Light bar bracket compatible with ACC?

Bonchexmix

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Hey all, I've seen a few front light brackets so far that mount in the horizontal slit below the license plate, but all of them block the Adaptive Cruise Control sensor. Has anyone seen one that either has a split bracket for lights on either side (preferred), relocates the sensor (iffy about this), or should I just go for pod lights mounted next to the A-pillar on either side? Figured I'd try to go for the flush look first. Even if it means I have to get two 4" or 6" bars I'd be fine with that.

Thanks
Sponsored

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Hey all, I've seen a few front light brackets so far that mount in the horizontal slit below the license plate, but all of them block the Adaptive Cruise Control sensor. Has anyone seen one that either has a split bracket for lights on either side (preferred), relocates the sensor (iffy about this), or should I just go for pod lights mounted next to the A-pillar on either side? Figured I'd try to go for the flush look first. Even if it means I have to get two 4" or 6" bars I'd be fine with that.

Thanks
Ive been asking for split brackets on here for a while. Nothing has come out yet that I’m aware of.

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
https://mandronline.com/products/2019-ford-raptor-led-m-r-dual-30-light-kit?variant=30331299299400

I had the luck of having these guys prototype fit them on my ranger. I'll post up night pics but they work great, fit behind both factory and raptor style grills. Im guessing xlt and xl grills will block some of the light but so far I have noticed no cooling issues with this installed.

Mike
Thanks for posting. Not really a fan of this setup. I would rather have two 6” double row combo bars straddling the ACC sensor.

todorakiggg

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Wildtrak 2.0 biturbo
I support your vision too, I want to keep ACC sensor where it is.
I was thinking of roof top light bar. There is a company in South Africa offering both brackets and light bars...
Anyway, still prefer to have them down there, because otherwise getting in the garage will be literally impossible, but that's something Ranger / Europe specific. :D:D:D

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
that was how i was originally going to setup lights until I got contacted by m&r, so I totally understand!

Mike

Thanks for posting. Not really a fan of this setup. I would rather have two 6” double row combo bars straddling the ACC sensor.

V1KT3R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 1990 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer

Thanks

I do not have the ACC sensor but I would imagine these should fit right around it on either side. Rumor has it the connect directly to the ranger bright harness and are DOT bright legal. https://www.diodedynamics.com/off-road-auxiliary-led/light-bars.html

todorakiggg

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Wildtrak 2.0 biturbo
I've been looking at these 6 inch bars for quite some time too.
Has anyone installed them already? Where do you connect them to? Do you have to tap into the wires or there is a plug and play harness available?

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I used 10'' bars in the bumpers so I didn't cover the ACC radar. I was thinking it was going to blow air flow, but it really doesn't do that either. I suggest the 10'' because they're large enough to cover the entire opening - I started with a 7'' and it wasn't wide enough to look good.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/in-bumper-led-lights.3583/

dillby777

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

HotShotOffroad

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Have you looked into the Diode Dynamics kit? They have an 18" light bar option for the ranger or for those like yourself looking for a kit compatible with the ACC, they have a two 6" light bar kit with brackets! We have them on sale right now for BF. Hit us up if you need help! We have them in stock but limited units left already!

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
As front Lic plates are required in Calif I went with a Lic plate holder with a built in bracket for a 20" light bar, the area for the ACC (I don't have it) is not blocked. This works well and the bar is rock solid. May not be what you are looking for, but I like it :)
IMG_4182.JPG
Sponsored