occupation
Retired
I've uploaded two pics that show my list of everything that has been going wrong with my Ranger since the day I got it, Oct 31, 2019. Now I can also add that the truck doesn't actually have, or it doesn't work, the system that is supposed to assist in applying brake pressure when it detects a pedestrian. A guy stepped out in the street in front of my truck two days ago, luckily I was only going 10-15 mph. I was able to push the brakes and stop about 2-3 inches from running the man over. There was never a single audible or visual warning or alarm that took place. There was no adaptive braking by the vehicle either. After being in 5 times to try and get this stuff repaired, the dealership told me I'm not allowed to bring it back for anything, and I'm not allowed to come on the lot unless it's to buy a new vehicle. I've been to 3 other Ford dealerships that will not service it either. It's a pile of junk, isn't even capable of towing 6000 pounds without causing the engine to misfire and then stall within less than 2 miles of towing.

IMG_js7ncm.jpg

IMG_9scgft.jpg
WOW that sure is some list

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
WOW that sure is some list
As soon as lawyer is mentioned to the dealer the dealer doesn't have to do anything in fact they will not do anything while the case is pending.

Never threaten the dealer with the lawyer unless you're going to go through the State Lemon Law. Soon as you mention an attorney all Communications will cease except through the arbitrator and the attorney

Or you can take a loss of a few thousand, sell it and get out of it and buy a Tacoma. I hear they're pretty good trucks. Almost as nice as the Ranger. showing a handwritten page means nothing. You might want to share the vehicle dealers Communications handwriting With this Forum. That is if you want to be taken seriously

Something is not right but

Hmmm...How about some proof that this truck and the OP exists. Not sure how to validate but it is sure suspect. By the way..the OP's penmanship is very proor, but is consistent with Taco owners...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I am no expert but I am pretty sure when you put your car in park it prevents the driveshaft from moving at all, if it failed both back wheels would spin not just one. That does not make sense.
I totally agree, when park range is selected, the transmission's output shaft is mechanically locked to the transmission case itself. Being that this person's truck is a 4x4 the output shaft is connected to the transfer case and directly to the driveshaft if it's a 4x2. There is no way and how that if this shaft is locked will it allow any of the rear wheels to spin, period (assuming that the pinion shaft is not broken, but these shafts do not normally repair themselves). The rear wheels may rotate a few degrees until the parking pawl engages, but certainly not allow the wheel to spin. The only way this could possibly happen is if the driveshaft is disconnected from the differential.
Time to post copies of the RO's, until then I smell some trolling action going on here.

Hey Phil, they still call warranty RO's 1863's?

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Reactions: Doc

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
@Kevarmy79 You still on here ???
Don't think so, his last post on this thread was @ 2157 hours yesterday, could be he got scared away with almost everyone calling him on his shibai.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I guess he abandoned this thread? Anyway, every manufacturer has defects around the world. It cannot be helped.
Toyota is definitely not excluded from this club. You look at a toy forum and you will see the amount of trouble and recalls people deal with. This is not the 90's anymore.
If this is true, I really feel bad for the guy, but something is off. There was a line crossed somewhere.

I live in an area where Toyota and all the Asian manufactures have free reign. There is nothing special about those vehicles. They break and get repaired, its the cycle. The Ranger and Everest have been kikng but here, and thats from real off road abuse experience. You cannot argue with real world face to face experience.

Last edited:

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Wouldn’t you love to be the Service Advisor and Technician dealing with the customer and this BS list? Can you say NIGHTMARE???

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
I've been in this exact scenario. Show me what it does and one issue at a time is the best plan. i have given my truck to the customer and driven his as my daily (with IDS connected) trying to duplicate. As far as wind/turbo noises, I would have tech install a set of microphones (made specifically for this) and drive it while the tech rode along, & tried to narrow things down. I have taped all door seams and openings and driven with mics hooked up looking for wind noise. The problem I see with this post is it would involve electrical, mechanical and other systems all failing. Odds of that are pretty slim. A mechanical NORMALLY doesn't come and go. If it's broke, it's broke and easy to duplicate. Intermittent is another story. Oversimplified, if you can't duplicate it, it doesn't exist. I'm still of the opinion that ANYTHING can be corrected or resolved if there is a desire on both sides and the customer is willing to help you. As far as this thread, I think it was a drive by shooting...... but I may be wrong.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Just my 2 cents as an X Ford Service Manager. I smell a rat. The only time I ever refused to work on a vehicle was when the customer threatened the Service Adviser ('fix my truck NOW or I'll kick your ass".) in a crowded service area. I made arrangements for another dealer to look at the truck and explained the situation. He used the same tactic with them and they ran him off. Last I heard, he was dealing directly with Ford to resolve. I have worked on several vehicles that other dealers have bailed on due to customer issues with satisfactory outcomes. Just a side note on Lemon Laws. They are different by State and the amount of $ compensation in Texas is determined by the State, based on their Fair Market Value (read very low). Not how much you paid, how much you owe, or how much it would cost to replace it. Also once a Lemon Law Claim is filed, the dealer is out and is no longer allowed to work on it. A "I'll file a LL claim", is not much of a threat and is a Very Last resort in my opinion. ANYTHING can be fixed or resolved IF there is the desire to on both parties. Just MY opinion........
I used to sell Fords back in the 80s & 90s. Once in awhile a customer would come along with 1st degree buyers' remorse. Every one of the 15,000 or so parts of the vehicle was defective. No way to prove it or resolve it satisfactorily, but reading between the lines, his "other brand" peer group may be chiding him. And one or more items on his laundry list may be valid, but when your attitude or behavior is confrontational, it will often be met with decreasing patience and finally refusal to resolve any of the issues.
Someone once said, "The key to conflict resolution is 90% honesty, 100% attitude." The math may not work, but the adage does.

Last edited:

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
OP has no other post on any other threads and hasn't been back to give further information.
Maybe admin should just close this one out.
We have offered feedback and if this was truly a concerned member of the forum then I would think he'd be back giving us updates and there would be further participation in other threads.

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I've uploaded two pics that show my list of everything that has been going wrong with my Ranger since the day I got it, Oct 31, 2019. Now I can also add that the truck doesn't actually have, or it doesn't work, the system that is supposed to assist in applying brake pressure when it detects a pedestrian. A guy stepped out in the street in front of my truck two days ago, luckily I was only going 10-15 mph. I was able to push the brakes and stop about 2-3 inches from running the man over. There was never a single audible or visual warning or alarm that took place. There was no adaptive braking by the vehicle either. After being in 5 times to try and get this stuff repaired, the dealership told me I'm not allowed to bring it back for anything, and I'm not allowed to come on the lot unless it's to buy a new vehicle. I've been to 3 other Ford dealerships that will not service it either. It's a pile of junk, isn't even capable of towing 6000 pounds without causing the engine to misfire and then stall within less than 2 miles of towing.

IMG_js7ncm.jpg

IMG_9scgft.jpg
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, quality control is no more huh, so the ect....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.