SCAB build, Seattle WA

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
Hi all, this is the build thread for Kathleen's Ranger SCAB. We're sort of making this account together as we build her truck up. I'm Ryan, the bf and come from a background of high WHP imports and most recently building big block pre-'60's hot rods and a lifetime of boutique detailing from exotics to personal vehicles.

2019 Ranger Lariat
-Super Cab
-FX4 off road package
-Tech package

So far we've put the following mods on her
  • Xpel paint protection film which goes back 24" on the hood/fenders, full front, mirrors, rockers, kick plates
  • Retrax Pro XR Tonneau cover with built in D-track
  • spray in bed liner
  • Yakima 2-bar rack system with plenty of accessory tie downs
  • tinted side windows 35% (legal in WA state)
  • WeatherTech floor mats
  • Fully detailed upon pick-up (by me, dealership wasn't allowed to touch it prior to pick up!
    • Full IronX treatment
    • Minor paint correction with Menzerna Super Finish Plus
    • Paint protection with Wolfgang v3.0 sealant
    • Solution Finish dye to darken the poorly tinted factory black plastic trim on bumper and rails
The truck has been fantastic on a 600 mile road trip to the cabin on the beach, and also a 1,200 mile road trip to Glacier National Park in Montana.

RoadTripRanger.jpg

RuffCycles.jpg

DSC00127.JPG

IMG_7057.JPG

Going To The Sun Road view.jpg

Kathleens new Ranger.jpg

new truck 2.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
LightingBlue

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reserving this space for future pics.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hi all, this is the build thread for Kathleen's Ranger SCAB. We're sort of making this account together as we build her truck up. I'm Ryan, the bf and come from a background of high WHP imports and most recently building big block pre-'60's hot rods and a lifetime of boutique detailing from exotics to personal vehicles.

2019 Ranger Lariat
-Super Cab
-FX4 off road package
-Tech package

So far we've put the following mods on her
  • Xpel paint protection film which goes back 24" on the hood/fenders, full front, mirrors, rockers, kick plates
  • Retrax Tonneau cover with built in D-track
  • spray in bed liner
  • Yakima 2-bar rack system with plenty of accessory tie downs
  • tinted side windows 35% (legal in WA state)
  • WeatherTech floor mats
  • Fully detailed upon pick-up (by me, dealership wasn't allowed to touch it prior to pick up!
    • Full IronX treatment
    • Minor paint correction with Menzerna Super Finish Plus
    • Paint protection with Wolfgang v3.0 sealant
    • Solution Finish dye to darken the poorly tinted factory black plastic trim on bumper and rails
The truck has been fantastic on a 600 mile road trip to the cabin on the beach, and also a 1,200 mile road trip to Glacier National Park in Montana.

Kathleens new Ranger.jpg

RoadTripRanger.jpg

RuffCycles.jpg

DSC00127.JPG

IMG_7057.JPG

Going To The Sun Road view.jpg
Beautiful Ranger & pics!!!

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
Hello from the other side of the bridge in Kitsap...

Reactions: Doc

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Good lookin' truck and the trail photos are great too. Good to see another member of the PNW Ranger club!

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
@LightingBlue
Another Seattlelite here, well kinda....live in Snoqualmie. :) I too am a recent new owner of a Lightening Blue Lariat SCrew Fx4 as of August. This forum is just awesome. This is my first truck and I am absolutely loving the Ranger, I'm sure you guys are as well. I also come from the world of modifying imports. Currently have an Evora (very mild build - tune w/ headers/straight pipe exhaust/intake) and a highly modified aftermarket supercharged Elise with too many other mods to list. The Elise I call my wife's (and wallet's) bane.....:)

Those pics are gorgeous....looks like they should be in the Ranger accessories catalog! About to take mine on her first trip with the fam over to our place in Lake Chelan this afternoon and looking forward to the drive!

Welcome to the club you two!

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Small world - I grew up in North Bend.
Very small indeed! I've lived in Snoqualmie for the last 10yrs but bounced between Sammamish and Issaquah the prior.

I love Snoqualmie and N.Bend. Nice to be able to grab a fly rod after work in the summer and be a 10-15min drive from the house for the different mountain river forks.

OP
OP
LightingBlue

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@LightingBlue
Another Seattlelite here, well kinda....live in Snoqualmie. :) I too am a recent new owner of a Lightening Blue Lariat SCrew Fx4 as of August. This forum is just awesome. This is my first truck and I am absolutely loving the Ranger, I'm sure you guys are as well. I also come from the world of modifying imports. Currently have an Evora (very mild build - tune w/ headers/straight pipe exhaust/intake) and a highly modified aftermarket supercharged Elise with too many other mods to list. The Elise I call my wife's (and wallet's) bane.....:)
Sounds like you have a soft spot for unreliable British sports cars. Do you attend the NW Lotus Club's events? A client has an Elite (not an Elise).

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Very small indeed! I've lived in Snoqualmie for the last 10yrs but bounced between Sammamish and Issaquah the prior.

I love Snoqualmie and N.Bend. Nice to be able to grab a fly rod after work in the summer and be a 10-15min drive from the house for the different mountain river forks.
My sister and her husband live in Sammamish. That was a great area to grow up in (though didn't appreciate it like I could have as a kid), but it's gotten so damn crowded the last 20 years. Of course, so has everywhere else :frown:

New I live up in Everett. I was just down in the North Bend / Fall City / Snoqualmie area a few months ago for the Twin Peaks fest.
Ah yes, Twin Peaks. It's what put us on the map :LOL:

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like you have a soft spot for unreliable British sports cars. Do you attend the NW Lotus Club's events? A client has an Elite (not an Elise).
The Elite is a gorgeous car. There are a few owners on the board that have them but most you see are Elans from that era. I very much do have a soft spot for British sports cars (as well as Japanese).

I have been to a small handful of Lotus shows but missed the last British meet that happened in July. I was notified by another owner but already had a weekend trip planned. Maybe next one if kids sports don't get in the way.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The reason the Brits like warm beer is that they all own Lucas refrigerator!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Company Retired

OP
OP
LightingBlue

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Small update to our thread as the Ranger has been incredibly reliable, unlike our free time to do projects on it.

Weathertech mudflaps were a birthday present to Kathleen and we haven't even had time to install them, let alone wash the truck. Fancy tray and cupholder liners in Electric Blue were ordered and look fantastic in the truck. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XQNPGQT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

On my end of things there was a surgical strike upon the bank account with nearly drone-like precision. This resulted in the sudden expansion of the fleet which allows the '61 Thunderbird to go down for about a year to focus on shaving the entire car and a kustom paint job (no hints as to what the paint job will be).

Without further ramblings, here she is. 1951 Chevy Fleetline Aerosedan with 23,xxx original miles. That averages out to under 350 miles for each of her 69 years on the planet.

3 on the tree transmission and now with upgraded brake master cylinder! (fluid added as it was empty). The original 261 cubic inch motor was swapped out for a '58 235 cubic inch block during the mid 1960's (a common swap in it's day).

Copy of IMG_1352.jpeg

Copy of IMG_1350.jpeg

Copy of IMG_1379.jpeg

OP
OP
LightingBlue

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We installed a set of Weather Tech "no-drill" mudflaps on the Ranger yesterday.

Feedback for the flaps themselves:
- Came with very high-grade stainless steel hardware
- Well designed flaps which are rugged and look to last a long time
- Detailed and complete instructions so that install could be performed by anybody with a can-do attitude.

I also spent the day Saturday polishing the chrome and stainless steel on the '51. As with most cars from the 40's-50's, there was acres and acres of brightwork and it was a pleasure to see the fruits of the labor.

Ranger and Fleetline 2.jpg

new flaps.jpg

Chrome, aluminum and stainless polishing kit, notice TONS of wool pads as this is going to be a long process.
I recommend using 0000 grade stainless steel instead of 00 or 000 as you don't want to increase the size of any pitting, rather scrape the crud off the top of the pits.
chrome polishing.jpg

Drivers side gravel guard after 0000 steel wool with a mild acid:
gravel guard before.jpg

Same gravel guard after polishing with 2 stages of metal polish using 2 stages of wool pads (mild cut polish chemical with cutting wool pad, then a pure polishing chemical paired with a buffing pad)
Gravel guard after.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: