• Total voters

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
I got a quote of $800+ to install my Eibach kit...that was incentive to get through more blood sweat and tears one more time:whew::)
I looked at it this way... the cost to have someone install all of the stuff would be thousands in the end. So I decided to buy myself a bunch of cool tools for the same price.. haha. At least I get to keep the tools in the end.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
What did you shoe your steed with?

This brings to mind my 2000 S/Cab with factory Firestone tires, I hated them.
They were slippery in the wet and dry and squealed like crazy at any hint of cornering.
I had Michelin's installed after 2 years of enduring those woeful tires, I hope the Hankooks are better.

And I might add that 2 of those Firestones suffered from tread separation, one blew out on me doing 60 mph.
After a ton of research and talking with @Andy who's had them on for several miles I went with the Nitto Ridge Grapplers 265/70/17 and couldn't be happier!. I do a fair amount of off roading and did not trust the stock tires for some of the rockier trails and even though a lot of it is out in the desert where it's soft sand,the last thing you want is to get stranded out there.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
The idea is to drive the stock tires off it first. A good spin once in a while is good for the soul.
Sure I want the look some of you got right away but I'll wait just like I did for receiving the truck.

We should have a thread instead of who's got the best gas mileage to who's got the highest credit card bill this month LOL.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The idea is to drive the stock tires off it first. A good spin once in a while is good for the soul.
Sure I want the look some of you got right away but I'll wait just like I did for receiving the truck.
I had no intension of getting new one but seeing how good some on here looked and hearing a few stories how the stock ones blew out kind of easy for some changed my mind. Ok,it was mostly seeing how good everyone else's looked! :lipssealed:

You could sell them while they're still new and get some decent money for them. I got $325.00 for mine and the new ones were only $706.00 so it helps justify the cost.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I looked at it this way... the cost to have someone install all of the stuff would be thousands in the end. So I decided to buy myself a bunch of cool tools for the same price.. haha. At least I get to keep the tools in the end.
Ya it's all great now but I went through some hell to play mechanic lol...especially that night I thought I was going to need a tow truck to bring my aborted suspension install to the dealership next day and explain how this happened...the shafts popped out...couldn't get them back in after a long struggle...got them in...test drove and heard all kinds of clunking noise...calmed myself and realized I hadn't torqued down the studs...8 hours of fun...wouldn't want to do that again:facepalm::whew:o_O:LOL:

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya it's all great now but I went through some hell to play mechanic lol...especially that night I thought I was going to need a tow truck to bring my aborted suspension install to the dealership next day and explain how this happened...the shafts popped out...couldn't get them back in after a long struggle...got them in...test drove and heard all kinds of clunking noise...calmed myself and realized I hadn't torqued down the studs...8 hours of fun...wouldn't want to do that again:facepalm::whew:o_O:LOL:
I had the same experience with the CV shaft but I stepped away for a few min and approached it with a zen like mindset along with a few nasty words, it went back in place. :handsinair: The second time I installed stuff up there it went much smoother.

Reactions: Doc

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
A few cans of Plasti Dip----badges and wheels
Spray cans of primer, paint and clear----color-matched grille
Bullet antenna
Tailgate dampener
Weather Tech front floor mats

Still need to get new wheels and tires, a rear sway bar kit, and hopefully, a rear leveling kit.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Wow this was an eye opener... mine’s in Canadian dollars but I’ve cracked the $6000 mark and still need to buy summer wheels and an exhaust system!

3M Hood Film - $350
Window Tint - $120
Eibach Pro-Truck Suspension - $565
Bora 1” Wheel Spacers - $290
RokBlokz Mud Flaps - $185
Undercover Ultraflex Hard Tonneau Cover - $1100
Stubby Antenna - $45
Weathertech Window Visors - $140
3M Door Sill Protectors - $30
Huskyliners Floor Liners - $240
Go Rhino DSS steps - $690
LED puddle lights - $20
LED license plate lights - $10
LED Bed Lights - $0
Cupholderhero Liners - $30
Tailgate Damper - $25
Tailgate Seal - $20
Tailgate Letters - $40
Line-X Spray in Bedliner - $580
Bed Storage Bag- $0
Cooper M+S Winter Tires - $900
General Grabber ATX Summer Tires - $500
Raptor Grille - $145

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Wow this was an eye opener... mine’s in Canadian dollars but I’ve cracked the $6000 mark and still need to buy summer wheels and an exhaust system!

3M Hood Film - $350
Window Tint - $120
Eibach Pro-Truck Suspension - $565
Bora 1” Wheel Spacers - $290
RokBlokz Mud Flaps - $185
Undercover Ultraflex Hard Tonneau Cover - $1100
Stubby Antenna - $45
Weathertech Window Visors - $140
3M Door Sill Protectors - $30
Huskyliners Floor Liners - $240
Go Rhino DSS steps - $690
LED puddle lights - $20
LED license plate lights - $10
LED Bed Lights - $0
Cupholderhero Liners - $30
Tailgate Damper - $25
Tailgate Seal - $20
Tailgate Letters - $40
Line-X Spray in Bedliner - $580
Bed Storage Bag- $0
Cooper M+S Winter Tires - $900
General Grabber ATX Summer Tires - $500
Raptor Grille - $145

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Lol...welcome a pickup owners group, yes they are somewhat 'needy' but depending on your hauling needs, you'll wonder how you ever did without one.
For instance, would you carry 50 cinder blocks in the trunk of your Honda Accord? how about 10 bags of mortar mix in your son's Porsche Cayenne?
And don't forget 20 bags of steer manure (whew!) in your wife's Tesla Model X? (she'll really love you for that).
You get the idea...
I did all that (and more lol, think lots of bags of gravel, bricks, drainage pipes, etc etc) with my '16 Explorer when I was getting our garden fixed last year xD

20190123_144637.jpg

Man that thing was dusty when I was done

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
I need a little clarification on how to fill out this poll. Should I be including the cost of the presents I got the wife to distract her from the fact that I bought a new truck?

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I need a little clarification on how to fill out this poll. Should I be including the cost of the presents I got the wife to distract her from the fact that I bought a new truck?
Lol! I'd let your consense (sic) and self-preservation priorities guide you should she have access to this forum!

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like its part of the build.. haha

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I did all that (and more lol, think lots of bags of gravel, bricks, drainage pipes, etc etc) with my '16 Explorer when I was getting our garden fixed last year xD

20190123_144637.jpg

Man that thing was dusty when I was done
LOL! I once loaded 15 bags of dry mix concrete and 25 brick pavers once in the back of my beater '99 Honda CR-V which I bought from the Iwilei Home Depot and drove home here to Kaimuki, what an adventure that was! (the poor car really did not need power steering with that load).
Strange though, the transmission was never the same since...
Ditto for my 2000 Ranger loaded with 1500 lbs. of ceramic tile which I drove from the airport area to Wahiawa, so glad I had the Michelin's on it then, the cruise was set to 50 mph, AC on, the temperature gauge hit unforeseen regions, but the truck never whimpered.
The load was so heavy that the rear splash guards were constantly touching the pavement...
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc